• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 multiplayer screens (and trailer!)

Lince

Banned
I'm a fan of perks, they keep the game fun and diverse switching and trying to find the best ones for a given situation... that said, as long as they are not game-breaking abilities such as boosting/double armor in Killzone 2.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Jtrizzy said:
I bought the original day one and beat it ten times. I also just ordered it on Gamefly so I can get the trophies. Go check the official thread. Also, I'm just giving my opinion, no need to attack me for that. I also noted that I hadn't seen it in action yet, but the idea that you can see someone through walls, especially in a competitive multi player game sounds anti competitive.

It really depends on how it is implemented. You can see through walls in Metal Gear Online, and yet it was implemented in a way (u need to toss a special grenade) that it doesn't break the game at all.

deepbrown

TTP said:
It really depends on how it is implemented. You can see through walls in Metal Gear Online, and yet it was implemented in a way (u need to toss a special grenade) that it doesn't break the game at all.
Yep, was great fun.

Jtrizzy

Yeah. I never got into MGO (the beta experience killed me), but I could see how that could work. Throw a grenade that leaves some sort of radioactive signature on the enemy that can be seen with someone with some kind of goggles that can pick up on that.

Lince

Banned
TTP said:

it would be awesome to have black crows flying in circles or landing where an enemy is hiding, no need for thermal/X-rays and it suits the Uncharted theme I think.

edit: I think I need more sleep, that was a stupid idea.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Lince said:
it would be awesome to have black crows flying in circles or landing where an enemy is hiding, no need for thermal/X-rays and it suits the Uncharted theme I think.

That's actually pretty awesome. Maybe not a swarm but just the one.

deepbrown

Lince said:

That kind of introduces supernatural elements..

DoomGyver

If there is going to be a perk to "see through walls" there should be a perk that counters that by making you undetectable via "see through walls" perk.

ex. UAV jammer

Lince

Banned
deepbrown said:
That kind of introduces supernatural elements..

I was thinking of placing crow bait instead of planting C4 like every other game, then if some enemy comes close where the crows are they start to agitate, giving away the position, it could work for 4v4 - 3v3 stealth modes or something, just a random thought but I said it was stupid because with grenade launchers going ablaze in the game I don't think crows would be happily stay there as nothing happened.

Jtrizzy

Full Recovery said:
If there is going to be a perk to "see through walls" there should be a perk that counters that by making you undetectable via "see through walls" perk.

ex. UAV jammer

Right, that would have to be in there to counter balance. It just seems cheap to me as a perk in any mp game especially one with a cover system. I totally get added aim or health and other perks.

Having radar in multi player where you can see where the enemy is located is already unrealistic, so no need to make it any easier for people.

DoomGyver

Gears of War 1 did fine with no perks, radar, or respawn. Epic just focused on weapon balance and placement.

But who knows, a well developed perk system could make the multiplayer meaty.

Tomcat

Full Recovery said:
Gears of War 1 did fine with no perks, radar, or respawn. Epic just focused on weapon balance and placement.

yes that and the almighty shotgun.

Jtrizzy

Shotguns and rocket launchers are the new tubes it seems like. I don't have a problem with shotguns, just when they have too much range. RPG's (KZ2) are just garbage and take no skill to use.

mr_nothin

Banned
Jtrizzy said:
I bought the original day one and beat it ten times. I also just ordered it on Gamefly so I can get the trophies. Go check the official thread. Also, I'm just giving my opinion, no need to attack me for that. I also noted that I hadn't seen it in action yet, but the idea that you can see someone through walls, especially in a competitive multi player game sounds anti competitive.

The only way it would make sense is if he has some kind of high tech gadget like night/thermal vision.
He's not attacking you. He's telling you to stop jumping to conclusions w/o playing the game and since he's working on it...i'd say you'd be better off listening to him instead of coming up with your own conclusions. You're overreacting and he's trying to calm you down.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know how much you know about Uncharted (I'm an expert)

I'm just being an ass ;)

mr_nothin said:
He's not attacking you. He's telling you to stop jumping to conclusions w/o playing the game and since he's working on it...i'd say you'd be better off listening to him instead of coming up with your own conclusions. You're overreacting and he's trying to calm you down.

The original post seemed reasonable. It's Arne that's coming across as the snotty punk, in that situation.

JoJo13 said:
NAUGHTY DOG, IF YOU'RE READING ---

MULTIPLAYER MAPS WHERE YOU CAN CHANGE THE LIGHTING SETTINGS (DAY, NIGHT, ETC, MAYBE EVEN WEATHER).

pls. thx.

bai.

I'm trying to think of a multiplayer game that implemented this, but I don't think it was a FPS I'm thinking of. Mechwarrior 4 maybe? It's been awhile since I played it.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Bearillusion said:
Can't wait to play this. I'm sick of 30 vs 30 and the like becoming the norm as though bigger is better.

ND. Please, no tearing.

Yeah 5 vs 5 seems perfect. Nice and quick, depending on the amount of exploration. I think no respawn would be perfectly suited to this situation

JB1981

Bearillusion said:
Can't wait to play this. I'm sick of 30 vs 30 and the like becoming the norm as though bigger is better.

ND. Please, no tearing.

Agreed. 4x4 or 5x5 is great. Gears of War 2 gets the player count right but I think it negates this by placing too many "power" weapons on certain maps. But yes, in general, I completely agree with you. Smaller teams is always more manageable and more fun.

Shurs

mr_nothin said:
And 1 guy taking out a whole army of Pirates with a handgun.

And the guy has health that magically regenerates after a few seconds of not being shot. Uncharted is not a war simulator, it's a game.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dizzan said:
That's actually pretty awesome. Maybe not a swarm but just the one.
In MGS3 when you fight against The End you can found his parrot very close to him (He even asks to the parrot to shut up)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Fersis said:
In MGS3 when you fight against The End you can found his parrot very close to him (He even asks to the parrot to shut up)
I always kill and eat the parrot. It makes things harder but it's really satisfying.

Loudninja

JB1981 said:
Agreed. 4x4 or 5x5 is great. Gears of War 2 gets the player count right but I think it negates this by placing too many "power" weapons on certain maps. But yes, in general, I completely agree with you. Smaller teams is always more manageable and more fun.

I enjoy all types, ,actually i have more fun in big games.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Loudninja said:
I enjoy all types,actually i have more fun in big games than smaller.

It's a different kind of fun. Many people complain about smaller games (as well as no respawn ones) with the "boring" argument but I actually find them the most exciting due to the sneaking element they bring to the table. I also love the tension that comes with it.

Also, the smaller the game, the more your kills count. Which is something that pleases my ego.

Shurs

TTP said:
It's a different kind of fun. Many people complain about smaller games (as well as no respawn ones) with the "boring" argument but I actually find them the most exciting due to the sneaking element they bring to the table. I also love the tension that comes with it.

Also, the smaller the game, the more your kills count. Which is something that pleases my ego.

This. Hardcore/No Respawn modes are my favorite. When I played COD4, Hardcore Search and Destroy was all I'd play.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Rocket launchers should be weapons you find on the map, not load out with.

the Rockets in KZ2 are game breaking srsly. Ruins matches, i try to fight sessions were host bans Rockets.

gregor7777 said:
I'm trying to think of a multiplayer game that implemented this, but I don't think it was a FPS I'm thinking of. Mechwarrior 4 maybe? It's been awhile since I played it.

GTA4 maybe? Pretty sure could alter the environment online...

Firewire

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:
Rocket launchers should be weapons you find on the map, not load out with.

the Rockets in KZ2 are game breaking srsly. Ruins matches, i try to fight sessions were host bans Rockets.

I've played allot of games with randoms lately and although the rockets are allowed not allot of people seem to be using them. In the three matches I played last night I only died once from a rocket.

I guess its just a luck of the draw type of thing, some people use them to death and others just don't bother I guess. Personally I hope the people that tend to use them allot are getting sick of them.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
h3ro said:
Man, for your sake, I hope Chloe doesn't carry one of these in the MP Beta:

55519.jpg

Hey, that's my camera. But I'll still keep an eye out for it. ;)

McLovin

Full Recovery said:

Well.. in a way host power was a perk.. I remember some friends of mine refused to play with me unless they hosted. They still got their asses handed to them though :lol

Jtrizzy

mr_nothin said:

Maybe not an attack, but he accused me of never playing the original, which is stupid. Although he didn't work for ND when the original was released, so I guess he wouldn't remember that I was one of the more vehement supporters of ND/Uncharted in the official thread and in every thread leading up to the game. Hell, I was one of the nerds making avatars and taking screen caps from trailers.

Not to mention that I thoroughly prefaced my statement, which was apparently disregarded.

Anyway, I just don't want to see a cheesy perk like Martyrdom included in this game, which incidentally is my most anticipated title just as the first one was.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Jtrizzy said:
Maybe not an attack, but he accused me of never playing the original, which is stupid. Although he didn't work for ND when the original was released, so I guess he wouldn't remember that I was one of the more vehement supporters of ND/Uncharted in the official thread and in every thread leading up to the game. Hell, I was one of the nerds making avatars and taking screen caps from trailers.

Not to mention that I thoroughly prefaced my statement, which was apparently disregarded.

Anyway, I just don't want to see a cheesy perk like Martyrdom included in this game, which incidentally is my most anticipated title just as the first one was.
mhmhmh i think he meant that you didnt play Uncharted 2....

Top Bottom