• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

FSLink

Banned
Well, it's funny that they made the effort to have the announcer saying "Ulltra Street Fighter IV" come through the DualShock 4 speaker on that screen, but missed that.

lmfao, who the eff QA'd this, this is amateur stuff.

If you don't have another easily available version of USF4, I would get this. The gameplay works perfectly, coming from a person who's bought this game 6 times now.

Menus are slow and stage backgrounds look a little uglier, but I can't imagine that'll take long to patch.

Springy

Good response.
/s.

But really, why not?

I don't get how you claim to understand people's annoyance and then ask why they can't wait. The game is out. It should work as expected. Especially as it's a port of a game that has been available for a significant amount of time on less powerful hardware.

Shadoken

Probably concentrating on SFV and the community. They should have paid more attention to this port.

I can understand not focussing on this title , but the bugs here seem so glaring that even casually playing the port they would have noticed its bad.

smurfx

get some go again
lol cacpom has really outdone themselves this time. the money hats have already been placed and evo will be forced to use the ps4 version. even if they compromised and used the ps3 version they would still be using an inferior port. haha i think other pro tour events have to use the ps4 version as well.

Nephtes

Tinfoil hat brigade:
Did they put PS3 arcade stick support to try and assuage any negativity due to the otherwise shabbiness of the port?

Tinfoil hat brigade:
Did they put PS3 arcade stick support to try and assuage any negativity due to the otherwise shabbiness of the port?

Double Tinfoil hat brigade:
Or did adding arcade stick support break the otherwise perfect port and now people don't even care it is there?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
This is an outrage. How can both Sony and Capcom be ok with this?! Why not give it to Blueprint, Hexadrive, or M2? Why not cut corners with the port and just charge a bit extra instead of putting out this turd?

BY2K

Membero Americo
PR_Balrog just posted his reaction to the port too.

A gif of a little girl being scared looking at some horror movie or something.

Kinda Funny played the game yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hpq_MFr-FU

that black haze around the characters doesn't seem present on this build?

As I said in the other thread, here's some screenshots from the review build, captured via the PS4 Share button. (So there'll be some compression from the system itself, not the imagehost.)

Ultra_SF4_PS4_Shot_2.jpg

Ultra_SF4_PS4_Shot_6.jpg

Ultra_SF4_PS4_Shot_7.jpg

Ultra_SF4_PS4_Shot_9.jpg

Ultra_SF4_PS4_Shot_13.jpg

Ultra_SF4_PS4_Shot_5.jpg

Ultra_SF4_PS4_Shot_16.jpg

Duxxy3

PR_Balrog just posted his reaction to the port too.

A gif of a little girl being scared looking at some horror movie or something.

If there is anybody that can tear apart the technical faults of a fighting game it's him. He notices every damn thing.

welp was happy to buy this at the asking price but not if it's sub-par. inexcusable for a last-gen game to have performance issues on PS4 like that.

ZeroX03

Banned
So very disappointing. I hope Capcom and Sony get on top of this, EVO and CEO staff are probably freaking out. Hopefully it gets patched ASAP.

farisr

So I tested it out without the patch and with the patch, no discernable differences (AF, AA, move differences at least for decapre) so I'm not posting a video.

So I don't know what people are talking about "menus stuttering, loading slower"I played ultra on ps3 a few months ago, and this seems to be faster at loading menus, rounds etc. Then again, that was a few months ago, I'll take people's word for it that it's slower.

That Decapre video must be a glitch. at least for the range. I haven't played ultra or decapre much, but the range is definitely not that short as shown in the video going around.

As for character "dark outlines/haze" that seems fine. Seems like the same artstyle/outlines as last gen. I know PC did offer different styles, but the consoles never did.

But yes, AF is definitely a problem, training stage looks worse on ps4 than the previous gen versions because of this.

Also, lack of AA is definitely disappointing.

jbug617

Banned
Seems like some of the moves have been changed.

@zDamascus: @nycfurby well aside from input lag, we realized some moves are different. Ibuki's LK Tsumuji, Chun's legs, decapre's teleport

Anung

Un Rama
So very disappointing. I hope Capcom and Sony get on top of this, EVO and CEO staff are probably freaking out. Hopefully it gets patched ASAP.

I'm actually more confident that this will get sorted due to the scene and EVO deals. It literally feels like its something they can't ignore or use as a cash grab.

I hope.

Neff

Why couldn't at least Iron Galaxy have gotten the USFIV PS4 porting job?

They did decent ports of Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom + Shadow Over Mystara (Chronicles of Mystara) for multiple platforms, while Capcom / original arcade staff handled the Japanese PS3 retail / physical version themselves.

I agree that Iron Galaxy's stuff is solid compared to the usual Digital Eclipse/Backbone fare, but in fairness converting USFIV is a far greater task than converting a 2D game. I'm sure it will be patched if it doesn't hold up to FGC scrutiny, because what other audience does SFIV have at this point?

Also those wishing for Dimps to have handled the port are probably overlooking the fact that their hands are full with SFV right now.

I'm shocked that they didn't get these people involved for QA. Considering they have been hyping this version as the standard for all tournaments going forward.

This really sucks, I'm not home to play.. but already have it preloaded. Now it feels like such a waste when I could have gotten the Steam version and enjoyed proper USB gamepad support.

Dunno if this was posted, but when you dizzy someone, they don't have stars/chickens/skulls above their head on the PS4

No way..

Top Bottom