• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
That conclusion in the EG review is a thing of beauty

hype through the stratosphere

among giants bitches

KZObsessed

The original Uncharted set a new benchmark for visuals on the PS3 and Uncharted 2 might even have surpassed its successor, Killzone 2.

Amazing how Sony's first parties keep one upping each other.

:bow

KAOz

Short bus special
Shiiiiiiiet, soooooo many good scores. And a fucking 10 from Eurogamer. This is awesome.

Can't wait until the 14th!

Daante

Some quotes from LEVELS review, 10/10

(Translation)

"Im full of admire of the work Naughty Dog has managed to achive with something like a fifthpart of the total budget that Rockstar had and used for GTA IV. I had skyhigh hopes, but had never imagine that a rather small game studio, with a shy platform experience was able to do this. Uncharted 2 is the best adventure game i have played."

"Uncharted 2 is not only the most entertaining adventure game ever, its also the best looking game all categories. Guerilla and Killzone 2 has now been surpassed".

Fakto

By the end of Uncharted 2 though, Drake has found his place in the world, and so has the developer - among giants.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/uncharted-2-among-thieves-review?page=1

holyewoodfoegihpressadssociationepa450.jpg

*Tears of joy*

DrBo42

First Uncharted was pretty good, looking forward to the sequel. :lol at the people going crazy over the Eurogamer review. Relax folks, you'll enjoy the game more if you reign in that hype back to normal levels.

LaneDS

Daante said:
Some quotes from LEVELS review, 10/10

"Im full of admire of the work Naughty Dog has managed to achive with something like a fifthpart of the total budget that Rockstar had and used for GTA IV. I had skyhigh hopes, but had never imagine that a rather small game studio, with a shy platform experience was able to do this. Uncharted 2 is the best adventure game i have played."

"Uncharted 2 is not only the most entertaining adventure game ever, its also the best looking game all categories. Guerilla and Killzone 2 has now been surpassed".

I'm really not surprised about the graphics. That seemed like it was going to be the case all along, to me at least. As technically proficient as Killzone 2 might be, I could never really appreciate how good it looks because of how gritty everything was. The varied landscapes of Uncharted 2 combined with unquestionably good graphics make it the clear winner in my book.

alr1ghtstart said:

Whether or not the multiplayer sticks, however, is arguably a footnote, because at the core of Uncharted 2 is an action-adventure masterpiece whose minor flaws are washed away on a tide of rhythm and spectacle - one that would still be an essential experience even without the option to pull your friends off cliffs and play capture-the-heirloom. For over a dozen pulsating hours, Nathan Drake is among thieves, just as Naughty Dog was when it made the first game by ransacking surrounding genres. By the end of Uncharted 2 though, Drake has found his place in the world, and so has the developer - among giants

Pretty heavy praise right there... all deserved I am sure. Naughty GODS!

LaneDS

netguy503 said:
I wish this demo was an actual...unknown...demo with levels and stuff. :(

The Nepal Warzone co-op section is similar enough to give you a feel for the gameplay at least I'd say.

Erebus

Is the US Uncharted 2 demo any different than the EU Multiplayer beta we've been playing for the last couple of weeks?

netguy503

DarkUSS said:
Is the US Uncharted 2 demo any different than the EU Multiplayer beta we've been playing the last couple of weeks?

No, sadly, read my post above. I went to see if it was something new and it had the "already purchased" icon on it. :(

Zutroy

Would everybody be kind enough to stop downloading the demo so it doesn't take me 130 minutes?

K, thx!

='(

I've been replaying Uncharted: Drake's Fortune over the last few days, now I'm really pumped for the game. And it wont be C$69.99! Only C$59.99.

Jostifer

Did he check what he wrote in this section?
capable of the subtle changes and deft transitions necessary to elevate the series to the same standing as mature action storytellers like Valve and Bungie?
There's a tons of achievements you can throw at that dev but this is their weak link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom