• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 | New details from OPM 57 [EGM Details Post 208]

jett

D-Member
All the information is relevant to my interests, but especially the talk about them expanding stealth. That stuff was just great to pull off in UC2.

reKon

Banned
jett said:
All the information is relevant to my interests, but especially the talk about them expanding stealth. That stuff was just great to pull off in UC2.

yeah, replaying UC2, I was able to re do sections of the game completely in stealth

AAK

More Uncharted games???

I really was hoping for a new ND Jak and Daxter PS3 game. Not something made by other developers.

jett

D-Member
:lol at complaining about UC2's cover mechanics. ND nailed that shit, no idea what that zero punctuation guy is talking about.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
siarraweb said:
- Drake's Deception will most likely not be his last outing; "The Uncharted franchise was never conceived as a trilogy"
UnKarted confirmed?

I'm afraid that the near universal praise of UC2 will keep ND from addressing problems that have plagued the series since the first game. I really hope they cut down on the waves of enemies; they began to seem like filler. Also, I wouldn't mind if they made the platforming and puzzles better. Oh, and bosses that aren't garbage. Despite my complaints, I'm still looking forward to seeing what they do with this third game, though.

AAK

pharmboy044 said:
Do not want.
I want my Nathan Drake!

I definitely want. Jak 2 and Jak 3 IMO had some of the best platforming scenario's seen on the PS2. It was amazing how you could seamlessly transition between your weapons, your hoverboard, and normal running. Made for some epic set pieces. I especially remember the level in Jak 3 where you had to make the follow the train and shoot the targets on the railings to pave the pathway for it to go. One of the few times in gaming where fast paced 3rd person shooting and intense platforming went hand in hand simultaneously. Sure Uncharted series outcast the Jak series with its spectacle and gorgeous colors, but from a gameplay perspective, Jak series is just way more impressive.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Sounds pretty nice.

As much as I enjoyed the great variety of awesome locations in Uncharted 2, I like the idea of one place being focused on for most of the game. Hopefully that's the case in 3, especially since it sounds like such an amazing and unique location for a game to take place.

give it to me now please

Duffyside

Banned
nckillthegrimace said:
Oh, and bosses that aren't garbage.
I feel like the Lazarevic fight gets way too much hate. I liked it. Other than that though, the other boss fights in UC2 would be the Tank, which was great, and the Helicopter, which was AWESOME.

duffyside said:
I feel like the Lazarevic fight gets way too much hate. I liked it. Other than that though, the other boss fights in UC2 would be the Tank, which was great, and the Helicopter, which was AWESOME.

What really stood out to me as completely horrible was that one random guy you fight in the train who inexplicably takes an entire magnum clip, multiple grenades, and an all-out melee assault to kill. I think he was Lazarevic's chief henchman or something.

Also, the helicopter and tank especially felt less like boss fights and more like a test of getting to an explosive device and aiming it correctly. They were certainly entertaining, but I never really thought of them as bosses in the traditional sense.

jett

D-Member
duffyside said:

Lazarevich was terrible. It was one death away from ruining the entire game for me, like that cocksucker Radec in KZ2. Fortunately it didn't get to that. :p

But yeah, when talking about bosses people forget about the tank and the gunship, which are great.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The details sound awesome. I'm not expecting a huge jump from Uncharted 2 but if they refine a few things it will still be an absolutely amazing experience. I'm trying not to search for the scans since I'm trying to stay on a media blackout but it's so hard not to look at Uncharted screens/footage. I did manage to avoid that cutscene from GDC, at least.

Darkatomz

jett said:
:lol at complaining about UC2's cover mechanics. ND nailed that shit, no idea what that zero punctuation guy is talking about.
The only real complaint about cover that I have is sliding into it. Still makes you a magnet for damage.

Duffyside

Banned
jett said:
Lazarevich was terrible. It was one death away from ruining the entire game for me, like that cocksucker Radec in KZ2. Fortunately it didn't get to that. :p

But yeah, when talking about bosses people forget about the tank and the gunship, which are great.
So did you think it was terrible because it was hard? Because I admit it was hard, but I still enjoyed it. I liked that it gave a reason for him to be able to take so many bullets, and I enjoyed that I didn't just have to point my gun at him to win the fight, but had to use the environment.

However, I must concede that I am clearly in the very small minority in thinking that boss fight was not terrible. Not entirely sure what's going to satisfy people though, if that didn't work. More tanks and choppers? That'll get tedious quick. Unless you just don't want any boos fights at all, I'm at a loss for what they can do if the supernatural elements are going to receive such hate.

jett

D-Member
duffyside said:
So did you think it was terrible because it was hard? Because I admit it was hard, but I still enjoyed it. I liked that it gave a reason for him to be able to take so many bullets, and I enjoyed that I didn't just have to point my gun at him to win the fight, but had to use the environment.

However, I must concede that I am clearly in the very small minority in thinking that boss fight was not terrible. Not entirely sure what's going to satisfy people though, if that didn't work. More tanks and choppers? That'll get tedious quick. Unless you just don't want any boos fights at all, I'm at a loss for what they can do if the supernatural elements are going to receive such hate.

I wasn't enjoying it, at all. I thought it was cheaply and stupidly designed. And after dying time and time again, you have to endure those forced scenes of the retard screaming at you, every single time, and frankly I felt like punching whoever thought of this bossfight really fucking hard in the face.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Details sound good to me!

I think the only thing that could be a concern is the bike tidbits, but if that section of the game is anything like the car section in UC2, it should be fine.

Now how about that beta? ;)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
jett said:
I think the fact that people forget they were bosses is part of what made them so much better. Their integration was much more natural and didn't cause people to stop and think, oh yeah well here is another boss *sigh*.

Jtrizzy

jett said:
For me, I'd like a toggle crouch. The cover system is fine, but I'd like to play the game at a slower pace. In U2, it felt like you could only stealth when the game wanted you to.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
jett said:
I loved going through the
withered tree
area in the Monastery, not just without alerting anyone but without killing anyone.

nckillthegrimace said:
What really stood out to me as completely horrible was that one random guy you fight in the train who inexplicably takes an entire magnum clip, multiple grenades, and an all-out melee assault to kill. I think he was Lazarevic's chief henchman or something.

Also, the helicopter and tank especially felt less like boss fights and more like a test of getting to an explosive device and aiming it correctly. They were certainly entertaining, but I never really thought of them as bosses in the traditional sense.
I agree, he looked completely out of place.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
BruceLeeRoy said:
I am salivating over here.
I hate to say this but unless someone really objects I would love to do the OT for UC3.

The curse of BruceLeeRoy will continue...

Alan Wake, Killzone 2, Resistance 2..were all average games

So I'm hella excited for the game, but I'll be hella bummed when the inevitable happens and Sully dies :(

Y'know it's gonna happen.

Uncharted 2 went down as one of the best games I have ever played in my life. This will probably be the same way. I'm ready for mirages and all that jazz. Give it to me ND, just give it to me good.

Totobeni said:

Alan Wake, Killzone 2, Resistance 2..were all average games
Lol! That's actually true! I resent the MGS4 comment though. You dastardly chaps

Shut-up-and-take-my-money1.jpg

Amir0x said:
I'll never forgive you for MGS4, Bruce. It's entirely your fault that game was awful!
As bad as portions of that game are it immediately gets a pass for the nostalgia trip that is Shadow Moses just pretend the whole part with vamp and otacon and subsequent events was just bad fan fic

Totobeni said:

Alan Wake,
Killzone 2,
Resistance 2..were all average games

YSYWM Killzone 2 was awesome.

jett said:

Lazarevich was awesome.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Lazarevic was terrible. If there's one thing Naughty Dog has to improve on it's the lackluster final boss fights. They really should make the final boss fight like the tank sequence/helicopter fight in UC2, where they're engaging and intense. Make it more interactive and include great set pieces. The whole game has great action set pieces EXCEPT the final boss fights.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Are there any scans on the internet? Not asking a link, just want to know if there are any

Facism

BruceLeeroy OT?

YESSSSSSSS BABY. Fucking love your OTs, always filled with information without being a cheerleading shillfest :D Go for it my son :D

Top Bottom