• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
Shadow780 said:
Will TLG have 3D too? I'm definitely getting a 3DTV next holiday now.

Not at the moment but Ueda said they were looking into it. TLG already seems to be sub-HD so 3D is looking like a tall order...

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Arcipello said:
where are these ingame screenshots everyone is freaking out over???? all i see is packaging artwork and photoshopped images :(

These are the ones that looked maybe like they might be screenshots, but I dunno :lol

Danielsan

I kinda wish 3D would die in a fire. I hate it in movies, and now Sony is pushing that shit into games like something fierce. At the cost of potential performance and graphical upgrades.

Lince

Banned
Kagari said:
I hope that doesn't come at the cost of a visual downgrade...

I guess they will pull a Killzone 3, same detail but less resolution or something along the lines. Same for MotorStorm. My 3D Bravia is crying tears of joy at the moment.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Danielsan said:
I kinda wish 3D would die in a fire. I hate it in movies, and now Sony is pushing that shit into games like something fierce. At the cost of potential performance and graphical upgrades.
I don't think any of the games that have 3D are suffering because of it. The only compromises are being made in the 3D mode, not in the 2D mode.

spats

Drake's quest descends into a desperate bid for survival that strains the limits of his endurance and forces him to confront his deepest fears.

Hopefully it isn't blue zombie mummies or something like that.

edit: in fact, I don't care. They could have cyborg skeleton dinosaurs and I would still love the game.

jigglywiggly said:
I bet the hand to hand combat is ripped straight from Batman.

I don't think it will. Batman's hand combat while awesome to execute, is pretty complicated and kinda hard to make it flow well, and Uncharted's combat so far has always trying to be as accessible as possible. I'd say it's just expanded from Uncharted 2 by perhaps adding directional input in addition to button, with lots of contextual animation depending on enemies placement etc to make it look cool while keep being simple.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Lince said:
I guess they will pull a Killzone 3, same detail but less resolution or something along the lines. Same for MotorStorm. My 3D Bravia is crying tears of joy at the moment.

A stupid sacrifice for the 1% of people who have 3D sets.

BeeDog

spats said:

edit: in fact, I don't care. They could have cyborg skeleton dinosaurs and I would still love the game.

CLOWNS!

EDIT: beaten :lol

Kagari said:
A stupid sacrifice for the 1% of people who have 3D sets.

But no 3D game so far have impacted the regular 2D mode...?

spats said:

Clowns... did you not play U2?

edit: dammit beaten!

daoster

The downside of all this is that I hope inFamous 2 doesn't get too overlooked.

I loved inFamous 1, but by the time I played Uncharted 2, I forgot that it was even released the same year!

Pai Pai Master said:
Box art and live demo already? How far along is this motherfucker!?

Pretty far considering a few months ago they said that they're too far in development to include Move support.

Mudkips

Banned
I'm sure ND will squeeze even more juice out of the PS3 some how to impress me, but I want to see what they can do with moar power next gen.

The 3D does nothing for me because I can't see it on the technology used on TVs. I hate missing out. :/

SolidSnakex said:
Pretty far considering a few months ago they said that they're too far in development to include Move support.

I don't really care about Move support, but how does that make sense if they included post release patches for Heavy Rain and MAG and RE5?

iratA

Kagari said:
I hope that doesn't come at the cost of a visual downgrade...

My thoughts exactly. Love the idea of 3D and all but damn this game neeeeds to look ace in 2D as a priority.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Avatar defined 3D in movies. Among all games, I'd bet on Uncharted 3 to do the same on PS3. These guys are genius.

In my limited experience 3D works better in game than in movies. Outside of Avatar and maybe Coraline I haven't seen any movie 3D that really blew me away, but playing Dead Rising 2 in 3D was great. Even the ultimate graybeard Jeff Green admitted Killzone 3D was cool.

LiK

Square Triangle said:
Is Sony planning on taking over the world with their games they are releasing in 2011?:lol

You know FUCKING Kevin Butler is working over time right now.

Naughty Dog knocked it out of the park with the first game and off the planet with the sequel. I can't even imagine the greatness headed this way. I'm so hyped.

jett

D-Member
marc^o^ said:
Avatar defined 3D in movies. Among all games, I'd bet on Uncharted 3 to do the same on PS3. These guys are genius.

Truly, Drake's Deception should be renamed to UNCHART3D.

GeoramA

jigglywiggly said:
I bet the hand to hand combat is ripped straight from Batman.
Unless Drake is a ninja now, I can't see that happening.

Assassin's Creed would be more realistic, but I don't see Naughty Dog slowing down the gameplay like that.

jett said:
Truly, Drake's Deception should be renamed to UNCHART3D.
I approve of this.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Uncharted 2 is my all time favorite PS3 game. I am a sucker for National Treasure-type movies, games, and books and U2 just blew me away.

Hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom