• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

So I got a guy on video going invisible and just destroying everyone. Blatant cheater.

username- Perro_Ram

What does ND do about these particular users, and should I upload video?
Dead body glitch.

It's not a deliberate glitch, though... it's very random and rare.

Mikey Jr.

My multiplayer controls are not being saved.

In the options menu, under camera, the horizontal and vertical cameras are flipped for camera view. Aiming view is still normal.

I have tried setting it in the main menu, in game, everything. As soon as I turn off my PS3 and start it back up, its flipped again. Its getting fucking aggravating.

jett

D-Member
My multiplayer controls are not being saved.

In the options menu, under camera, the horizontal and vertical cameras are flipped for camera view. Aiming view is still normal.

I have tried setting it in the main menu, in game, everything. As soon as I turn off my PS3 and start it back up, its flipped again. Its getting fucking aggravating.

Your options need to be saved in the middle of a single-player game.

Yes, it's retarded. DAT NAUGHTY DOG POLISH

hao chi

I'm pretty sure I've had settings saved from changing them just from the main menu (took a few tries though), but my issue is you can't turn off Dubstep TV from there.

Dead body glitch.

It's not a deliberate glitch, though... it's very random and rare.

I'm not sure if it was the dead body glitch, but the other day I was killed and instead of falling over dead I was still able to run around, and I was seriously wondering if I blinked too long and just imagined my character died. Then about 15 seconds later I just randomly died. I'm not sure if it was the dead body glitch and my body was grenaded, or a new fucking weird glitch; either way, this game probably could have used an extra couple months for polish/not making Chloe look like ass.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks

That didn't work for me. What I had to do was delete my saved file (after I backed it up) and the settings would save.

hao chi said:
I'm not sure if it was the dead body glitch, but the other day I was killed and instead of falling over dead I was still able to run around, and I was seriously wondering if I blinked too long and just imagined my character died. Then about 15 seconds later I just randomly died. I'm not sure if it was the dead body glitch and my body was grenaded, or a new fucking weird glitch; either way, this game probably could have used an extra couple months for polish/not making Chloe look like ass.
That glitch sounds kind of familiar, but in my scenario, I spawn only to get killed by a grenade in like the opposite side of the map. When I respawn again, I'll move around for about ten seconds only to respawn in another location. SO annoying because it's so common...

I've also had this thing happen where you're about to die (in the black/white screen), and you get grenaded + shot at the same time only to not die at all. Afterwards, you move in one direction and lose control of your character. You'll be moving in one direction for eternity, being immune to any damage and not having any control input. You can only move your camera and that's it.

For the Chloe issue, I've already addressed how terrible she looks in the main SP game and ESPECIALLY in the MP. It's disgusting what ND did to her and the removal of female running animations. It's one of the reasons why I will never pick her for the MP. It literally disgusts me.

Well that's your opinion, my opinion is that any halfway decent lagging gmal users will still destroy you in half a second.

Because, come on... a weapon that goes in bursts when a medium-high latency is involved means they got 2 bursts in you already before you even start moving.

hao chi

That didn't work for me. What I had to do was delete my saved file (after I backed it up) and the settings would save.

That glitch sounds kind of familiar, but in my scenario, I spawn only to get killed by a grenade in like the opposite side of the map. When I respawn again, I'll move around for about ten seconds only to respawn in another location. SO annoying because it's so common...

I've also had this thing happen where you're about to die (in the black/white screen), and you get grenaded + shot at the same time only to not die at all. Afterwards, you move in one direction and lose control of your character. You'll be moving in one direction for eternity, being immune to any damage and not having any control input. You can only move your camera and that's it.

For the Chloe issue, I've already addressed how terrible she looks in the main SP game and ESPECIALLY in the MP. It's disgusting what ND did to her and the removal of female running animations. It's one of the reasons why I will never pick her for the MP. It literally disgusts me.

I've had the grenade killing you after a respawn glitch happen numerous times as well, but I don't usually respawn in another spot after moving around. I was really hoping they would have been able to fix that glitch and the dead body glitch in U3.

I think there was also a grenade nearby in the glitch I mentioned, so it may have been similar to the other one you described. Though I was able to freely move around the map before I died.

And I'm glad you mentioned how bad Chloe looks in the single player. In another thread I tried pointing out how they changed her appearance, but nobody else saw the difference. I'm glad I'm not crazy like I started to think I was.

I'm not sure about the single player, but I know in multiplayer they used Elena's facial and body structure for Chloe.

Edit: Speaking of weird glitches, has anybody else had this happen? I tried meleeing then rolling quickly, and my gun just left my hands while Chloe became stuck in place with her hands in the air. I've had it happen one other time since then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYtGJQunATc

jett

D-Member
Lol, I'll try that in a little bit. Does the same go for hints? That shit wont leave me alone either.

Hints will haunt you FOREVER.

Yeah I don't know what's up with that...

Because, come on... a weapon that goes in bursts when a medium-high latency is involved means they got 2 bursts in you already before you even start moving.

Well this is true too, it's a very lag-friendly weapon.

SxP

Oh god hints. I never want to drop a grenade while rolling. But I must have done it a thousand times in the hope the message disappears the next time I roll.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/05/08/starhawk-out-today-mlg-tournament-all-map-packs-free/

"We really didn’t like how in Warhawk when we released a new map pack, it forced these divisions on our players. And after we released three expansions, our player community was pretty fractured. With Starhawk that ends! We are incredibly excited to announce that all map packs for Starhawk will be free. Yeah, you read that right…FREE. Whenever we release a map pack you won’t have to pay a friggin’ dime!"

Ring any bells???

Another comment from the blog: "The map packs are free because we felt that we splintered the fanbase in Starhawk and left some players behind…and they never returned. With this strategy we’ll release the packs for free but continue to charge for other types of DLC like skins, paintjobs, new vehicles, new structures, etc. They won’t be as expensive as the Warhawk packs. Hopefully this will give players more choice and also keep the player base more intact and longer lasting."

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Wow that's fucking awesome. I wish every developer took this approach because splitting the online base doesn't create a lasting community compared to when everything is released for free.

ND should make the DLC free at some point to increase the player pool. As a huge fan, I wouldn't feel ripped off that I paid for the content, as long as the community grows that's all that matters to me.

hao chi

I think they should do what Bungie did with Halo 2, and after a couple months make the map packs free. They would still get the revenue from the fans who want to play the new maps ASAP, while not splitting their fanbase for very long. Plus, the people who actually paid for the maps can play them more easily.

eloestmn

Perhaps this was the first time I noticed it, but has anyone ever seen them kill drake and throw him out of the helicopter at the end of Monastery's co-op. after they fly away in the chopper, i heard drake die and then they just threw him out the side. o_O

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Eh, I quite like Chloe in 3 compared to 2 she looked like she was constantly smelling something bad. :p Elena on the other hand looks off for some reason, especially her eyes. Her character model was perfect in 2!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Eh, I quite like Chloe in 3 compared to 2 she looked like she was constantly smelling something bad. :p Elena on the other hand looks off for some reason, especially her eyes. Her character model was perfect in 2!
Answer this question:

Do you prefer Chloe's MP model in 3 compared to UC2's model?

Depending on your answer, I may never forgive you. ;)

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Answer this question:

Do you prefer Chloe's MP model in 3 compared to UC2's model?

Depending on your answer, I may never forgive you. ;)

Hmmm, I think I don't like either but if I really had to choose I'd say Chloe was a tad better in UC2 MP.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Hmmm, I think I don't like either but if I really had to choose I'd say Chloe was a tad better in UC2 MP.
QNskh.gif

You've made the right choice!

+Respect points!

Mikey Jr.

Apparently the next patch coming out is huge. Supposed to get patch notes this Friday, but they are saying that it is possible that it will get delayed to next week.

Lab is obviously going to be in the next patch.

I am also hoping for a cap increase. I just hit 75-3. A good deal of people are also in the legacy 3 range from what I can see. If they do raise the cap, I hope they will put more hero head items. Seriously, compare the villain head items versus the heroes. The heroes side is fucking pathetic.

Also, maybe I am misremembering, but wasn't there something about making your own maps?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
There was another thread I posted here a long time ago from the ND forums that had those comparison pictures and even more. It really sucks that we got downgraded skins. I think this was due to the game being rushed because Desert Drake and Rameses are the only characters that have the most detail and the ones that almost resemble a UC2 quality skin. Hopefully in the next game we get the UC2 treatment in terms of characters and animations.

jett

D-Member
I read they outsourced the multiplayer models, but I'm not sure if was really true.

I don't mind the reduced character detail (that is only noticeable up close) at all though, the multiplayer visuals in UC3 smokes UC2. UC2MP was always a bit on the ugly side to be honest.

Uncharted 2 MP graphics were way better than UC3 MP graphics.

The only thing that looks good in UC3 MP is some of the map textures and lighting. Some maps look worse in UC3 though like Sanctuary, lost city, Highrise and Facility. Highrise was BREATHTAKING in UC2. UC3 I thought it would look good but it's soo bland at night. Facility just looks terribad with dat blue.

Lost City I would've loved but dat snow just looks too bright. Can't barely see a thing. Now Village and others?? Yea it looks nice.

Overall though if Uc3 had the character models from UC2 with these lighting it would look amazingood.

jett

D-Member
The only thing that looks good in UC3 MP is some of the map textures and lighting.

So, the only thing that looks better in UC3 MP is what graphics are made of... :p

Everything about the scenery in UC3's maps is a considerable technical improvement. The lighting is simply on another level. The less detailed characters is a non-factor really as you can only notice that if you zoom in really close in cinema mode. I'll take the trade for gorgeous maps, not to mention the increased amounts of explosions and crap going on around the matches.

how so? perhaps im not as observant as most but I thought the UC2 multiplayer visuals were pretty damn good. especially anything based around Nepal.

It has always looked pretty plain to me.

hao chi

So, the only thing that looks better in UC3 MP is what graphics are made of... :p

Everything about the scenery in UC3's maps is a considerable technical improvement. The lighting is simply on another level. The less detailed characters is a non-factor really as you can only notice that if you zoom in really close in cinema mode. I'll take the trade for gorgeous maps, not to mention the increased amounts of explosions and crap going on around the matches.

I think they're pretty noticeable, especially default Drake and Chloe.

I think overall U3's multiplayer graphics are a bit better, but if I could choose I'd take U2's graphics and character models.

:p yup. Well I forgot to mention all the other little subtle special effects. I think the bullet smoke and tracers looked better in UC2. Also characters getting wet and the snow on their skins was a neat effect.

Though UC3 in motion looks great. Just got done playing and in motion the characters look fine. I just ND would lay off that drab brown/greyish pipe their smoking and give us full color palettes for all clothes.

Yea the effects do look better though. I do wish animations were better though. Right now their acceptable but if there was more animations for deaths besides the hand on chest and fall back one I'd be happy.

Mikey Jr.

I REALLY want Eddy's AK, but that means playing Hardcore, and I know drop rates there can be painfully slow.

So should I even bother? I currently have none of the treasures for it.

The AK is now my favourite gun. Scoped in is awesome, but Eddys AK with the extra mods would be great.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
HERE WE GO:

Patch Video

Info:

- Elimination is back.
- New menu in custom games called "Advanced Settings" where you can change: The health, Buddy Spawning, Respawn Time, Sprinting, Weapon Mode, Kickbacks, Boosters, and Grenade Throwbacks.
- You'll be able to vote whether or not you want to play the "disgusting boring, bullshit cinematic sequences" of The Airstrip and London Underground now, so YAY! No more horrible train section.
- Long Ranger Medal reduced from 70 meters to 50 meters. Still takes three kills to get one.
- RAGE QUITTING addressed! If you quit, sign off PSN, your in-game statistics (Kills/Deaths) of the match you quit will be carried over and you will get a LOSS. YESSSSSSSSS :lol
- REMOVAL of Kills/Deaths in Objective based games (Plunder/Team Objective) counting for your in-game statistics. OMG. Hopefully this reduces the kill farmers!!
- Message of the Day from Uncharted 2 is back! So every time you log in, you'll get a message of what's happening, what's been added to keep you up to date.
- The Lab RETURNS. First Lab is Pistole/T-Bolt lab.

HOLY SHIT.

:bow

Darkatomz

HERE WE GO:

Patch Video

Info:

- Elimination is back.
- New menu in custom games called "Advanced Settings" where you can change: The health, Buddy Spawning, Respawn Time, Sprinting, Weapon Mode, Kickbacks, Boosters, and Grenade Throwbacks.
- You'll be able to vote whether or not you want to play the "disgusting boring, bullshit cinematic sequences" of The Airstrip and London Underground now, so YAY! No more horrible train section.
- Long Ranger Medal reduced from 70 meters to 50 meters. Still takes three kills to get one.
- RAGE QUITTING addressed! If you quit, sign off PSN, your in-game statistics (Kills/Deaths) of the match you quit will be carried over and you will get a LOSS.
- REMOVAL of Kills/Deaths in Objective based games (Plunder/Team Objective) counting for your in-game statistics. OMG. Hopefully this reduces the kill farmers!!
- Message of the Day from Uncharted 2 is back! So every time you log in, you'll get a message of what's happening, what's been added to keep you up to date.
- The Lab RETURNS. First Lab is Pistole/T-Bolt lab.

HOLY SHIT.

:bow
OMG YES!!!!! I can't believe they can actually silent-patch in the in-game variable tweak system!!!

jett

D-Member
OMG YES!!!!! I can't believe they can actually silent-patch in the in-game variable tweak system!!!

Pretty sure we're gonna have to download an update.

:lol At least they know how everyone feels about it. I would've just removed that. Seems like an interesting patch. I'll try out elimination and the lab for sure.

Mikey Jr.

Wow, great patch. The intro skip is a surprise, lol. Kinda sad they didnt do any weapon changes, but ohh well. Only thing i worry is with the extra playlists. There are so many already. Hopefully it wont fuck with the player pool too much.

Top Bottom