• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

EloquentM

aka Mannny
S1kkZ said:
no way. the game has some very frustrating fights on normal, i can only imagine what a pain in the ass they are on normal.
Lol that sounds awesome! I only play uncharted on hard or crushing so I'm excited to experience these frustrating sequences first hand.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I never play on lower difficulty because I want to fully enjoy the first playthrough. I'll start this on hard once I get the game.

Wait, so no unlocks at all?

Can't spawn with any weapons? Infinite ammo?

What a disappointment. I had a lot of fun with buying unlocks in UC2 then playing around with them. I don't like this.

UrbanRats

upJTboogie said:
Oh no it wasn't an actual quote. It's just what I expect them to say when the skins come out.
Oh, but thinking about it, that would've been even worse, probably: "yeah we removed that stuff, so now you have to buy it".
-
Anyhow, i think i'll direct my preorder into something else now, but it's not to say i'll never play Uncharted 3, i'll pick it up sometime in 2012, no doubt.
Unfortunately, rental is not really viable around these parts.

Irish

All games need to have a 'Developer's Choice' difficulty option. That would be the difficulty that the game was intended to be played through on. I mean, that is what I generally assume normal to be, but it would be better having it clarified.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
EloquentM said:
That's boring haha. Where's your sense of challenge?
My sense of challenge is found in other video games. I play Uncharted for the spectacle.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
S1kkZ said:
there is one thing that really pisses me off: no unlockabe cheats, costumes, characters and so on. nothing, nada.

That is pretty damn disappointing. Naughty Dog was one of the few developers that made 'trophies' actually worth something. I enjoyed their in-game currency to unlock toys to play with during single player.

UrbanRats

Irish said:
All games need to have a 'Developer's Choice' difficulty option. That would be the difficulty that the game was intended to be played through on. I mean, that is what I generally assume normal to be, but it would be better having it clarified.
"Normal" seems pretty explicit to me.

Irish

UrbanRats said:
"Normal" seems pretty explicit to me.

That is what I tend to believe as well, but then I'll hear later on in an interview or something that "we balanced the game for the ______ difficulty (which is something other than normal)."

Irish said:
Nah, the concept art and videos are still in the game. Those are the things I always cared about anyway.
Do you still unlock stuff the same way?
So it's the model replacement system that's gone?

Weird. Why?

Irish said:
That is what I tend to believe as well, but then I'll hear later on in an interview or something that "we balanced the game for the ______ difficulty (which is something other than normal)."
Yeah, Heroic has always been the dev recommendation for the Halo series.
Similar to Hardcore in Gears of War.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
No unlockables? Does this game still not have relics to collect? If so, then what is the point?

Hate to think I may actually just redbox this game. Not seeing much incentive for a purchase beyond that first story run. (Not at all a competitive MP player).

Loudninja said:
Why? they already said no single player DLC.
I wasn't completely serious, but at the same time their plans for no DLC could change over time. They may not have the manpower to make a full SP DLC but they definitely have the capability to put MP skins in SP as well.

Rengoku

Loudninja said:
So is it true that the game is like 40GB?

45.42 GB

Edit: Like Killzone 3, the disc also has to hold the 3D version of the cutscenes, so essentially theres 2 copies of pre-recorded cutscene video on there.

Yamibito

Brandon F said:
No unlockables? Does this game still not have relics to collect? If so, then what is the point?

Hate to think I may actually just redbox this game. Not seeing much incentive for a purchase beyond that first story run. (Not at all a competitive MP player).
There's still treasures, calm down. The co-op will probably fantastic if you have friends to play it with as well.

Pranay

Brandon F said:

umm Co Op ?

and their are collectable

just no skins

rhino4evr

I am already gameflying as I don't have the cash right now, but I was seriously considering "keeping it" as I played through the 2nd game like 4 times finding all the treasurers and unlockables. I have to say I am REALLY surprised they aren't in this game. It was one of my favorite parts of both games, almost like a New Game+

Like someone else said, they probably spent that extra time working on Multiplayer.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Sinthetic said:
Some people don't want to have an amazing experience messed up (the first time) by replaying some section 100 times.
People die on hard? It's easy to stay alive on hard. The difficulty just requires cover and patience instead of running around like a chicken with its head cut off shooting everywhere.

Irish

Zeouterlimits said:
Do you still unlock stuff the same way?
So it's the model replacement system that's gone?

Weird. Why?

Oh that's just what I read in one of the posts here, so I can't actually confirm for myself.

Zeouterlimits said:
Yeah, Heroic has always been the dev recommendation for the Halo series.
Similar to Hardcore in Gears of War.

Yeah, since I usually only play through games once* for the 'experience,' I like to know ahead of time what difficulty I should play it on to get the most out of it.

*I'll sometimes play through a series again for story purposes when a later sequel is about to come out.

Hands down, unlockables were 90% of what made UC2 such a great game.

Without those unlockables UC2 would have been less than half of the game it is now and 7/10. Might as well have been a downloadable title on PSN for $14.99.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If I'm correct, PS3 games are usually huge as the data storage size of BluRays means developers can basically forgo compressing all the assets and leave everything raw and in highest quality right on the disk. That and if the pre-rendered video is of high quality it would take up a pretty substantial amount of space.

Loudninja

EloquentM said:
People die on hard? It's easy to stay alive on hard. The difficulty just requires cover and patience instead of running around like a chicken with its head cut off shooting everywhere.
Its not like that for everyone.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
LowEndTorque said:

Without those unlockables UC2 would have been less than half of the game it is now and 7/10. Might as well have been a downloadable title on PSN for $14.99.
Lol at first I didn't detect your sarcasm. Nice.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Just finished chapter 7. Time to take a break or i will finish the game in one sitting.

For anyone who finished it already, what is your total time ?

LowEndTorque said:

You must be joking....right?

EDIT: seems my sarcasm meter is broken today

Sinthetic

EloquentM said:

I'm amazing at games, but I still want to do my first run annoyance free. Different strokes.

Pranay_ said:
No offence to others but most are over reacting now
It's not going to diminish the enjoyment of that first SP run whatsoever, but it absolutely takes away from the game's replayability (not to mention there's no longer an incentive to collect all of the treasures for people who don't care about trophies).

Loudninja

Kandrick said:
Just finished chapter 7. Time to take a break or i will finish the game in one sitting.

For anyone who finished it already, what is your total time ?
One person said 8 another one said 10.

badcrumble said:
It's not going to diminish the enjoyment of that first SP run whatsoever, but it absolutely takes away from the game's replayability (not to mention there's no longer an incentive to collect all of the treasures for people who don't care about trophies).
Eh that was never the reason for me to collect the treasures.

I did it because I found searching for them fun and I enjoy look at the different artifacts.

Top Bottom