• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

S1kkZ said:
i finished it a few hours ago. i think the ending is pretty good and better than uc2 ending. it feels a tiny bit rushed, mainly because there is no
annoying final boss battle
but to me, thats a good thing.
there is one thing that really pisses me off: no unlockabe cheats, costumes, characters and so on. nothing, nada.
What the fuck?

S1kkZ said:
i searched all the menus, i finished it on easy and normal, i found 60 hidden treasures and so far: nothing. the only thing you unlock is a ton of concept art and 4 making of videos. uc2 was so much better in terms of unlockables and replay value.
So you can't buy any new modes like you could in UC2?

No next gen filter mode? No gravity off mode? No reverse mode?

WTH!

spats

BeeDog said:
:/

Major bummer then. Messing around with the post-game cheats in UC2 was great, and it reeks of mismatched priorities if they removed something they simply could carry over from the previous game.

Arne could shed some light on this.

Activate the batsignal!

rhino4evr

WHAT!! No unlockables or cheats? That's part of what made playing through the game multiple times and finding all the treasures worth the effort. That's really disappointing

Salz01

S1kkZ said:
i finished it a few hours ago. i think the ending is pretty good and better than uc2 ending. it feels a tiny bit rushed, mainly because there is no
annoying final boss battle
but to me, thats a good thing.
there is one thing that really pisses me off: no unlockabe cheats, costumes, characters and so on. nothing, nada.

Is this true? You pullin mah leg? I can't run through the game as Chloe or Elena on my play through?

S1kkZ

pharmboy044 said:
So you can't buy any new modes like you could in UC2?

No next gen filter mode? No gravity off mode? No reverse mode?

WTH!
if it is there, its very well hidden. maybe you need to finish the game on hard or something (which i wont do, its already pretty frustrating on normal).

spats

Loudninja said:
He already said they are not in this time and they cant be patch in.

Oh.

Very disappointing.

At least somebody tell me if
doughnut Drake is in the game in some form.

Salz01

Loudninja said:
He already said they are not in this time and they cant be patch in.

This depresses me. Why take that feature out. It's part of what made UC2 so awesome. I'm a little bummed that it's out.

UrbanRats

S1kkZ said:
Oh, What in the fucking fuck Naughty Dog?!
I might get it for cheaper if true.
I know for a lot of people it's not a big deal, but i don't play online and playing with extra characters/modes was a big part of my replaying experience, so a big part of the game's value.

Bazhard

Banned
To people who have played and beat or just played a lot through maybe you can answer this for me
is there any "scary" moments? like the zombie stuff from UC1? the giant sasquash monsters didn't freak me out in UC2 but those damn zombies scared the shit out of me, i know UC3 has the beetle shit in one level but anything else?

Loudninja

Salz01 said:
This depresses me. Why take that feature out. It's part of what made UC2 so awesome. I'm a little bummed that it's out.
Bigger priorities most likely.

Its not as simple as taking something our or adding it.

BeeDog

GeoramA said:
No unlockables for the campaign? Seriously???

I guess multiplayer was a higher priority...smh

Yeah, fucking ridiculous.

ALL THE STUFF WAS FUCKING DONE, it's not like Uncharted 3 revamped the entire formula and forced them to come up with new cheats. Would be glad to hear a proper explanation on why this stuff's not in anymore.

UrbanRats said:
Oh, What in the fucking fuck Naughty Dog?!
I might get it for cheaper if true.
I know for a lot of people it's not a big deal, but i don't play online and playing with extra characters/modes was a big part of my replaying experience, so a big part of the game's value.
It's a big deal to me too and I probably need to wait to get it cheaper as well, not only did they make changes for the worse with the multiplayer from the beta but removing features from the last game as well? there's no reason for it.

S1kkZ

Bazhard said:
To people who have played and beat or just played a lot through maybe you can answer this for me
is there any "scary" moments? like the zombie stuff from UC1? the giant sasquash monsters didn't freak me out in UC2 but those damn zombies scared the shit out of me, i know UC3 has the beetle shit in one level but anything else?
nothing really scary, no. but other cool atmospheric stuff

Loudninja

BeeDog said:
Yeah, fucking ridiculous.

ALL THE STUFF WAS FUCKING DONE, it's not like Uncharted 3 revamped the entire formula and forced them to come up with new cheats. Would be glad to hear a proper explanation on why this stuff's not in anymore.
What do you mean by done?

spats

I understand that they risk breaking a lot of stuff if they try to patch in big stuff like that post-release but they shouldn't take the spark of hope away from us by completely denying it. :(

MGS4 trophy patch, I still believe.

Why would they remove those things? I loved screwing around in the brown filter and bloom filter. Loved picking whatever gun I wanted. That sucks so much.

UrbanRats

SuperSonic1305 said:
No unlockables?! *cancels 20 preorders*
Well, when it's the difference between one playthrough and 2 or 3, it makes sense.
And it's not like there's nothing else coming out, so you have to choose where to spend your money.
I'm not gonna pay a 8hrs game i play one time every 3 years, full price, but that's just me, ofcourse.

Salz01

I probably played more around with the unlockables than I played with multiplayer. And I played multiplayer a lot.

S1kkZ

UrbanRats said:
Well, when it's the difference between one playthrough and 2 or 3, it makes sense.
And it's not like there's nothing else coming out, so you have to choose where to spend your money.
thats true. the sp is fantastic but without all the unlockables, there is really no reason to play it again. and since i dont care for mp or coop, its a big bummer.

sp is 8 hours long btw (thats what the ingame clock says).

EloquentM

aka Mannny
S1kkZ said:
thats true. the sp is fantastic but without all the unlockables, there is really no reason to play it again. and since i dont care for mp or coop, its a big bummer.

What difficulty were you playing on?

Salz01

S1kkZ said:

You know how you felt when you first found out there is no Santa or Easter bunny, that's how I feel.

Oppo

Laughing at the rage over lack of Fat Drake. Those weren't features, they were dumb little Easter eggs. Fun but geez, hardly essential.

Pranay

S1kkZ said:

Co Op is brillaint

UrbanRats

PortTwo said:
Laughing at the rage over lack of Fat Drake. Those weren't features, they were dumb little Easter eggs. Fun but geez, hardly essential.
Ofcourse i'm more than happy to keep my preorder, if you're paying for it. :p

Gonna try to pick up the game today. I'm upset that I won't be playing the MP at all considering they ruined it from launch UC2, but should have a great time with the SP.

rhino4evr

Unlocking all the weapons, cheats, finding treasures, completeing achievements is what made a 10 hour game feel like a 30 hour game. I don't care about Multi player ..this is a huge negative to me.

And by the way I never even used "Fat Drake" their we're a lot of fun and cool cheats in Uncharted 2.

GeoramA

PortTwo said:
I enjoyed them and now they're gone. I shouldn't be angry about that?

S1kkZ

EloquentM said:
You should play it on hard to extend your playtime :p
no way. the game has some very frustrating fights on normal, i can only imagine what a pain in the ass they are on normal.

Pranay

upJTboogie said:
"We have a special little treat for you fortune hunters out there, you can use your muliplayer skin packs in the single player too!"

Oh well

if the SP is great , ill end up buying

Top Bottom