• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 multiplayer screens (and trailer!)

h3ro

00011000 said:
I know... that was silly, but I didn't think people would be doubting its legitimacy.

:lol

I'm gonna restart the game and watch carefully just for you later on tonight.

Banned
h3ro said:
:lol

I'm gonna restart the game and watch carefully just for you later on tonight.

no need.

20090428-xw356239es3yp63yag7jw688c.jpg

20090428-mxutithcymutirriuryhjcpc1u.jpg

believe me now? nobody else notice this at all? :lol

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
00011000 said:

my guess is they need permission from Sony Electronic for that but didn't get it, that why they removed Sony logo on the camera from the game .

IIRC when Sony Pictures wanted to use Shadow of the Colossus in Adam Sandler's movie they asked SCEJ for that and waited weeks without doing anything until they got the green light .

h3ro

00011000 said:
no need.

*pics of the truf*

believe me now? nobody else notice this at all? :lol

Man, for your sake, I hope Chloe doesn't carry one of these in the MP Beta:

55519.jpg

Which magically turns into one of these in the retail game:

05426_DisposableCamera_CP_med.jpg

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
Apologies and free Uncharted PS3 bundle are in order for this man.

no need for apologies really, I made the stupid mistake of posting two different sides of the camera in the thread I made before.

The fact they couldn't get clearance to use the Sony name in a SCE game shows what a lumbering behemoth of a company Sony is!

It would be brilliant to have loads of Sony equipment in their 1st party games. I know It would be kinda preaching to the converted, but it would help increase brand awareness, and contribute to unifying the brand for sure- amongst gamers at least. Also adds more believability to the worlds that are created. This is definitely something Sony aren't taking advantage of, seeing as how they have so many 1st-party studios.

I bet many more casual gamers don't even know the difference between 1st-party, 3rd party, is this something that SCEI don't want the average gamer differentiating? I personally don't think so.

Apple have their equipment all over Hollywood movies, and on TV, I see the 360 way more than the PS3. Do it Sony! Get your shit in your games. Starting with Uncharted 2! :lol

Loudninja

I hope the location of some of the weapons change each time you play ,I don't want people making a made dash for the most powerful weapons ;)

JoJo13

Banned
NAUGHTY DOG, IF YOU'RE READING ---

MULTIPLAYER MAPS WHERE YOU CAN CHANGE THE LIGHTING SETTINGS (DAY, NIGHT, ETC, MAYBE EVEN WEATHER).

pls. thx.

bai.

____

Ballistictiger said:
This is Uncharted as long as we have our handy 92FS 9mm semi automatic pistol we're fine.

Basically. It's the most reliable weapon in the game and kills dudes faster in Crushing than a fucking assault rifle. :lol

____ said:
Basically. It's the most reliable weapon in the game and kills dudes faster in Crushing than a fucking assault rifle. :lol
Yeah it's the "Halo 1 Pistol" of Uncharted :lol Best weapon in the game also.

Norml

JoJo13 said:
NAUGHTY DOG, IF YOU'RE READING ---

MULTIPLAYER MAPS WHERE YOU CAN CHANGE THE LIGHTING SETTINGS (DAY, NIGHT, ETC, MAYBE EVEN WEATHER).

pls. thx.

bai.

Yeah, I would love that to be in the game.

00011000 said:
no need.

http://img.skitch.com/20090428-xw356239es3yp63yag7jw688c.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img.skitch.com/20090428-mxutithcymutirriuryhjcpc1u.jpg[IMG]

believe me now? nobody else notice this at all? :lol[/QUOTE]

I always thought it was dumb that they didn't keep it a Sony camera. Columbia Pictures certainly has no problems loading up their films with Sony product placement.

____

Ballistictiger said:
Yeah it's the "Halo 1 Pistol" of Uncharted :lol Best weapon in the game also.

:lol I can't believe its reliability.

Loudninja said:
Its easier to get head shots with the pistols :p

True, but in no way, shape or form should it take 2 and a half clips from an AK-47 to down an enemy when it only takes 3-4 shots from the pistol. Body regions, I mean.

Shawsie64

Banned
____ said:
:lol I can't believe its reliability.

True, but in no way, shape or form should it take 2 and a half clips from an AK-47 to down an enemy when it only takes 3-4 shots from the pistol. Body regions, I mean.

for me it was the inaccuracy of the assault rifles.. i didnt use them the whole game pretty much

____

Ballistictiger said:
I know they made the Assault rifles weaker for balanced gameplay. It would be too easy if the enemy dropped in 3-4 body shots with rifles.

Well, that's understandable but it made the game frustrating. I KNOW I'm connecting these shots, but the fuckers are just absorbing bullets. Same with the shotgun. It took more than one shot from close range to take a guy down. I'm not sure if it's ALWAYS like that, but I just made sure my pistol was fully stocked :lol

Shawsie64 said:
for me it was the inaccuracy of the assault rifles.. i didnt use them the whole game pretty much

That too. But all of what I'm speaking on is my experience during Crushing. I can't really remember how good/bad they were during other modes.

AltogetherAndrews said:
Yet, remarkably, the best is still shit. I don't want to ever see a sixaxis function in a non-non-game again.
Or a non-non-non-non-game?

You can comfort yourself by thinking you will at least never see a Wii-Uncharted.

ND should at least reduce the recoil a bit I agree with that and take at least 1-2 less shots to kill rather then having 6-8 shots to kill.

AKS

Ballistictiger said:
ND should at least reduce the recoil a bit I agree with that and take at least 1-2 less shots to kill rather then having 6-8 shots to kill.

Power up the rifles more and people will complain they are overpowered or the pistol is too weak. I liked it the way it was in Uncharted. I didn't have any problems getting kills with any of the weapons.

AKS said:
Power up the rifles more and people will complain they are overpowered or the pistol is too weak. I liked it the way it was in Uncharted. I didn't have any problems getting kills with any of the weapons.
Me neither but a lot of people think it's broken. To me Assault Rifles are secondary I only use it after I ran out of pistol ammo. It would be pretty nice if recoil is dropped a bit though.

Just a tad bit.

Shawsie64

Banned
AKS said:

Yeah ill be happy with anything really, i can adapt! haha. I cant wait till it comes out, Uncharted was such a surprise for me and i love it to bits :D

TheExodu5

Banned
It didn't take more shots with an Assault Rifle to kill than it did with the pistol. The problem was, while enemies were in their recovery animation from being hit, they didn't get hit by any of the subsequent assault rifle shots.

Try taking the shots at very distant intervals, and you'll see it only takes 3-4 hits.

Hopefully it's fixed in Uncharted 2.

Jtrizzy

Yeah seeing through walls? That sounds shitty. Unrealistic shit like that shouldn't be in uncharted, unless we're talking thermal vision or some shit.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Jtrizzy said:
Yeah seeing through walls? That sounds shitty. Unrealistic shit like that shouldn't be in uncharted, unless we're talking thermal vision or some shit.
This is kind of ironic; weren't you one of the few who were posting a few days ago that it wasn't our right to decide what does fit in an Uncharted game and what doesn't?

mr_nothin

Banned
Rez said:
This is kind of ironic; weren't you one of the few who were posting a few days ago that it wasn't our right to decide what does fit in an Uncharted game and what doesn't?
Double Standards rule

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
It didn't take more shots with an Assault Rifle to kill than it did with the pistol. The problem was, while enemies were in their recovery animation from being hit, they didn't get hit by any of the subsequent assault rifle shots.

Try taking the shots at very distant intervals, and you'll see it only takes 3-4 hits.

Hopefully it's fixed in Uncharted 2.

I can't find the interview now, but I remember someone from ND addressing this issue directly and stating that this was a problem in early demonstrations only, but was fixed later on.

Jtrizzy

Rez said:

Not that I know of, and if you're going to call someone out like that, you should provide some evidence. I was telling people to stop arguing whether MP/Co op should be included in the game or not, after it was announced.

Dizzan said:
Everything should be realistic!!!!.!!

just like those monster things in U1

Yeah well Drake isn't fucking Superman with x ray vision is he? Granted I haven't seen it in action, but just the idea sounds cheap, especially in competitive mp game.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Jtrizzy said:
Not that I know of, and if you're going to call someone out like that, you should provide some evidence. I was telling people to stop arguing whether MP/Co op should be included in the game or not.

Yeah well Drake isn't fucking Superman with x ray vision is he? Granted I haven't seen it in action, but just the idea sounds cheap in competitive mp game.

:lol I do agree with you, I was just taking the piss.
To be honest, I wish the stupid monsters weren't in the first game.

Jtrizzy

The only way I could see something like that fitting with the Uncharted universe would be if the perk in essence gave you thermal or night vision goggles, which would have to be balanced as well. If that is the case they need to show them on the character.

I don't want to be taking cover and have some guy see me who otherwise wouldn't have because of some stupid perk.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Jtrizzy said:
The only way I could see something like that fitting with the Uncharted universe would be if the perk in essence gave you thermal or night vision goggles, which would have to be balanced as well. If that is the case they need to show them on the character.

I don't want to be taking cover and have some guy see me who otherwise wouldn't have because of some stupid perk.

Maybe it's part of the SP game aswell.

Anyway, Ive given my opinion on perks and they shouldn't reward players for investing hundreds of hours in a game. It only throws the game out of balance...

arne

Jtrizzy said:

have you played our game?

mmm, yeah, didn't think so. so it's pretty likely you have no idea how any of the boosters work. yep.

nevermind we created the uncharted universe, so how do you know what fits and what doesn't?

mr_nothin

Banned
Jtrizzy said:
Not that I know of, and if you're going to call someone out like that, you should provide some evidence. I was telling people to stop arguing whether MP/Co op should be included in the game or not, after it was announced.

Yeah well Drake isn't fucking Superman with x ray vision is he? Granted I haven't seen it in action, but just the idea sounds cheap, especially in competitive mp game.
Well...Drake isn't a real person either. He's a character in a videogame who obeys the laws of the developers. This is multiplayer anyways...since when do you have to follow the rules of SP in MP?

Jtrizzy

arne said:
have you played our game?

mmm, yeah, didn't think so. so it's pretty likely you have no idea how any of the boosters work. yep.

nevermind we created the uncharted universe, so how do you know what fits and what doesn't?

I bought the original day one and beat it ten times. I also just ordered it on Gamefly so I can get the trophies. Go check the official thread. Also, I'm just giving my opinion, no need to attack me for that. I also noted that I hadn't seen it in action yet, but the idea that you can see someone through walls, especially in a competitive multi player game sounds anti competitive.

The only way it would make sense is if he has some kind of high tech gadget like night/thermal vision.

Top Bottom