• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 multiplayer screens (and trailer!)

JCreasy said:
Hey where is this from??

15ed3jp.jpg
O_________O

I can't.... can't..... believe... how good it looks! Look at the hair! OMFG! They are doing it again! NAUGHTY GOD :bow

54-46!

I'm getting really excited for the MP now that I've been playing Uncharted a ton (80% on my Crushing run now), the gunplay and movement feels very nice and it has the potential to be great online because it plays alot better than most third person shooters (ie Gears) out there imho.

I just hope that they'll tweak the cover/roll mechanic, because I find myself jumpin on to cover when I wanted to roll and so on. Another fear that I have is how much damage the weapons will deal etc.

WinFonda

SolidSnakex said:
The style looks different. Here's what Drake looked like in the first U2 trailer

2yno2mg.png

Now:

15ed3jp.jpg
First pic definitely looks more like cartoony Drake from Uncharted 1. Which makes sense, since U2 was still early in development at the time. Second pic almost looks like a whole generational leap ahead. The pic is kind of small to make anything out... doesn't look like a drastic art style change so much as it is a massive detail addition.

thaOwner

WinFonda said:
First pic definitely looks more like cartoony Drake from Uncharted 1. Which makes sense, since U2 was still early in development at the time. Second pic almost looks like a whole generational leap ahead. The pic is kind of small to make anything out... doesn't look like a drastic art style change so much as it is a massive detail addition.
You know, the second kinda looks like the guy in your avatar without a mustache.

ashism

So does gamestop hand you a voucher for the infamous/uc2 preorder, or do you get it in the first print of your game?

Cruzader

Banned
I hope someone can hook me up with an extra Uncharted2 beta code from Qore/Infamous. Those ppls we are helping with the demo better come through.:D

Thing is, Im hoping day1 buy but I have to pay up alot crap this month but If I do get it, then Ill give mine away. Dont disappoint me guys.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
ashism said:
So does gamestop hand you a voucher for the infamous/uc2 preorder, or do you get it in the first print of your game?
It is in the box in the first print of the game. If you buy at launch you will get the beta code, no matter where you bought it from.

arne said:
i'm on a plane but that image is a still from one of our cutscenes. so its in game alright
Awesome. Does this mean that there is now a different model for Nate in cutscenes or have we just not seen recent enough footage to have seen the new in-game model?

arne said:
i'm on a plane but that image is a still from one of our cutscenes. so its in game alright
Awesome. Is it using the same model for both cutscenes and gameplay? I know the developers said Uncharted 1 did.
He sure looks more like an everyman with that hair.

nib95

Banned
RoboPlato said:
Awesome. Does this mean that there is now a different model for Nate in cutscenes or have we just not seen recent enough footage to have seen the new in-game model?

This is my question also!

For Uncharted fans that missed this OLD interview.

Patrick: The characters in Uncharted are some of the most impressive video game models to date. They look even more impressive up close in the cutscenes. Are the in-game models any different from the cutscene models?

Richard: Thanks! Nope, the in game models are the exact same models that are used in the cutscenes. They also use the exact same textures. There really is no difference between them at all.

The only difference between the cutscenes and in game is a little higher quality lighting and shadowing. Hopefully not too noticeably different. We really wanted to keep the players immersed as much as possible. This meant using the same assets across the board.

http://www.ripten.com/2008/01/17/ri...iew-part-1-background-and-character-creation/

I'm hoping the sequel will do the same.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Ballistictiger said:
For Uncharted fans that missed this OLD interview.

Patrick: The characters in Uncharted are some of the most impressive video game models to date. They look even more impressive up close in the cutscenes. Are the in-game models any different from the cutscene models?

Richard: Thanks! Nope, the in game models are the exact same models that are used in the cutscenes. They also use the exact same textures. There really is no difference between them at all.

The only difference between the cutscenes and in game is a little higher quality lighting and shadowing. Hopefully not too noticeably different. We really wanted to keep the players immersed as much as possible. This meant using the same assets across the board.

http://www.ripten.com/2008/01/17/ri...iew-part-1-background-and-character-creation/

I'm hoping the sequel will do the same.

Awesome. That pic definately benefits from the advanced lighting/shadowing but it is the texture work and HAIR that is amazing..

Read the whole part 1-3 interview it's very interesting if you're an Uncharted fan.
It has some hints of what might be in the sequel even though this is an old interview.

Dizzan

MINI Member
SolidSnakex said:
It also looks like the fixed his facial hair. Before it kind of looked like he had dirt on his face.

yeah everything looks more realistic now. I want that pic in HD!

Banned
thaOwner said:
Its like, for every single good thing they do, they manage to somehow fuck up somewhere. Another example would be
the Killzone 2 launch and the shitty unstable website. The game was very well received but the killzone site was technically
a dud for about a month after the game launched.

EDIT: Anyway, I can't wait for my code.

I don't see how letting more people into the beta is a bad thing.

Binabik15

I think part of his strange appearance is his hair. It looks brown in that pic and he needs to gel it up again :lol

I´m sure ND knows what they´re doing with sexy Drake.

Top Bottom