• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

KAL2006

Banned
I really hope the patch sorts things out when it comes to gameplay bugs, lag and online experience. All the other stuff don't really bother me.

RobRSG

I've read it, there's nothing conclusive in there. We'll see if the patch reduces the lag, patch should be live next week.

Similar settings, no AF, no AA.
Effects that are missing from PC version and are present only in PS3 version.
Re-used button prompts.
Input lag.

If they haven't ported the PS3 version, at least they made sure to look as similar as possible. And I seriously don't think this is the case, given the dev. reputation.

SnakeEyez

My gut feeling is the patch will only fix menu lag. I hope I'm wrong...

Seeing as how that should be the easiest thing to fix, that's probably a safe bet. As for the input lag and all, it would seem like they have to go back and port over the PC version which will take a very long time.

SnakeEyez

imposter snakeEyez!

lebron-sad-face.jpg

I get these type of messages allll dayyy.. I swear I made this PSN ID when I got my PS3 on launch back when I didn't know who that was....

Afrikan

I understand that there is no such thing as input lag free...be it because of different Tvs/monitors or what ever.

but are there any fighting games that put zero to minimal input lag as the highest priority, first and foremost and develope around that?

like having a game locked at 60fps before anything else.

Skilletor

I understand that there is no such thing as input lag free...be it because of different Tvs/monitors or what ever.

but are there any fighting games that put zero to minimal input lag as the highest priority, first and foremost and develope around that?

like having a game locked at 60fps before anything else.

Pretty much all of them. Aside from devs like cc2, all fighters are developed at 60fps.

Afrikan

I swear I've posted this before, regarding improved looks on the Vita for PS4 Games . but anyway, I used my Vita to Remote play it today... and man, it looks and runs sooo much better on my Vita than My Sony w900 (which is one of the best TVs)

maybe I messed with the settings on my TV in a negative way. But the Vita stream looked legit 60fps good and the graphics looked good. (which I've complained about on PS4)

now mind you, the game already ran well on My PS4...I haven't had any Menu lag and matches have been fine, with an occasional slowdown here and there.

but again looks and runs even better on the Vita. Maybe because of the small screen and resolution, as well as OLED.

anyone else remote play it yet? Vita Dpad works well.

I kinda feel they will only fix the psn names and rename the start button to options and call it a day. No way have they fixed all this shit in 3 days, unless they knew about it and shipped it broken.

barit

I swear I've posted this before, regarding improved looks on the Vita for PS4 Games . but anyway, I used my Vita to Remote play it today... and man, it looks and runs sooo much better on my Vita than My Sony w900 (which is one of the best TVs)

maybe I messed with the settings on my TV in a negative way. But the Vita stream looked legit 60fps good and the graphics looked good. (which I've complained about on PS4)

now mind you, the game already ran well on My PS4...I haven't had any Menu lag and matches have been fine, with an occasional slowdown here and there.

but again looks and runs even better on the Vita. Maybe because of the small screen and resolution, as well as OLED.

anyone else remote play it yet? Vita Dpad works well.

No you are right. Every game looks better via Remote Play because it gets downsampled from 1080p to 520p if I'm correct. DriveClub for example looks insane on Vita. The same goes for The Order. All the Gifs you see on the net and think "damn I wish these games would look that good". Well they do, over Remote Play ^^

vg260

Would it kill them to offer refunds/discounts/free games to make up for this trash?

I'm not one to insist companies need to offer some sort of apology gift when something out of their control happens, but in this case they blatantly misadvertised the game and refuse to give refunds. That is nonsense. So, in this situation, since they refuse to do the right thing, they most definitely need to do something else. A SFV beta code won't cut it. Anyone can get one by pre-ordering on Amazon, getting the code, then canceling.

They should be refunding our purchases if requested.

jackal27

Banned
Just got a PS4 this week. Was super hyped to download this as my last version of SF4 was Super. Then I find out all this BS and I am so frustrated right now. How could Capcom even let this happen to what is by and large their main franchise?

I remember how people were so excited the game supported PS3 controllers. Everything was coming up Millhouse. If we only knew then what we know now.

I kinda feel they will only fix the psn names and rename the start button to options and call it a day. No way have they fixed all this shit in 3 days, unless they knew about it and shipped it broken.

Isn't that what a lot of games do now (sadly)? Gets to a point near launch they gotta send a game off to pass QA and release on time and they finish it with day one patches.

Is no way they made a patch and got it through QA in 3 days, I'm sure devs have said that takes weeks.

I know this game is buggy as shit but for someone looking to pick up the street fighter series for the first time is the game worth it

I play MKX competitively really good and high level game but I like playing footsies winning by outsmarting my opponent not by out guessing .MKX does have a neutral game but it feels that 50/50 has too much emphasis at this stage of the game OS"s and shit

so is this port good enough to pick up I'm not planning on winning Evo with this game or anything just want to fix that urge of out spacing my opponent and getting ready for SFV?

Top Bottom