• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/04/17/playstation-store-update-235/

Uncharted 3 fans take note: your time has come with an all new UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™ Maps & Modes DLC Bundle featuring core content from some of the game’s outstanding maps packs and expansions. Featuring Flashback Map Pack #1, Co-Op Adventure Pack, Flashback Map Pack #2, Co-Op Shade Survival, and Drake’s Deception Map Pack; all this great content is available for $29.99. If you’re a Plus subscriber, you’ll be able to snag this bundle for a limited time discount at $20.99!

PS3 Add-ons

UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Maps & Modes DLC Bundle ($29.99)
Grab this bundle and save on your favorite maps and modes for UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception multiplayer! Included are Flashback Map Pack #1, Co-Op Adventure Pack, Flashback Map Pack #2, Co-Op Shade Survival, and Drake’s Deception Map Pack!
File size 100 KB

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
It's worthless, really. I guess they're trying to get people to buy the fortune hunter's club since it's cheaper than this.

Got my 2nd Rampant today on a late join Team Deathmatch game. Feels good, man!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
You can't? Then this is even worse. You can get $5 off with the PS+ discount. Original FHC members who bought it for full price got even more ripped off.

You can't? Then this is even worse. You can get $5 off with the PS+ discount. Original FHC members who bought it for full price got even more ripped off.

Can't say i agree. We got to play most of the content months in advance and while i don't care for or use the majority of DLC skins, the ones that i do use are worth these $4 (especially Flynn).

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
We only got to play the first flashback pack months prior to this because it wasn't until recently that they fixed flashback pack 2 appearing for map selection. The UC2 skins are still a visual downgrade from their UC2 counterparts. Regardless, the FHC was really bad value for your money and with the PS+ discount, you would have saved $5 from the original price. lol

hao chi

I hope ND adjusts how heavily the newest maps are weighted within a week or two. I feel like I've tried out all four of the newest maps enough for the new map feeling to disappear, and would like to be able to play the U2 maps more often. It seems like a U2 map is only an option about 10% of the time, and there's no guarantee it will even win the vote.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
It's strange that it's not available in EU, though...
Europe gets screwed again!

Tonight I kept glitching inside that 'cover spot' when you spawn as a hero in the beginning of every TDM match. It was so annoying...I thought they fixed those glitches like they did on the Museum.

TripOpt55

Europe gets screwed again!

Tonight I kept glitching inside that 'cover spot' when you spawn as a hero in the beginning of every TDM match. It was so annoying...I thought they fixed those glitches like they did on the Museum.

This happened to me the other day on Chateau. One of my teammates kindly grenaded me... haha.

Massa

We only got to play the first flashback pack months prior to this because it wasn't until recently that they fixed flashback pack 2 appearing for map selection. The UC2 skins are still a visual downgrade from their UC2 counterparts. Regardless, the FHC was really bad value for your money and with the PS+ discount, you would have saved $5 from the original price. lol

It's $21 so you're only saving $4. :p

I have to say when they announced the season pass one of the reasons I held off on it (other than price) was my complete lack of interest in skin and non-maps DLC, so I figured I could save some money by buying them individually later.

Of course at $10 per pack or $21 for all maps this is is still way much more than what I'm willing to pay for Uncharted 3 DLC. Something like Killzone 3 was more reasonable for Sony, where there were 3 map packs at $6 and one or two of them were free for Plus members.

Clearly their strategy here is to milk the small core fanbase for all they can instead of trying to grow the audience for the game, which would give them a bigger audience to sell smaller DLC packs and even future Uncharted games.

Alucrid

Banned
So this is one of the final games I have in my physical backlog. I'm gonna try and finish it up this week, it's just that so far *location spoiler
I'm up to the castle
it seems to really drag on, especially the combat parts, more so than with 2 for me at least. Does it get less draining?

Tokubetsu

So this is one of the final games I have in my physical backlog. I'm gonna try and finish it up this week, it's just that so far *location spoiler
I'm up to the castle
it seems to really drag on, especially the combat parts, more so than with 2 for me at least. Does it get less draining?

No, it doesn't. If anything, it gets worse.

Drakeon

I'm up to the castle

In my experience, I enjoyed the game a lot more after the part your currently stuck at, I got stuck there for a few months too before I went back to it.

hao chi

If he's tired of combat, no, it really doesn't.

Looking to get back into this soon. Are the map packs worth it?

Depends on how much you play, but other than Oasis I think all three map packs vastly improve the overall quality of the maps in this game.

Keep in mind though I'm not too fond of U3's maps, so you may feel differently.

eloestmn

Good Games last night Hao chi!

It's a beautiful map, but it's ruined by tryhards...

Just wait for the GOTY nubz. ;D

What exactly is a tryhard?(ive heard numerous explanations, so im not exactly sure.) Waiting for nubz to show up so you can slaughter them, isnt that something a tryhard would do?

hao chi

Good Games last night Hao chi!

What exactly is a tryhard?(ive heard numerous explanations, so im not exactly sure.) Waiting for nubz to show up so you can slaughter them, isnt that something a tryhard would do?

Back at you! Warped and I had a lot of fun playing with you.

And yeah, tryhards love to camp with their party of 5 so they can die as little as possible. They also have a tendency of quitting if they die a few times.

Basically, they're stat whores.

In U2 they were the guys that would bunny hop all the time, usually used silent skins (they also liked Wetsuit Drake and Nathan Hale), and usually camped or at least stayed near their party.

I'm sick of being so average. I was better than this. Guess it's what I get for not playing all the time and not resorting to flavor-of-the-moment cheap tactics. I get punished for wanting to play as purely as possible.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
You can still get great scores if you play 'purely' as you say. It all comes down to in-game tactics (map memorization, looking around your surroundings, and listening) and how you deal with certain scenarios. You're not going to be performing awesome if you take a big break from the game and don't expect to always pull off great scores because everyone has their games where they perform average to below average.

You can still get great scores if you play 'purely' as you say. It all comes down to in-game tactics (map memorization, looking around your surroundings, and listening) and how you deal with certain scenarios. You're not going to be performing awesome if you take a big break from the game and don't expect to always pull off great scores because everyone has their games where they perform average to below average.

True.

Lag has been atrocious lately. Noticed tons of hitching during the kill cam and then heard my teammates roar with WTFs and complaints of lag. I even had a kill cam linger for far too long before it finally acknowledged that I had died. I imagine the same happened to the poor guy I sniped but remained frozen still as my teammates tried meleeing him. He eventually disappeared giving me the kill. All separate games.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
what an unfortunate typo

7Ndwb.png

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So ND is lowering the range for The Long Ranger medal (originally 70 meters) to 50. wtf.

Not really sure how I feel about this. it's a massive reduction and I busted my ass off getting it legit at 70 meters without boosting for it like many people do.

The last thing this game needs is everyone using Scoped In gold with the G-MAL.

Also can't wait to read, "the dragon sniper with scoped in gold is overpowered". ugh. :|

EricND posted on the ND forums that you should save/upload any cinema files that you may have before the next patch (1.10) hits. More info coming next week. It's supposed to be pretty huge in terms of changes.

Mikey Jr.

So ND is lowering the range for The Long Ranger medal (originally 70 meters) to 50. wtf.

Not really sure how I feel about this. it's a massive reduction and I busted my ass off getting it legit at 70 meters without boosting for it like many people do.

The last thing this game needs is everyone using Scoped In gold with the G-MAL.

Also can't wait to read, "the dragon sniper with scoped in gold is overpowered". ugh. :|

EricND posted on the ND forums that you should save/upload any cinema files that you may have before the next patch (1.10) hits. More info coming next week. It's supposed to be pretty huge in terms of changes.

People were boosting long range, and long range medal was pretty stupid in the first place. People were killing from across the map and they still werent getting it. The only place that people found where they could get it was in Yemen, and that was when you were in that sniper spot in the tower, and you had to shoot someone else who was kinda at the back part of that tower.

It was dumb and needed a reduction where actually killing someone across the map gives you the medal, not because I was literally standing in a corner of the map, and shot someone else who was also standing in the corner.

Glad about the reduction personally.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
People were boosting long range, and long range medal was pretty stupid in the first place. People were killing from across the map and they still werent getting it. The only place that people found where they could get it was in Yemen, and that was when you were in that sniper spot in the tower, and you had to shoot someone else who was kinda at the back part of that tower.

It was dumb and needed a reduction where actually killing someone across the map gives you the medal, not because I was literally standing in a corner of the map, and shot someone else who was also standing in the corner.

Glad about the reduction personally.
I'm OK with the idea of getting a reduction, but I think they reduced it too much. 60 would have been completely fine, IMO. We'll see how it works out.

ND plz nerf G-mal and M9 rate of fire a bit and power up fleet foot :(
1) The G-MAL is fine. It's balanced now.
2) M9 Rate of Fire needs to go away.
3) No.

jett

D-Member
I'm OK with the idea of getting a reduction, but I think they reduced it too much. 60 would have been completely fine, IMO. We'll see how it works out.

1) The G-MAL is fine. It's balanced now.
2) M9 Rate of Fire needs to go away.
3) No.

lol no. The reduction in stopping power has done nothing.

Mikey Jr.

I haven't played U3 in about a month and a half. I have been doing a Metal Gear playthrough which was needed, because after 90 hours of U3, I was burned out.

I popped in U3 today, downloaded the new maps, and I am in love again.

Fuck, this game is great. I honestly love the multiplayer and it makes me sad to think that there might not be an Uncharted 4. (I don't know this obviously, but ND are known for making new IP's each new generation.)

Anyways, tried out the new AK-47, and I like it a lot. The accuracy buff was needed, and I found I did a lot better with it. I used it for an entire match and it felt great.

Btw, are they increasing the level cap anytime this century?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
lol no. The reduction in stopping power has done nothing.
It has done A LOT. You can escape the two bursts now and it's harder to get killed in long distances because you don't freeze in one spot. Roll away, jump. It works. It's still a popular gun to use because unfortunately, it's really good at any distance whether it's close, mid, or long range combat and most maps tend to favor use of the G-MAL. It's an oversued gun for sure, but it's fine now.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So I got a guy on video going invisible and just destroying everyone. Blatant cheater.

username- Perro_Ram

What does ND do about these particular users, and should I upload video?

jett

D-Member
It has done A LOT. You can escape the two bursts now and it's harder to get killed in long distances because you don't freeze in one spot. Roll away, jump. It works. It's still a popular gun to use because unfortunately, it's really good at any distance whether it's close, mid, or long range combat and most maps tend to favor use of the G-MAL. It's an oversued gun for sure, but it's fine now.

Well that's your opinion, my opinion is that any halfway decent gmal users will still destroy you in half a second.

Top Bottom