• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaneDS

rhino4evr said:
joke post?

It is the highest rated game this gen, and is likely to stay that way. Is it the best game this gen? I think most people would tell you no, and I'd agree with them.

Denzar

EagleEyes said:
Come on man, rejoice in the fact that Uncharted scored well and leave that other crap out of this thread. Both Valve and Bungie are awesome developers and now there is room for Naughty Dog.
It struck me as well. I just did not percieve Bungie (and it's Halo games) as games with a mature action story...

Anyways... 10/10 is great news, I like Eurogamer a lot, and it makes me even happier to know that they scored U2 a 10 outof 10.

Kittonwy

Banned
Doc Evils said:
Even if kitty gets wet?

If that's the price to pay, that's the price to pay.
gladtomeetya.gif

Zzoram

Lord Error said:
Funnily enough, from Eurogamer's review:

(also it should be 'principal' in this context, no?)

I thought principal is the guy running your school. I'm not sure how it's used out of that context.

Zeliard

rhino4evr said:
didn't they give LBP a 10?

anyway..I find this whole "bias" theory stupid. Most the time Eurogamer's more critical reviews are actually the only realistic ones.

Edge and Eurogamer really do just use the entire scale.

I'd say they're right on the money much of the time. I like Killzone 2 and bought it at launch, and a lot of people complained about Edge scoring it 7/10 (I also thought it was low), but how many people are even still talking about that game? You have to admit, it came and went pretty quickly considering it's still only about 6 months old. No real legs on that game, unfortunately, and Edge's 7/10 is looking pretty damn accurate these days.

EagleEyes

GeoramA said:
Amazing scores as expected. :D

Also glad to hear that it's taking these guys 12-14 hours to beat.
So true. That means it will easily take me 15-17 hours trying to find all the treasure.:D

aparisi2274

Hey, QQ...

What Demo is going up today? Is it that MP demo that Gamestop was giving away with preorders? or is this an actual SP demo?

beast786

Zeliard said:

I'd say they're right on the money much of the time. I like Killzone 2 and bought it at launch, and a lot of people complained about Edge scoring it 7/10 (I also thought it was low), but how many people are even still talking about that game? You have to admit, it came and went pretty quickly considering it's still only about 6 months old. No real legs on that game, unfortunately, and Edge's 7/10 is looking pretty damn accurate these days.

You make absolutely NO SENSE.

Thanks for making me laugh.

I'm never going to let Eurogamer live the hailstorm thing down, so screw whatever they have to say about anything, ever. Interestingly, though, their KZ2 review was the one to closest match my own feelings about the game, so I can't completely hate them.

DrPirate

Banned
Zeliard said:

This happens to really big games too though.

No one talks about MGS4 anymore or other games of the such.

Nizz

I've been staying away from all things Uncharted 2 so as not to spoil something for myself, but wanted to say great work on the OP. Awesome job. :D

Since I've been trying to stay away from a lot of info, I see in the OP that a demo will be out today. Is that a single player demo or multi? Those are great review scores also. Congratulations Naughty Dog!

reKon

Banned
The review scores make me feel good because when I saw the extended warfare 5 minute gameplay for the first time many months ago, I said that this is the best looking game (not even referring to the textures/character models, but more of the animations and all the other details implemented into the visual feast) I've ever seen IN MOTION. With more and more details coming forth and multiplayer being put into the game, I knew this was going to be a must buy for sure.

Anyways, damn I have a good taste in games. It only took me 5 minutes of gameplay to declare a game as probable game of the year/best looking current gen console game. Man, those who criticized saying that I was wrong and it looked like another typical "action/adventure game" and looking mighty stupid right now. Preordered. Day 1. Congrats ND.

Zzoram

womfalcs3 said:
I'm awaiting the GameTrailers review. I enjoy watching their reviews.

Their reviews are often spoiler heavy. I'll just play the game. I wonder if they'll do a midnight launch.

LaneDS said:
At the very least it's going to be the best thing out this year, in my eyes at least.

Totally speculatory on my part, but I have a feeling they're going to
kill off Sully early in the game
as some motivation for Drake. I hope that's not the case, but I have a feeling it might end up that way. I hope not, since I heart him.
I don't think he wants to be known as the guy who dies in every Uncharted game lol

rhino4evr

Zeliard said:

Im not a big shooter fan, but I think a 7 seems a little harsh for KZ2. More like an 8 for me, a 9 for most people.

Did I mention I think the first Uncharted deserved an 8 yet?

LaneDS

aparisi2274 said:
Hey, QQ...

What Demo is going up today? Is it that MP demo that Gamestop was giving away with preorders? or is this an actual SP demo?

It's the same as the Gamestop preorder demo. And it's already up.

ClosingADoor said:
A Dutch review: http://www.xgn.nl/ps3/review/16720/uncharted-2-among-thieves/
9.6/10

Eurogamer NL comes with a 9/10: http://www.eurogamer.nl/articles/uncharted-2-among-thieves-review_5?page=2
Seems like its bigger brother liked the game even more.
Wow, Eurogamer has been branching like crazy and I didn't even notice.

Scrolled down and saw this.
* Flag for Eurogamer.net Eurogamer.net
* Flag for Eurogamer.de Eurogamer.de
* Flag for Eurogamer.fr Eurogamer.fr
* Flag for Eurogamer.pt Eurogamer.pt
* Flag for Eurogamer.nl Eurogamer.nl
* Flag for Eurogamer.es Eurogamer.es
* Flag for Eurogamer.it Eurogamer.it
* Flag for Eurogamer.ro Eurogamer.ro
* Flag for Eurogamer.cz Eurogamer.cz
* Flag for Eurogamer.be Eurogamer.be
* Flag for Eurogamer.dk Eurogamer.dk

The Czech one has a review up too. 9/10.
Belgium, 10/10.

Zeliard

DrPirate said:
This happens to really big games too though.

No one talks about MGS4 anymore or other games of the such.

Killzone 2 had a multiplayer component that was supposed to be huge and bigger than its SP - it should have had the legs of something more like Halo, Call of Duty, or Resistance, not a game like MGS4 which was mostly about the single-player experience (and one that doesn't have a great amount of replay value due to the cutscenes).

KZ2 was supposed to be one of the PS3's big multiplayer hits, and 6 months out, it's basically on nobody's radar anymore and doesn't seem to have been for a while. Hopefully it'll see a resurgence after the next big map pack or addition to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom