• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Callibretto said:
wow, Sully look amazing, the hair, mustache, eyes, and even light reflected stubble he had.

in comparison, Marlowe's hair is so out of place compared to the other 3

Her hair looks like a wig made of wood

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Square Triangle said:
Omg, just announced.
qlzPG.jpg
Should have been announced a month ago to build hype, not when the game releases. I am going to be playing UC3 no time to be dressing my sackboy

Sully looks awesome. Elena looks like female human Deathwing. Dat chin.

I wish DrakeBoy was an optional Drake skin in U3.

Oh wait, that would make SackBoy a murderer though.

All developers dream, but don't all have the luxury of being a 1st party with the console manufacturer's top software developers working in house to develop their engine components and development tools to ensure their game is the showcase title on the platform.

Wolfgunblood Garopa said:
All developers dream, but don't all have the luxury of being a 1st party with the console manufacturer's top software developers working in house to develop their engine components and development tools to ensure their game is the showcase title on the platform.
lol are you mad about a thread title

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
just look at rare or lionhead. thread title is just about right.

tumblr_lsrpz2KrxQ1qii6tmo1_500.gif

badcrumble said:
lol are you mad about a thread title

Not mad. But if you're supposed to be the place for intelligent gaming discussion, it should be common knowledge that it's not Naughty Dog who's responsible for Uncharted having the highest production values on consoles.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
It's a play on a Lawrence of Arabia quote used in the game...

And seriously, they are small (compared to other AAA game teams), and ridiculously efficient and creative team. Putting them down like that just makes you sound bitter, and for no good reason.

Loudninja

Not mad. But if you're supposed to be the place for intelligent gaming discussion, it should be common knowledge that it's not Naughty Dog who's responsible for Uncharted having the highest production values on consoles.
What?

Ricky_R

tumblr_lqts15PyGu1qfvcb1o9_500.gif

JB1981

All Gaffers Troll, But Not Equally.

Loudninja said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCE_Worldwide_Studios

ICE Team

In addition, Naughty Dog is home to the ICE Team, one of Sony's World Wide Studios central technology groups. The ICE Team focuses on creating core graphics technologies for Sony's worldwide first party published titles, including low level game engine components, graphics processing pipelines, supporting tools, and graphics profiling and debugging tools. The ICE Team also supports third party developers with a suite of engine components, and a graphics analysis, profiling, and debugging tool for the RSX. Both enable developers to get better performance out of PlayStation hardwares.

Guevara

THIS IS REALLY A SPOILER OMG DON'T READ IT

Man playing
as child Drake is kind of cool and he controls pretty differently, like a teenager, kind of awkward but fast. His climbing style is different too, because he doesn't have the upper body strength he's all legs. As a casual fan of the series, it's cool to get this whole backstory. Young(er) Sully was a pretty cool guy, he kills people and steals stuff and isn't afraid of anything.

Combichristoffersen

Is it Kevin Butler?

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCE_Worldwide_Studios

ICE Team

In addition, Naughty Dog is home to the ICE Team, one of Sony's World Wide Studios central technology groups. The ICE Team focuses on creating core graphics technologies for Sony's worldwide first party published titles, including low level game engine components, graphics processing pipelines, supporting tools, and graphics profiling and debugging tools. The ICE Team also supports third party developers with a suite of engine components, and a graphics analysis, profiling, and debugging tool for the RSX. Both enable developers to get better performance out of PlayStation hardwares.
okc.gif

h3ro

We all know it's because of Supa Hot Fire.

The Cell processor?

I USE IT.

Guevara said:

Man playing
as child Drake is kind of cool and he controls pretty differently, like a teenager, kind of awkward but fast. His climbing style is different too, because he doesn't have the upper body strength he's all legs. As a casual fan of the series, it's cool to get this whole backstory. Young(er) Sully was a pretty cool guy, he kills people and steals stuff and isn't afraid of anything.

fuck you. just because you hid it doesn't mean THAT I HAVE THE WILLPOWER TO NOT UN-HID IT

seriously guys do not highlight that shit. whatever you do.

Rikyfree

Captain, This sector is giving off large levels of DERP.

brandonh83 said:
fuck you. just because you hid it doesn't mean THAT I HAVE THE WILLPOWER TO NOT UN-HID IT

I almost did it out of habit.

I might leave the OT and stick to the wonderful review thread until I've finished the game.

Guevara

brandonh83 said:

Sorry man. I really tried to make it clear that the above was a serious spoiler.

Loudninja

Guevara said:
Sorry man. I really tried to make it clear that the above was a serious spoiler.
Its really early to be posting major spoilers is it not?

Man you guys goign to make this really difficult lol.

Guevara said:

Oh you made it perfectly clear but the problem is that it made it harder to avoid it.

I mean I felt like I would unlock the secrets of the universe by highlighting it and that's exactly what happened.

Bazhard

Banned
Fuck i am going to be so backed up between nov-feb, i still need to beat Space Marine, Dead Island, Deus Ex, Batman and Battlefield 3.

I should have BF3/Batman done before tuesday.. WHY U RELEASE SO MANY GAMES?!?

also has anyone here played and beat UC3 yet?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
You do realize ICE team makes tools and libraries for all the Sony WWS, right? It's not just for Naughty Dog. Uncharted 2 was made in 18 months and when you look at Uncharted 1's quality, that's a massive achievement. The budget for Uncharted 2 was around $20 million, which really isn't that high compared to the other AAA games out there.

Andrefpvs said:
Dammit man, I'm supposed to be straight.
Even more confusing for us, he's a video game character!

Uh, I mean, for YOU.

Yeah.

Also, you can give someone all the tools, money, and inspiration in the world, but you can't give them talent and desire.

ced

This is going to be nice Tuesday, I am going in pretty blind to U3. I love the series, but some some odd reason I just don't follow their development like some other games.

Oh I kind of get it now. So Talbot is a Drake. So he'll be the final boss and not Marlowe. I was having trouble envisioning a boss fight with Kate.

nofi

brandonh83 said:

THIS.

This is one of the game's best moments. Spoil it at your peril.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
brandonh83 said:
Oh I kind of get it now. So Talbot is a Drake. So he'll be the final boss and not Marlowe. I was having trouble envisioning a boss fight with Kate.

SPECULATION SPOILER
Talbot kills Marlowe for not telling him he is Drake's brother

Combichristoffersen said:
He's Drake's clone, and UC3 is actually MGS5. Sully is Old Snake.

HAHA! I knew it! Talbot actually kind of looks like a mix between Drake, Ocelot and Old Snake.

I love how people are clicking on the spoiler despite the landmine of warnings around it. Stay strong men!

Combichristoffersen

brandonh83 said:

Kate is actually a semi-cyborg with a wig-looking hat made of wood and nanomachines.

Top Bottom