• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

I want to taunt over dead peoples bodies to get the medals.

But I also don't want to be a douche.

I'm at a crossroads.

it's a gameplay feature ..taunting is fine , as long as you don't do the d**kback thing many morons seems to love in other games...

Don't feel any remorse ..you need medals , it's part of the game ( heck sometimes you can get bullets too .. )

i'm fine with it.

Just got back into MP and did a bit better than I expected to. One question: how do you pick up/open treasure in MP?

There should be a promt ( TRIANGLE ) when you're in the right place and a treasure is available.

It's a small light dropped by ennemies or a glowing trophy chest

Himself

There should be a promt ( TRIANGLE ) when you're in the right place and a treasure is available.

It's a small light dropped by ennemies or a glowing trophy chest

Ohh...then what are those big treasure chests lying about? Just scenery/decoration? I thought THOSE were the treasures we were supposed to be collecting and it was driving me mad!

iLLmAtlc

Ohh...then what are those big treasure chests lying about? Just scenery/decoration? I thought THOSE were the treasures we were supposed to be collecting and it was driving me mad!

Treasure chests provide you with 3 medals for you to use your kickback. That's a new feature of the U3 multiplayer. Since you don't know about it I assume you have the RPG kickback set, you should see a counter on the top left when a match starts that says 0/10. That's the number of medals you have earned so far. Opening a treasure chest will give you +3 and your performance during the match will give you medals too (Double Kill, Streak, Commando, etc).

hao chi

I want to taunt over dead peoples bodies to get the medals.

But I also don't want to be a douche.

I'm at a crossroads.

If you use Daredevil some people will understand, I think. I haven't actually used it in a few months, but I did get the occasional person that would rage at me until I explained I was just getting ammo by dancing over their corpse.

Every now and then a chest will open, and it will be marked on your screen. You can grab the medals from it then.

The big treasure chests sometimes are glowing during a match AT this point you can get 3 medal from them ..medal are used with your kickbacks Bottom slot in the customize menu ..
Once you reach the set number of medal , you can activate it ( Up arrow )

If the big chest aren't glowing , ignore them..

Some chest are also used in plunder ..don't worry you'll get used to it.

BHK3

Banned
I'm honestly a little shocked at patch 1.11, I haven't seen actual good support from ND since like...the free fort map back in U2.

I'm honestly a little shocked at patch 1.11, I haven't seen actual good support from ND since like...the free fort map back in U2.

What I don't get this at all? A couple of free maps, the Lab, new gametypes, balance updates, glitch removals, a healthy dose of DLC and live updates. What more do you want?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks

UC3 support > UC2 support.

1.05 is all there needs to be said.

XxSlasherMcGirkxX, there is nothing free in UC3. Nothing. Unless you count Elimination coming back, which honestly should have been part of the playlist since day one.

arne, Evan:

All you need to do now is fix technical stuff like the marked man in Team Objective, treasure drop rates (seriously), lag, and LOOK INTO ASAP at the M9 ROF. Well, rate of fire in general. There is NO need for that mod whatsoever. You'd think you guys would have learned from the original beta with the overpowered RoF AK Also, tone down the aim assist for the G-MAL and FAL/Dragon...any weapon really. I hate...HATE how my reticle goes haywire every time there are two targets in front of me. It's like it doesn't know who it is going to follow. Completely ridiculous.

I also won't forgive you guys for making Cloaked Level 3 100% silent. Such bullshit that you backed down from your original statements of this game not having completely silent skins.

edit: tone a little bit down the blindfire accuracy for the M9. It's way too effective even if you don't have the blindfire accuracy mod. Make it like the AK where it's not really that effective unless you work for it.

AngryMoth

I'm not sure if this is just me being out of practise but it feels like the it's a lot harder to get grenade kills since I've come back. Did they increase the time they take to go off? Throwing them back actually seems like a viable option now.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I agree with your list of fixes, Rewrite, but I think the throwback range should also be reduced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_otq6ufFNLk

omg, this EXACT same thing happened to me too only in London Underground. And it's always the Mega Bomb that has the most range for a throwback. They really need to reduce the area for it. It's like the explosion range of the Mega Bomb is the area you're allowed for it to be thrown back, which should NOT be the case. When it happened to me, it was King of the Hill in the area by the train tracks in London Underground and three people were inside the hill. I threw it as far away as possible (so that my Mega Bomb wouldn't be thrown back) to kill them, but one of the guys grabbed it anyway and he wasn't anywhere near close to it. :|

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Weird thing happened tonight. I have had the DLC option toggle turned off for the past month or so, and not once have I ever late joined a map in the DLC player pool until tonight. I late joined a TDM in the Old Quarter and surprise surprise...nothing but GMAL. I lauged when I saw people have Cloaked Gold + Ping. The ultimate try hard combination. I also can't forget the amount of fucking quitting that happened in the match. I don't miss this DLC player pool at all. It's complete shit.

BHK3

Banned
What I don't get this at all? A couple of free maps wut, the Lab Something finally brought back from U2, new gametypes which...are...?, balance updates ok, glitch removals ok, until more gamebreaking ones get found and not get fixed like in U2, a healthy dose of DLC I love playing ports from u2 and live updates Oh how blessed are we. What more do you want?

I want good support ala new gametypes and new maps. Out of everything we've gotten so far we've gotten one single dlc pack with something new in, the latest map pack.

hao chi

I want good support ala new gametypes and new maps. Out of everything we've gotten so far we've gotten one single dlc pack with something new in, the latest map pack.

What about the Fort Co-op Adventure map pack?

Bwahaha. Seriously though, Naughty Dog, one Co-op Adventure map isn't a map pack. Misleading people like that is fucked up.

So I'm playing through it, and I'm at chapter 14. I must say, whoever thought it was a wonderful idea to make the guy with the light machine gun heavily armoured awhile sending in 1 guy with a shotgun and another heavily armoured guy is an asshole.

3TDM, the new Team Objective, regular Deathmatch (I could be mistaken on this one, I can't remeber if it was in U2) and Shade survival and Hunters are all new gametypes to Uncharted 3. There is a things as too many game types.

I would guess that around 50% of the players at any given time are playing TDM, 25% playing co-op arena/adventure and 20% playing plunder/objective and the remaining 5% playing whats left. And with a split DLC player base it's even more of a cluster fuck. When Elimination comes back do people really think people are going to be playing it after the first few weeks after it releases? It didn't seem like many played it that much in U2. That's probably why it wasn't included in U3 at first.

Then we have the Lab. The perfect change up for all. As long as it's being rotated in game types constantly, (I'm looking at you current U2!) every couple of weeks it should have something that everybody likes. RPGs only, Pistol Plunder, Snipers only ect. ect. You may not like them all but I'm willing to bet that there's a couple you like to play. IMO a good Lab is the only new game type we need.

As for maps. Yea a lot are recycled and changing the look doesn't make them any more new or exciting. We only got four new maps via DLC. I can see the argument where some may have thought that we should have gotten more NEW maps because ND WAS hyping them up since U2. In the end though I think we have a great number of maps and at the very least I never feel like I play the same map too much.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
So I'm playing through it, and I'm at chapter 14. I must say, whoever thought it was a wonderful idea to make the guy with the light machine gun heavily armoured awhile sending in 1 guy with a shotgun and another heavily armoured guy is an asshole.
that hardest section of the Game IMO

hao chi

Fun games with Rewrite and Xdye this morning. I hope this isn't taken the wrong way, but the best game was when Xdye had to leave halfway through our Objectives match, and it was late enough in the match that the game didn't replace him, so it was 4v5 for the last three rounds. We lost the Deathmatch and Treasure Hunter rounds, but our team pulled through and won Turf War to win the match. Rewrite and I did most of the heavy lifting, but even our randoms seemed to understand we only needed to protect two of the hills, and we won handily.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Fun games with Rewrite and Xdye this morning. I hope this isn't taken the wrong way, but the best game was when Xdye had to leave halfway through our Objectives match, and it was late enough in the match that the game didn't replace him, so it was 4v5 for the last three rounds. We lost the Deathmatch and Treasure Hunter rounds, but our team pulled through and won Turf War to win the match. Rewrite and I did most of the heavy lifting, but even our randoms seemed to understand we only needed to protect two of the hills, and we won handily.
I was going to post this exact same thing too, but I've been too busy at work that I didn't have any time to log in here until now.

Yes, that match was fucking amazing and that's when Xdye left. And why would it be taken the wrong way? It's true! After he left, we lost both the rounds you mentioned and the opposing team tied up the score. The deciding objective was Turf War and it was 4 vs. 5. It was the most intense fucking Turf War I've ever played. The other guys we were facing were good and there was one point where I thought we were going to lose because the other team had their shit together in points, but god damn we fucking came back and maintained all three zones protected and won the match. Fucking AMAZING, man. I will save that cinema for sure. We both ended up with a shitload of kills. I had 40 something and you almost had 40! We rocked that shit, homie!*

*Except Xdye because I know you'll read this. you suck, kthxbye. how does it feel like reading this and not be able to reply back? <3 you.

:lol

Mikey Jr.

Sounds like fun, guys.

Also, discovered this.

Cancelled PowerPlays:

-Sidearms Only

Other team can only use sidearms

Your team can only use sidearms

Reinforcements

Some friends have come to help

The enemy's friends have come to help

Elimination

Other team cannot respawn

Respawning disabled
------------------------------------------------

Elimination sounds terrible. Glad it got scrapped. Sidearms only could have been cool, and possibly replaced double damage? I wonder how much of a boost it would have given the other team. A good team can still dominate with sidearms.

Reinforcements though. Hmmmmm. I guess it would send a couple juggernauts into the match? I cant see them sending the weak soldier types.
Plus, I doubt it would have changed the flow of battle very much.

I guess mixing it up would be kinda cool.

1st powerplay would always be marked man, but then the second powerplay could be a tossup between exposed and reinforcement and the third a tossup between double damage and sidearms only?

Ohh God, you guys remember cursed?

Ohh Jesus. Hahaha, I just remembered that right now. What a clusterfuck that was.

hao chi

I was going to post this exact same thing too, but I've been too busy at work that I didn't have any time to log in here until now.

Yes, that match was fucking amazing and that's when Xdye left. And why would it be taken the wrong way? It's true! After he left, we lost both the rounds you mentioned and the opposing team tied up the score. The deciding objective was Turf War and it was 4 vs. 5. It was the most intense fucking Turf War I've ever played. The other guys we were facing were good and there was one point where I thought we were going to lose because the other team had their shit together in points, but god damn we fucking came back and maintained all three zones protected and won the match. Fucking AMAZING, man. I will save that cinema for sure. We both ended up with a shitload of kills. I had 40 something and you almost had 40! We rocked that shit, homie!*

*Except Xdye because I know you'll read this. you suck, kthxbye. how does it feel like reading this and not be able to reply back? <3 you.

:lol

I didn't think it would, but it could be interpreted as "We had the most awesome time as soon as that Xdye guy left! What a fun-vacuum Xdye is!" :p

jett

D-Member

Mr. Fix

Cool. So do we get any co-op adventure maps soon? :lol

Looking forward to elimo & custom rpg only sessions. Also, I'll add some of you and see if we can sync up for some UC3 time.

jett

D-Member
The pistole is indeed complete trash in this game. Awful range, awful spread, awful power. I shot someone with two bullets at medium-close range, did not kill the guy. T-bolt-only with the long reload time adds an interesting dynamic to the game though, you almost have enough time to rush someone with the pistole while he's reloading. But it's the complete opposite of the pistole, it's stupid overpowered. This isn't the pistole/sniper mode of yore. :|

TripOpt55

I'll give the lab and elimination a try. My ultimate dream patch for this game would be the complete removal of loadouts. For me that has been the true undoing of Uncharted multiplayer. Only thing it has brought forward is weapon unbalance and player annoyance. More is not better, but it seems the opposite was the overall mantra for this game.

I agree completely. Loadouts really hurt the multiplayer for me.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Nice! The patch has finally arrived. Woot woot. Can't wait to try out the lab. I've always disliked Elimination, but I'll give it a go too. Only six more hours left till I'm off work, ha.

Mikey Jr.

How does the new no intro thing work?

I hopped on, and the first map options were airport no intro and trainyard no intro.

No voting options for having them. Not that I would want to have them.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
It seems that the RQ fix still has a huge loophole:

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4697986?tstart=0

KDR whores can still inflate their stats!
I knew this would happen. Pre-lobby quitting will become rampant. The only thing that sucks about that is that when people quit in the lobby, sometimes you won't start a game or you'll get a black screen/spinning ring when the counter reaches zero because the match won't load. You'll get a loss for that. :(

Like I mentioned previously, the only thing that REALLY bothers me is getting a loss for any late join game I join. It's complete BS. Late joining shouldn't affect your W/L ratio.

Btw, where have you been at, tapantaola? I haven't seen you post on the ND forums for quite a while.

edit: downloading the patch. will come back to post thoughts on elimination/lab/changes.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Wtf, the maps, the way you hold your guns are inverted. Is this a bug or intentional? Feels weird as hell.

Top Bottom