• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 world premiere at Spike VGAs

De-mon said:
capture10iq2.jpg

capture8vr9.jpg

capture7kb9.jpg

capture6gm2.jpg

capture5cl8.jpg

capture4yc0.jpg

capture2yo2.jpg

capture1if9.jpg

capture9nv6.jpg

For the new page.

KZ2 and now Uncharted 2...Best looking games I have ever seen.
Absolutely ridiculous

andycapps said:
I keep on shaking my head here at work about those pictures... these are scans, right? Meaning they won't be up long?...
If they're scans they're the cleanest scans I've ever seen.

I don't think they're scans though.

I honestly was so blown away by parts of Gears 2 and MGS 4 this year...but this game...Its just not fair
to everyone else it doesn't seem possible.

AndyD

aka andydumi
They are just perfect. No aliasing, beautiful shadows, amazing textures... likely no loading. This is the way games are supposed to be.

Aginor

Neo Member
Wow just wow so many ready to troll and bring down anything for PS3 its actually becoming a pain to come to these board we get a sneaky peak of one of the big PS3 games to come and all i see is people coming in to troll and add nothing to the OP and its not just this thread its is nearly every one on the board seriously did sony bumfuck you all as kids or something ?

Aginor said:
Wow just wow so many ready to troll and bring down anything for PS3 its actually becoming a pain to come to these board we get a sneaky peak of one of the big PS3 games to come and all i see is people coming in to troll and add nothing to the OP and its not just this thread seriosuly did sony bumfuck you all as kids or something ?

what did u expect?
if it's ps3 exclusive it's gonna get bashed, i mean this is gaf

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Wow man, those images look really unbelievable. ND people are technical artists in the truest sense of the word.

I really wish more developers were like that, not just on PS3, but in general. Of course, they are not the only ones, Epic with Gears, Ueda's team, Guerilla as of KZ2 at least, etc. but I just wish there were more of them.

Creamy said:
begin eating gaf.

Those screens are amazing.
To be fair, I can't think of anyone here who really vocally doubted this game's visuals.

Aginor

Neo Member
But it is becoming tiresome really tiresome some proper playground shit , my dad is bigger than your dad crap , i mean many moons ago when folk could only by one gaming machine system wars made sense they had a place but nowadays with multi platform ownership and titles it is not an issue

Niks

Its all doom and gloom for Sony in these forums and then BAM these come up!
:D

Best character model ever!
The half-tuck returns!!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
luca_29_bg said:
Arne only one question please....water will be geometric right ? Like that in resistance 2 right ?

Please tell me yes....
Water was already geometric in one particular Jet-Ski level in Uncharted. Not only geometric, but the waves and the current realistically affected your JetsSki even.

Angst

Aginor said:
Wow just wow so many ready to troll and bring down anything for PS3 its actually becoming a pain to come to these board we get a sneaky peak of one of the big PS3 games to come and all i see is people coming in to troll and add nothing to the OP and its not just this thread its is nearly every one on the board seriously did sony bumfuck you all as kids or something ?

Are we reading the same thread? Maybe there's something wrong with your HOSTS file and you're actually reading the same thread over at gamefaqs?

I haven't seen any obvious trolling or bashing in this thread. Most people are rightly impressed with the shots and say that they can't wait to play the game.

And again:

Yes this looks really, really good! ND is turning out to be one of the top developers this gen.

Damn, Naughty Dog really is impressive! Great developer skills!

To take one of the best looking games this gen and improve it this much...awesome.

alr1ghtstart said:
Hotel El Dorado. O_O

This =D That made me smile. I hope it's full of little injokes and references to the previous game.

I want this so bad. This has inspired me to play though Uncharted AGAIN. I don't think I've ever played one game through so much. It's like they managed to make the best damn movie licenced game ever, and they didn't even need a licence. Or a movie!

LCfiner

Niks said:
Its all doom and gloom for Sony in these forums and then BAM these come up!
:D

Best character model ever!
The half-tuck returns!!

it's only doom and gloom for sales. not upcoming game quality for 2009.

of course, these screens don't negate the sales bit. they're just amazing looking. It's even better knowing the game wil look like this (with a few more jaggies) based on the track record of the first :)

skulpt

Can anyone deny that these levels have the most detail we've ever seen on a console? Gears 2 is amazing, but this takes it to a new level. What's even more sick is that there are no loading times. I mean how the heck did they manage that? Especially with hearing about a supposed Blu-ray bottleneck and longer loading times on PS3 games compared to their 360 cousins. How about not having loading at all? That's totally amazing.

AndyD

aka andydumi
skulpt said:
Can anyone deny that these levels have the most detail we've ever seen on a console? Gears 2 is amazing, but this takes it to a new level. What's even more sick is that there are no loading times. I mean how the heck did they manage that? Especially with hearing about a supposed Blu-ray bottleneck and longer loading times on PS3 games compared to their 360 cousins. How about not having loading at all? That's totally amazing.

I think someone will show you "the power of the cell" gif in a few minutes...

By reading the Killzone 2 thread, the explanation to your question is simply "the power of the cell". And also the great mating of technology in the PS3, from a large storage solution, to a standard drive, cell and RSX and the things connecting it all. It seems they were all chosen and mated together for the type of streaming engine we are seeing here and in Killzone 2 rather than the more traditional Unreal/Valve engines of preloading stuff.

AndyD said:
I think someone will show you "the power of the cell" gif in a few minutes...

By reading the Killzone 2 thread, the explanation to your question is simply "the power of the cell". And also the great mating of technology in the PS3, from a large storage solution, to a standard drive, cell and RSX and the things connecting it all. It seems they were all chosen and mated together for the type of streaming engine we are seeing here and in Killzone 2 rather than the more traditional Unreal/Valve engines of preloading stuff.

yeah, god bless Ken Kutaragi for that. he sure knows his stuff when he design PS3

Top Bottom