• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
nib95 said:
Don't you bitches insult KZ2's visuals lol. U2 or not, KZ2's are still phenomenal and well ahead of the console curve. Well...ahead of the curve that that's include Uncharted 2 anyway.

But you just wait till KZ3. Watch that blow us away.

With that logic might as well say "wait until you feast your eyes on Halo 10 or Uncharted 6 on the PS5." :lol

Enough with the KZ2 crap, moar on Uncharted 2 please. KZ2 was so last February.

Zeliard

Y2Kev said:
FINISHED!

UC2 :bow
Sully :bow

Is there more Sully later on?

Because I'm on chapter 8 and there hasn't been enough Sully.

And clearly, J.K. Simmons needs to play him in the live-action flick.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Good Uncharted 2 commercial. I'm glad that they're not using CG crap for their commercial like Uncharted 1

Could have used better quotes though.

Epic Tier 3 Engineer said:
PS3 fans are cannibals, I swear. Uncharted 2 will be a piece of shit by the time God of War launches, just you wait. Something about an exploit on the multiplayer or too much shooting in the SP or something.

Won't happen.

But I admit, I bought a PS3 at launch simply for the promise of God of War 3.

Uncharted 1 and 2 simply made me SUPER happy I jumped in early.

A.R.K

nib95 said:
Don't you bitches insult KZ2's visuals lol. U2 or not, KZ2's are still phenomenal and well ahead of the console curve. Well...ahead of the curve that doesn't include Uncharted 2 anyway.

But you just wait till KZ3. Watch that blow us away.

Exactly!!. After playing some more of UC2, I have to say that KZ2 is on par with UC2. No doubt about that. Yes many of you don't like KZ2 visuals because of its dark setting but technically its on par with UC2 or sometimes even better at some things.

So stop this BS about KZ2 looks inferior. Just lookup the old KZ2 thread with the screen shots to get a refresher on how insanely good that game looks minus the rainbow colors.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Too bad Donut Drake can't be played in mutliplayer. It should be a badge of honor skin, with increased hit boxes

Cerberus

ThePeacemaker02 said:
The song during the credits was really awesome. I don't think it's on the soundtrack on itunes though.

It's the last song on the soundtrack. It's called
"The Road to Shambhala"
by Carmen Rizzo.

Manus

Man just finished the part with
where you move the mirrors with all the lights and I have to say it was amazing.
This game easily surpasses the first.

ACE 1991

Just finished the
Train sequence.
All I can say is holy shit, that was one of the most exhilarating experiences I've ever had in a game.

theignoramus said:
Woah,woah, whoah, I'm the train level...talk about pushing the hardware for all that its worth.
Fucking ridiculous graphics.

How far in is the train level?

Because for some random reason, when I first played the game, I thought the 'train' level was the first one for some reason. :lol

2 Minutes Turkish said:
How far in is the train level?

Because for some random reason, when I first played the game, I thought the 'train' level was the first one for some reason. :lol

You mentioned you're at Chapter 4? You've got a ways to go before you hit the train.

theignoramus said:
I dont think KZ2 looks better, but I think 2 minutes Turkish has an axe to grind when it comes to KZ2.

These are all opinions, guys. No need to argue.

That being said, KZ2 is a good looking game but I was never all that impressed with it like many of you were. Certainly didn't seem head and shoulders above other top shooters to me. UC2, on the other hand, is very impressive to me and I often find myself marveling at the graphics. I'm sure style and color have a lot to do with this. It's fresh. KZ2 on the other hand is boring to look at and feels like more of the same, even if there are more filters on it.

Red Blaster said:
You mentioned you're at Chapter 4? You've got a ways to go before you hit the train.

That's not necessarily a bad thing.

All the levels look spectacular right now. I'm in Borneo, and I'm always hearing frogs and birds around me. The DTS is so fucking cool in this game.

Burger

Wouldn't Linear PCM 7.1 be the best sound format, due to the uncompressed nature of it ?

Also like the ability to select dynamic range from within the game, best audio options I've seen in a videogame.

Beowulf28

Just beat the game definitely my GOTY! The ending was hilarious
So from 1 to 10 how scared were that I was going to die? 4. 4!? Whats a 10!? Clowns.
:lol :lol

and now to dive into mp if anyone wants to play with me my PSN is the same as my GAF username.

Beowulf28 said:
So from 1 to 10 how scared were that I was going to die? 4. 4!? Whats a 10!? Clowns.

and now to dive into mp if anyone wants to play with me my PSN is the same as my GAF username.

Adding you right now. You should add yourself to the list which Kilgore set up btw if you havent already. Its in the OP.

Edit: Here is the link: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375557

dfyb

Banned
i beat the game on hard but a lot of singleplyaer stuff in the store is locked -- how do i get access to buy it? like costumes etc

Beowulf28 said:
you guys see the
scare meter
in drake's journal?
"slimey naked guy" :lol

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Kinda.

I just take personal issue with games that don't deserve the hype they receive. So I'm glad that Killzone 2 is now long forgotten, as it should be.
this is hilarious coming from a halo fan

JRW

captscience said:
DTS is the best. Make sure your PS3 is set to Bitstream audio output.

I dont see a bitstream setting? When im in PS3's Audio settings everything is checkmarked except for AAC

ps3%20audio%20settings.jpg

~Kinggi~

Banned
Finally started the game. Am still on the first level in the night area. I can already tell this will be one of the best games ever.

snack

mysticwhip said:
In an IGN special you see fat drake in competitive MP killing people.

Yeah, I remember seeing that IGN special too of I'm not mistaken. Did they change it in the retail or something?

neoism

ThePeacemaker02 said:
The song during the credits was really awesome. I don't think it's on the soundtrack on itunes though.
The Road To Shambhala

Also I just got my first Triple!:D I got overran by three guys and didn't even know I pressed L2 I was surprised!:lol :lol

mysticwhip said:
In an IGN special you see fat drake in competitive MP killing people.

Yes and I'm pretty sure i saw you can play as him when you hit level 50 or something like that (cant remember what the highest level is).

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Milk Lizard said:
Yes and I'm pretty sure i saw you can play as him when you hit level 50 or something like that (cant remember what the highest level is).
IIRC, Level 60 & you need 2 million dollars to unlock it.

In one of the videos, ND showed Drake meleeing an enemy carrying a riot shield. Has anyone been able to kill a riot-shield carrying enemy? Everytime I try to melee them, they just push me with the shield and I lose a ton of health.

Awntawn

iamcool388 said:
In one of the videos, ND showed Drake meleeing an enemy carrying a riot shield. Has anyone been able to kill a riot-shield carrying enemy? Everytime I try to melee them, they just push me with the shield and I lose a ton of health.
You gotta vault over their shield and melee them from behind

wow... so many people at Naughty God deserve a medal... i'm at chapter 17 and i just keep getting those wtf-how-the-flying-fucking-hell-did-they-do-this?-moments. it's a true masterpiece.

the only thing so far that bothered me are Chloes' eyes..

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
iamcool388 said:
There's 2 ways to melee the shield enemy. The easiest way is to just go around him and press square when when you're facing his back. The harder way is to shoot him in the shield till he's laying on his back in the ground, get close, then when the prompt comes out press square to run over the shield and then square again to snap his neck. Be careful when you do the harder method because its very easy to mess up and get wacked with the shield.

Got it today from Play.com (they did well to get it to me today, they are normally pretty slow and it only shipped yesterday - UK), and I am on Chapter 16 now. I love it so much, its just incredible.

The very first thing you do in the game had me gasping at the awesome, that is one of those special moments in games that sticks with you. Just amazing.

mr_nothin

Banned
~Kinggi~ said:
Finally started the game. Am still on the first level in the night area. I can already tell this will be one of the best games ever.
You're in for a treat if you're impressed by that part!
Oh man, get ready for it!

Animator

Holy fuck the credits song owns.

I am still high from the end game. I havent had this feeling since I was a kid and watched raiders of the lost ark.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Guy above you, Guy above you!

Guy below you, Guy below you!

:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom