• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

LowParry

Eeesh, people weren't kidding. The entire menu screen just lags. Character selection is laggy. In game though. I can't quite figure it out yet. Something feels way off about it. I need to try a few matches with my arcade stick though.

Menus are too slow and didn't play Decapre, but game feels good here, including online. Not a pro player who can count frames.
As always, if when searching didn't find rival create a match.
Haters are overreacting, mentioned issues are minor stuff that if real may be patched soon.

"game feels good here"
"haters are overreacting"
"mentioned issues are minor stuff"

No, this port is atrocious This shit is unplayable.

BizzyBum

『Inaba Resident』;165296595 said:
"game feels good here"
"haters are overreacting"
"mentioned issues are minor stuff"

No, this port is atrocious

It's amazing no matter how bad something is there will always be people to downplay it and defend it while also calling out other people.

I'm at a loss for words how anyone could defend this port.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Perfect example of the dark fuzz around every character. Just look at Fei Long.

Yeah it randomly came back. Weird bug though. I guess I did something that broke it.

I went to record it and it came back. I screencapped it though before.

gzRZjTg.jpg

L2P

Neo Member
i want someone to do an ACTUAL lag test..... all this "feels off" doesnt make me believe anything.

Port isn't that bad when it comes to actually playing it. The problems are annoying but they will be patched.

They shouldn't need to be patched, that's not an excuse. It's ridiculous because when Ultra first released, it was already a bad port with tons of bugs and hitbox issues. The netplay on the PC version was only fixed less than 2 months ago, and that was because Valve updated the way Steam handles connections, not through any effort of Capcom's.

Purest 78

Playing now Game is smooth online is smooth enjoying my time with it. If you're not a pro or wannabe pro I think you'll enjoy it too.

I've played the game for over an hour now (albeit offline so I can't say anything about the net code). The menus are horrible but the game itself feels like the 360 version. Maybe I am missing something. I only played for a small amount of time but I would like to think if something dodgy was occurring, I would see/notice it.

Edit: Looks like the pros are saying there are input delay problems. I suppose I was wrong ahah.

nikos

I'm definitely feeling input lag during gameplay, as well as in menus, over the 360 version. The only thing different about my setup is my stick, which is now a DualShock 4 PCB wired to a JLF and Sanwa buttons. Was using an Eightarc 360 Onyx and MadCatz TE-S (Sanrio) most recently before this.

There are many other flaws as well, but this is my main concern at the moment.

They shouldn't need to be patched, that's not an excuse. It's ridiculous because when Ultra first released, it was already a bad port with tons of bugs and hitbox issues. The netplay on the PC version was only fixed less than 2 months ago, and that was because Valve updated the way Steam handles connections, not through any effort of Capcom's.
I'm not excusing the fuck ups they made but I'm trying to see what's wrong with the actual gameplay since people are saying it "feels off". Just had 5 online matches with zero lag and the te ps3 stick feels fine.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
good thing i bought a $300 stick just for the occasion.

I played for about two hours, and I think I can notice the input lag in training mode, but i'm no expert.

Team Spooky ‏@teamspooky 2m2 minutes ago

The PS4 Port of Ultra will not be used at NLBC. If you need to know why just try it yourself.

hahaha
Lmao, thank goodness. What a waste of cash. I could have bought that awesome looking Titan Souls game instead of this shit port.

Wanchan

Could it be we're seeing tons of issues from people who still haven't finished downloading the game completly?

I saw a guy complaining about missing textures/gfx bug, but i've yet to see this on the 3 versions i have at home. (3 different ps4 in house).

The only thing i noticed so far are super slow menus...

BizzyBum

Playing now Game is smooth online is smooth enjoying my time with it. If you're not a pro or wannabe pro I think you'll enjoy it too.

Besides being wrong, the major reason why this is bad is because the PS4 version is going to be the platform used for all future pro tournaments. If the majority of pro players have already caught numerous issues with the port in the first hour of release, you know Other Ocean dun goofed.

FSLink

Banned
MC|GcYoshi13 ‏@gcyoshi13 41s42 seconds ago
On a good note, the 6 frame lag on PS4 USF4 will cause people to drop links

As a T.Hawk player with no USF4 fundamentals, this is desirable

:lol

MrDaravon

mdV02xR.jpg

Am I reading that wrong, or does that say what I think it does.

We already knew this.

Pray that either a patch gets out EXTREMELY quickly, or Capcom allows them to run it on 360, which seems maybe unlikely given the Sony involvement with CPT? It's all pretty fucked.

MechaX

The sad thing is that if stuff like Decapre's teleport (and as far as we know, some players are having problems doing some links) was affected, then who knows how many other random move properties were affected.

Well I'm buying this version 2m. People are overreacting to the "Press Start" thing for sure. If it said Press any button I bet someone would press the power button just for the lulz. If start on an arcade stick works at the time where it says "Press Start" then its justified.

Top Bottom