• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 multiplayer screens (and trailer!)

I don't mind a perk system since it seems purchasing or upgrading them is done by using points of some sort which is accumulated from all modes.

I just hope that they're limited by a bar that you need to build (like R2) or have a set time and number of uses per round (KZ2).

arne

Jtrizzy said:
Maybe not an attack, but he accused me of never playing the original, which is stupid. Although he didn't work for ND when the original was released, so I guess he wouldn't remember that I was one of the more vehement supporters of ND/Uncharted in the official thread and in every thread leading up to the game. Hell, I was one of the nerds making avatars and taking screen caps from trailers.

Not to mention that I thoroughly prefaced my statement, which was apparently disregarded.

Anyway, I just don't want to see a cheesy perk like Martyrdom included in this game, which incidentally is my most anticipated title just as the first one was.

Yeah, it was late, so my sassy reply didn't come our right, so apologies about that.

I was trying to get at that you hadn't played Uncharted 2 and were jumping to conclusions of what our boosters were going to be like or how the balance was without seeing it in action. I mean, the argument against was based on a couple sentences of description and nothing else. And it also insinuated that boosters would be added for function rather than balance.

Arne anything to report on the vsync? I LOVE Uncharted and the only flaw it has was the tearing. I would just like to know that it won't be worse ( more frequent) in Uncharted 2. I won't tell anyone.

Jtrizzy

arne said:
Yeah, it was late, so my sassy reply didn't come our right, so apologies about that.

I was trying to get at that you hadn't played Uncharted 2 and were jumping to conclusions of what our boosters were going to be like or how the balance was without seeing it in action. I mean, the argument against was based on a couple sentences of description and nothing else. And it also insinuated that boosters would be added for function rather than balance.

Yeah my bad too. It was past my bed time and this is also my second favorite game other than the MGS series, so I get really into the discussions on it.

Also, you are correct that it was just something the journalist saw on a pause screen or something. I can't wait for the beta, hopefully it will make sense when it's explained further.

Are the boosts/perks something that you guys are talking about, or was that just the guy hit pause and we'll have to here about that later?

I don't think the engine is created with split screen in mind. It would be pretty cool but I don't want Uncharted 2 Multi to take a hit in graphics for split screen.

I hate 4:3 ratios for split screens.

Thrakier

Ballistictiger said:
I don't think the engine is created with split screen in mind. It would be pretty cool but I don't want Uncharted 2 Multi to take a hit in graphics for split screen.

I hate 4:3 ratios for split screens.

Which splitscreen game this gen has a 4:3 ratio?

Kittonwy

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
Awww what the hell?

It's up to three players, co-op is a different campaign basically, it doesn't make sense for splitscreen, plus their engine probably isn't designed for that. The game already has SP, MP AND co-op that is designed specifically FOR co-op, and there are still people here who aren't satisfied, go figure.
Indifferent2.gif

McLovin

Kittonwy said:
It's up to three players, co-op is a different campaign basically, it doesn't make sense for splitscreen, plus their engine probably isn't designed for that. The game already has SP, MP AND co-op that is designed specifically FOR co-op, and there are still people here who aren't satisfied, go figure.
Indifferent2.gif
Its like killzone 2 all over again.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Jtrizzy said:
Oh shit. My bad. I totally took it the other way.
Dont worry, arne is a cool cat he surely understand it.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
As far as split-screen goes, to be fair, for a lot of people (meaning the large percentage of the people out there who's consoles aren't connected to the internet) split-screen is the only way to play multiplayer games.

I don't expect ND to waste their resources on trying to brute-force something out their engine that it was never supposed to do, but it is a bit of a shame.

mr_nothin

Banned
Rez said:
As far as split-screen goes, to be fair, for a lot of people (meaning the large percentage of the people out there who's consoles aren't connected to the internet) split-screen is the only way to play multiplayer games.

I don't expect ND to waste their resources on trying to brute-force something out their engine that it was never supposed to do, but it is a bit of a shame.
I miss Split-Screen multiplayer :(
Just about every game had it last gen. (even 4 player splitscreen)
I thought we could at least expect 2 player split screen. Some of my funnest gaming moments were in split screen. TimeSplitters 2 four player split screen was amazing.\
I miss that :(

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
mr_nothin said:
I miss Split-Screen multiplayer :(
Just about every game had it last gen. (even 4 player splitscreen)
I thought we could at least expect 2 player split screen. Some of my funnest gaming moments were in split screen. TimeSplitters 2 four player split screen was amazing.\
I miss that :(
Yeah, some of the most fun I've had playing games this gen has been in split-screen mode.

Playing RE5 with a mate who absolutely sucks at games was one of the most funny and memorable things I've done it a while, from a gaming perspective.

Similarly, the split screen mode in COD4, as gimped as it was, still managed to extend the life of it for me and a couple of my friends, hugely.

While listening to IGN's Podcast Beyond, they mentioned playing an Uncharted 2 MP drinking game with the ND people... here it is:

10 guys play a qualifying round to decide best to worst. Best is No. 1, worst is No. 10. The worst person has to be killed 11 times before he drinks. The guy who is No. 1 need to be killed only twice... then he's gotta take a shot/drink.

Also on the Podcast...

IGN: What do you think about Uncharted 2?
Sam Bishop: FUCKING AWESOME!!
Jeff Rubenstien: You know I love it!! (Also says Uncharted 2 feels much more 'mobile' than RE5, which he's been playing a lot.)
Brian Keltner: I am LOOOOVING it!!

They arent completely sold on the competitive, but they go ga-ga over the co-op... They say its chaotic, enemies come from all around you, constant movement, it feels totally like Uncharted. They also think that once the game comes out, people will learn the map and get amazingly good at it in the competitive mode... Also, there are things like climbing and jumping from ledge to roof to road etc, which will make it different.

deepbrown

iamcool388 said:
While listening to IGN's Podcast Beyond, they mentioned playing an Uncharted 2 MP drinking game with the ND people... here it is:

10 guys play a qualifying round to decide best to worst. Best is No. 1, worst is No. 10. The worst person has to be killed 11 times before he drinks. The guy who is No. 1 need to be killed only twice... then he's gotta take a shot/drink.

Also on the Podcast...

Jeff Rubenstien: You know I love it!! (Also says Uncharted 2 feels much more 'mobile' than RE5, which he's been playing a lot.)

They arent completely sold on the competitive, but they go ga-ga over the co-op... They say its chaotic, enemies come from all around you, constant movement, it feels totally like Uncharted. They also think that once the game comes out, people will learn the map and get amazingly good at it in the competitive mode... Also, there are things like climbing and jumping from ledge to roof to road etc, which will make it different.

Sounds like they're drunk.

Facism

I hate preordering from Play as they never deliver my goods on time, always the monday or tuesday after release.

But damn i want that beta :D

Cagen

I've never had a problem with play and 9 times out of 10 I get the game the day before release. Pre-ordered Infamous and eagerly awaiting my beta code.

Kittonwy

Banned
iamcool388 said:

Also on the Podcast...

Awesome-wowsome.
gladtomeetya.gif

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
So, do we know whether Australia is getting the beta codes with Infamous or not? I'm buying Infamous anyway, but it would be nice to get the beta code as well.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Rez said:
So, do we know whether Australia is getting the beta codes with Infamous or not? I'm buying Infamous anyway, but it would be nice to get the beta code as well.

arne hasn't got back to us but he said he would look into it. I'm in the same boat as you. Buying Infamous but hoping for the Beta aswell.

Can't wait for this game.

Uncharted is in my top 3 of this gen, and the second just looks soooooooo good.

Is Australia going to even get into this beta?

I was gona buy inFamous anyway (much like Crackdown) but this is just icing.

I can't wait to play this.

Here's a background that I made that you can mix with the original Uncharted theme, and it looks cool if anyone is interested: http://i40.tinypic.com/4u8cvb.png

2ey9h84.jpg

(Sorry, my camera is crappy)

720p only at the moment. If any 1080p people are interested I'd be glad to make one for them.

I should also mention that you will probably have to mess around with the scaling a little bit to get it to look right. I basically have mine at "150%" and aligned in the upper left hand corner.

Didn't mean to derail the thread.

Panajev2001a said:
Who said that?

Nobody who would be in a position to know that for sure...

People are worried that such a thing might have happened and you are leaping ahead of the pack pushing the background noise from "I hope SP has not suffered" to "people are confirming SP was watered down to get MP running".

Is this a race to the wildest Uncharted 2 F.U.D. of some sort and I missed the start bell? Uhm... it might be a race... after-all I see Iapetus, Dragona, and other mods just waiting with checkered flags on one hand (and baseball bats/bansticks behind their backs) to salute the winners with...

Holy shit -- like 8 people jumped down my throat and I was being completely sarcastic. You should have seen the look of scorn on my face as I typed that.

thaOwner

Dibbz

Does anyone know ifany retailers will be getting Uncharted 2 MP Beta codes with inFamous in the UK, or is it still exclusive to play.com?

Top Bottom