• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Status
Not open for further replies.
3D doesn't interest particularly...didn't impress me that much in Avatar...cuts off at base of screen, some stuff pops others don't...all in all I experienced exactly the same tech 10 years back at an Imax theatre...when they going to bring back VR, that was more impressive...

I hope the combat is a little more interesting than in Batman AA...I enjoyed it, but it got pretty repetitive by the end of the game. The difference here I suppose is that Uncharted has a lot more to its combat aresenal...ie guns

jett said:
Truly, Drake's Deception should be renamed to UNCHART3D.
Seinfeld-Bania.jpg

Erebus

Arcipello said:
where are these ingame screenshots everyone is freaking out over???? all i see is packaging artwork and photoshopped images :(
I don't think there are any actual in-game screenshots yet.

thisisneogaf.gif

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
nelsonroyale said:
3D doesn't interest particularly...didn't impress me that much in Avatar...cuts off at base of screen, some stuff pops others don't...all in all I experienced exactly the same tech 10 years back at an Imax theatre...when they going to bring back VR, that was more impressive...

I hope the combat is a little more interesting than in Batman AA...I enjoyed it, but it got pretty repetitive by the end of the game. The difference here I suppose is that Uncharted has a lot more to its combat aresenal...ie guns
Avatar 3D blew me away. I'm glad to be in the 1% that will enjoy the game in 3D :D

LM4sure

Banned
I'll be getting this game. I liked the first two. The multiplayer was fun. Hoping they can improve upon it though.

CozMick

Banned
Oh shit, the memories are flooding back.......

"That ain't in-game duuuuuuuude, you stupid!"

"Yeah right, PS3 ain't capable of that!"

"If Uncharted 2 looks even remotely like that I'll sell my 360!"

:lol

I'm not going to jump on the hype train for this.

I'll watch a video or two, maybe read a developer interview, and play the game.

Getting on the hype train leads to pure madness.

Firestorm

If GAF makes me hate this due to their over the top bullshit like Killzone 2 I will be so very angry at them.

UNCHART UNCHART UNCHART <3 <3 <3

plz no 3D.

Danielsan

I hope the revamped hand to hand combat system means the single player will have a bit less shooting and some more brawling.

do you think we'll see something like the jump between e3 and final game for Uncharted 2 again? it's kinda nuts when it happen to U2 since the E3 version already look really really good.

for those who don't remember
964a3ea3.jpg

3d69fde8.jpg

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I wonder if this news coming today has anything to do with upcoming NPD results.

Whatever, to celebrate I'm back online tonight! I missed you Drake :)

LiK

Firestorm said:
If GAF makes me hate this due to their over the top bullshit like Killzone 2 I will be so very angry at them.

plz no 3D.

from PS Blog:

Oh, and there’s one more thing – UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception fully supports high-resolution Stereoscopic 3D.

Danielsan

Also there is totally going to be a Jak III like vehicle section through the desert where you control a dune buggy or something. Paving the way for Uncharted Kart Racing.

Callibretto said:
do you think we'll see something like the jump between e3 and final game for Uncharted 2 again? it's kinda nuts when it happen to U2 since the E3 version already look really really good.

for those who don't remember
964a3ea3.jpg

3d69fde8.jpg

just a change in lighting, bro with some extra texture added to his shirt jawn

arne

HAI THAIR. wuts goin on here?

Psychotext said:
I'm going to get shouted at here...

...as much of a fan as I am of Uncharted, especially Uncharted 2, isn't three games in four years pushing it a bit?

It's not 4 years, you're not counting the time Uncharted 1 was in development. It's always been about 2 years between each game starting from Jak X -- although Uncharted 1 had a bit longer pre-production period. Releasing next year keeps on that same schedule.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
ShockingAlberto said:
This is precisely what I'm afraid of

How could gaf make you hate something? That's your metric?

Firestorm said:

plz no 3D.

If you can start to hate a game just because other people really like it then that's your own issue.

PhiLonius

Danielsan said:
Also there is totally going to be a Jak III like vehicle section through the desert where you control a dune buggy or something. Paving the way for Uncharted Kart Racing.

I thought it was going to be called UnKarted?

This sounds awesome.

I wonder if they'll be able to keep adding in new characters and bring back Chloe and Elena too. Eventually It'll end up becoming the equivalent of Indiana Jones crossed with Friends.

Guess I missed this announcement..

But been waiting for it. Totally psyched, I think Uncharted will be awesome in an Arabian setting.. I'm ready for it NOW! Uncharted 2 left me frothing at the mouth..

kenta

Has no PEINS
Majine said:
2009:
Killzone 2
Infamous
Uncharted 2

2011:
Killzone 3
Infamous 2
Uncharted 3

2013:
Yeah, you guessed it.
What's the problem?

Also: We don't know who's making Sly 4 yet. Just sayin

jett

D-Member
SolidSnakex said:
If you can start to hate a game just because other people really like it then that's your own issue.

Some people have issues, and the same people have the hypocrisy to quote my tag.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Square Triangle said:
And I'm okay with this.

It's like the "problem" of having too much money in your pocket. A problem I don't have thanks to that release schedule.

Otacon

just popped in Drake's Fortune to celebrate the announcement:D

this will be a hard blackout until the game's release...what an incredible year 2011 will be
so many GOTY contenders already:lol

Has Naughty Dog comfirmed that they will not be making another Jak and Daxter? I realize Uncharted is now their baby and I'm all for the franchise but please make a new Jak damn it!

Also SCEA....Please make a FUCKING collector's edition for everyone- don't pull another fortune hunters bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom