• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

Skilletor

I'm legit shocked at how bad this seems. I thought, with evo confirming sight unseen the ps4 version, there was no way they'd fuck this up.

Crazy.

Yup is pretty bad, but look closer...

kenc2rwc.png

Wtf are we looking for here.

Someone post tweets or comments from pro players or real analysis.

Edit: oh, press start? I could care less about that as long as the port us good. I grew up with games and I don't need to literally be told what button to press, but I guess some can't figure it out.

def sim

I've been seeing the stars on dizzy, but I've noticed that the stun for the training mode increases every time you dizzy him or her. I have gouken at 2073 stun right now.

BizzyBum

Dunno if this was posted, but when you dizzy someone, they don't have stars/chicks/skulls above their head on the PS4

I also ran into a bug where player's names disappear in ranked matches.

I'm also done with the PS4 version until they fix this shit. Even green bar games are unplayable. EVEN OFFLINE TRAINING FEELS LAGGY. And I just bought a Hori VLX for the PS4 so it's definitely not the stick causing the input lag.

Capcom and especially Other Ocean should be ashamed right now. Why Capcom thought it was a good idea to give this port to Other Ocean is beyond me, especially since they are wanting this to be the main version for all future events. It's flat out inexcusable how bad this port is.

yurinka

Menus are too slow and didn't play Decapre, but game feels good here, including online. Not a pro player who can count frames.
As always, if when searching didn't find rival create a match.
Haters are overreacting, mentioned issues are minor stuff that if real may be patched soon.

Squire

Banned
Sony's "third party production team" is 2/2 for shitty ports between this and Borderlands 2 on Vita. These projects are nothing more than lip service in a press conference if this is how they're going to turn out. That #buildingthelist good will is about to run out.

zoobzone

Heh there's no Japanese version announced, they knew it was bad before it came out.

Lucky that prevented me from buying it.

I sold my PS4 after I saw that it said "Press Start" on the menu. Seriously? I'm sick of broken games. This is completely unplayable!

Demoskinos

Menus are too slow and didn't play Decapre, but game feels good here, including online. Not a pro player who can count frames.
Haters are overreacting, mentioned issues are minor stuff that if real may be patched soon.

But that's just the thing for people who ARE that invested this is a potentially huge deal. When you dump literally thousands of hours into a game even the smallest of changes is instantly recognizable.

Duxxy3

Team Spooky ‏@teamspooky 2m2 minutes ago

The PS4 Port of Ultra will not be used at NLBC. If you need to know why just try it yourself.

hahaha

Spacebar

Yea, the menus lag a tad bit and the graphics aren't as sharp as the PC version. After about 10 matches online I haven't had any noticeable lag issues though.

Lulubop

What a baffling thing to say.

yurinka

Wait! People are exaggerating about this being worse than the PS3 version, right? Right? Right?!
Obviously yes. Excluding the menus 99.9% of the players won't notice the other things. Only the most passionate ones who are pro players and / or spend their lives in related forums and see things like that as crimes against Human Rights.

When comparing to PS3, normal players will notice things like better visuals at 1080p, way faster loading times, choppy and too slow menus and small additions like remote play (that looks great but has noticiable input lag). If lucky they will notice menitoned changes in a few moves or in the training stage.

Anyone have pics of the black outline/haze?
I just booted up and don't see it.
Same goes with the oversaturated backgrounds and blurry textures. Only played like 10 or 20 matches but seems to be ok, like in the other versions.

Boke1879

I never said people shouldn't be upset. I'm just suggesting people wait a bit before returning copies and feeling regret.

The thing is. I'm sure people expecting some bugs. But from what I'm reading this shit is unacceptable. Just imagine the people who play this competitively. All of this hinders the experience in a major way.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Team Spooky ‏@teamspooky 2m2 minutes ago

The PS4 Port of Ultra will not be used at NLBC. If you need to know why just try it yourself.

hahaha
Spooky is a savage, dang.

Top Bottom