• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unchained Blades (PSP/3DS) - June 26 on PSN, 3DS eShop later this year

Thanks so much for that anima tip... I didn't know that.

I'm currently stuck at the Titan 2 boss... any tips??? It was a crushing wall of defeat when I reached it...

is that tortuga? it's hard to give advice, since i don't know which path you chose for your characters. have you considered using group buffs for magic defense and attack? i think those help the most, because the enemy has no option to cancel it as far i know. strong followers with max level and good mood will help eating a few hits as well.

Z3M0G

is that tortuga? it's hard to give advice, since i don't know which path you chose for your characters. have you considered using group buffs for magic defense and attack? i think those help the most, because the enemy has no option to cancel it as far i know. strong followers with max level and good mood will help eating a few hits as well.

Yah, I believe I strayed away from the group buff abilities... I really feel I need those now. And I don't think the mood of any of my followers are particularly good. There wasn't much time for my charisma to increase during the climb of this Titan... It's low level and short compared to the first one (new characters and all that...).

Thanks, your advice was definitely enough to tell me what I need to do / try.

Einherjar

The game is pretty easy if you just get a bunch of AoE abilities. It seems that the damage / defense greatly depends on your character LEVEL and not really the skill tree bonuses. So the best thing to do is to identify an AoE for every character, and rush towards it. Once that's done, get the Rod / Int bonuses to maximize damage. For Fang just rush the 3 burst skills for boss fights.

Then just go to as high a floor as possible, and spam AoE skills (Sylphie's Quad Winder is easily obtained early) to level up. Rinse and repeat for every titan.

How long does the game need to really pick up? I'm set on playing it at some point, I just need to know if it'd be better to plan and make some time for it.

to pick up pace? it's the same from beginning to end, just with different dungeons, skills, story and music. i don't know what you expect. i was hooked from the beginning.

to pick up pace? it's the same from beginning to end, just with different dungeons, skills, story and music. i don't know what you expect. i was hooked from the beginning.

Many RPGs have lots of exposition early on (kind of like P3/4) and/or only let you get a sense of the gameplay after a while (the worst offender being FFXIII in that regard lately). I was wondering if that was the case here.

cj_iwakura

Many RPGs have lots of exposition early on (kind of like P3/4) and/or only let you get a sense of the gameplay after a while (the worst offender being FFXIII in that regard lately). I was wondering if that was the case here.

From what I've played so far, I get the impression the beginning has the major story, then you get bits and pieces along the way, EO style. Explore, meet new character, finish dungeon, unlock new dungeon, repeat.

a couple of tutorials at the beginning of the game and more than average story progression for this kind of niche genre. just right for me.

Top Bottom