• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zeliard said:
KZ2 was supposed to be one of the PS3's big multiplayer hits, and 6 months out, it's basically on nobody's radar anymore and doesn't seem to have been for a while. Hopefully it'll see a resurgence after the next big map pack or addition to the game.
KZ2 has been patched to death (for me at least). Warhawk is PS3's Halo. And Starhawk will be its Halo 2 (or so I hope..).

on topic: downloading the demo. pre-ordered it a while ago.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Wait, I got confused. A friend pm'd me and said the demo was up on PSN. Is this the SP demo or the same MP beta demo?

Nizz

Kaako said:
Wait, I got confused. A friend pm'd me and said the demo was up on PSN. Is this the SP demo or the same MP beta demo?
Yeah, I asked the same question a couple of posts back, but emotions are riding high with review scores! :lol

AFreak

Banned
EagleEyes said:
Come on man, rejoice in the fact that Uncharted scored well and leave that other crap out of this thread. Both Valve and Bungie are awesome developers and now there is room for Naughty Dog.

Room for? Naughty Dog was up there before Bungie damnit.

slider

Kaako said:

fps fanatic said:
Yeah, I asked the same question a couple of posts back, but emotions are riding high with review scores! :lol

It's the MP demo fellas. Well worth DL'ing if you haven't already.

LaneDS

Zeliard said:
Killzone 2 had a multiplayer component that was supposed to be huge and bigger than its SP - it should have had the legs of something more like Halo, Call of Duty, or Resistance, not a game like MGS4 which was mostly about the single-player experience (and one that doesn't have a great amount of replay value due to the cutscenes).

KZ2 was supposed to be one of the PS3's big multiplayer hits, and 6 months out, it's basically on nobody's radar anymore and doesn't seem to have been for a while. Hopefully it'll see a resurgence after the next big map pack or addition to the game.

I want to see Uncharted 2 become the Halo/Gears for the PS3. I bought into the hype on Killzone 2 and never found it anywhere near as fun as I was expecting, but UC2, with the proper support from ND, could very well be the multiplayer hit Sony needs.

mr_nothin

Banned
I find it REALLY dumb that you cant zoom in/out and control the depth of field while using the camera itself. Its sooo dumb!

Just put zoom on the D-Pad up/down and then map the depth of field to the Dpad's left/right...and then make it where you hit select to toggle depth of field/field of view on the dpad left/right .

That has to be in there!! Also, we need a record button! Ala Fight Night Round 4. I want to be able to make my own self contained movies within the game. So I can sit there and watch them and share the actual "movie" that i created with other ppl, rather than just a file of me running around.

OH! Also!! The camera is twitchy as hell, at least give us change the camera aim sensitivity too!

Am I missing something?? Maybe I'm judging too early. Can you do any of this already?

Cerberus

G4: 5/5

I’m not 100% certain when it happened. I think it’s when I had Nathan Drake atop a building in a war-torn Nepalese city, cornered and being fired upon by a helicopter, engaged in a fist fight with the screen slowly draining of color, snapping my enemy’s neck and quickly rolling into cover to reload my grenade launcher only to turn and fire upon the chopper one last time as I watched it crash and explode. I think this is when I realized that Uncharted 2: Among Thieves was the best single-player game I have ever played.

While the multiplayer components are outstanding, the real price of admission is the single-player campaign that should stand up over time as a seminal achievement on the level of Final Fantasy VII, GTA III or Half-Life. Uncharted 2 delivers on what so many other games just promise: Immersion. Lost not just in a world but in a collective fantasy of the impossible made viable. That 8-year-old me in the movie theater sat yearning for the adult world to be as filled with adventure, discovery and importance as what I saw on screen. Well-situated in my 30s, content with good health and a paycheck, I pine nostalgically for when life still held that pre-adolescent potential. For the hours I played Uncharted 2, those two selves were bridged in a wonderful equanimity, a digital compromise.

Internet Celebrity said:
http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3176267&p=37&sec=REVIEWS

1UP:
A+

Yeah, um, I think my head is about to implode.

sbtpua.jpg

Cerberus said:
I’m not 100% certain when it happened. I think it’s when I had Nathan Drake atop a building in a war-torn Nepalese city, cornered and being fired upon by a helicopter, engaged in a fist fight with the screen slowly draining of color, snapping my enemy’s neck and quickly rolling into cover to reload my grenade launcher only to turn and fire upon the chopper one last time as I watched it crash and explode. I think this is when I realized that Uncharted 2: Among Thieves was the best single-player game I have ever played.
*drowns in semen*

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
1UP review confirms in a mini spoiler that the game has
some kind of supernatural element to it as well
. Not that it wasn't 99.999% obvious considering the first one.

Am I the only one who refuses to download the demo? I played the first demo (that came with inFamous) and then went on a total media blackout on this bad boy. I still haven't seen any gameplay footage other then the E3 presentation.

MercuryLS

Banned
Man, Sony's on a roll with awesome exclusives. LBP, Killzone, Infamous and now Uncharted 2. Still have GOW3, Heavy Rain and (hopefully) The Last Guardian to look forward to next year.

LaneDS

AltogetherAndrews said:
Uh, I hope that
new supernatural element
isn't supposed to be one of the big revelations of the game, or Terry there just fucked up big.

That's definitely the first review I've seen that mentions it. Whoops!

But I'm glad and not really surprised, given the trailers.

Zzoram

Blu_LED said:
Am I the only one who refuses to download the demo? I played the first demo (that came with inFamous) and then went on a total media blackout on this bad boy. I still haven't seen any gameplay footage other then the E3 presentation.

I'm also avoiding all video and the demo. I want my first play through to be an untainted experience.

Chromax

WickedLaharl said:
but there's no guarantee that they won't betray us again!

this is all a ruse to lull us into a false since of trust. come next year they'll just crush our feelings again.

GT5 or God of War 3? =(

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Internet Celebrity said:
*drowns in semen*
That coming from Sessler says a lot imo. Ok, they hype is now going through my head between this baby and SSF4. Amazing time to be a gamer.

Currently at no.6 on the all time highest scores list on metacritic. There's a few 100% reviews come in since the last update so it might climb. There's a few 90's bringing it down :lol

LaneDS

rhino4evr said:
can someone post a list of all the review sites/scores so I can copy/paste/gloat to my PS hating friends? :lol

Off the top of my head

IGN - 9.5
Gamesradar - 10/10
Gamepro - 5/5
G4 - 5/5
Eurogamer - 10/10
1up - A+
OPM - 5/5

That should be enough to suitably brag with.

ACE 1991

Just watched the G4 video review. The Sess stated that Uncharted 2 was "the best single player game he's ever played." Wow.

taoofjord

Wow @ all the great reviews. Not that I didn't expect Uncharted 2 to be amazing but those are even higher than I expected. Can't wait to get my hands on this...

No45 said:
They were Spaniards. Also there was nothing in the game to indicate any other kind of mutation (This isn't RE). And, finally, we* have no reason to believe this same story mechanism is in the second game.

* - I should clarify that I have no reason to believe it's in this game. I'm ignoring all media, so apologies if something like that is in there. I'd take a huge skirmish against a small army over a fight against a random beast/monster any day. See Uncharted, Resistance 1 and Halo for examples. :)

NOWAY. Its gets so old and boring fighting the same cannon fodder the entire game with no climatic boss enemy. Action games like this are tailored for bosses and unique battles to break up the game.

BeeDog

AltogetherAndrews said:
They don't have much material to work with at the moment. Hopefully there will be some negative reviews they can agree with so that everyone can feel at home here.

:lol

Guys, if you see errors in the OP, please PM me. I don't have the time to read through the thread, because I work about 10 hours a day.

Thanks for everyone that's done that so far. :D

Blu_LED said:

Same here. I've played last few games going blank and it's so much fucking fun like old days without internet.

But I'll download the demo because it's MP.

Cerberus

LaneDS said:
That's definitely the first review I've seen that mentions it. Whoops!

But I'm glad and not really surprised, given the trailers.

Actually, IGN's review mentioned it first or at least hinted towards something like it.

YoungHav

Banned
Phantast2k said:
KZ2 has been patched to death (for me at least). Warhawk is PS3's Halo. And Starhawk will be its Halo 2 (or so I hope..).

on topic: downloading the demo. pre-ordered it a while ago.
I agree. KZ2 is a false god.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom