• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I just finished the game in one play session. Yeah i just couldn't stop playing it. I ... I'm speechless. It was so unbelievable fucking amazing. One holy shit moment after another. You keep asking yourself how the fuck are they doing this?

WebScud

d0c_zaius said:
It did not. This is one of the things we changed from U1/U2 to U3. Also, wassup WebScud from the NDI boards!

What's up! Do you have a different handle over there? Are you Zod in disguise? :)

I only played a little bit on Crushing so far, leap frogging Hard, and it feels good. I haven't felt like I was hit with a cheap kill yet. It almost feels like the enemies take less damage than U1/U2, but Drake takes more in a way that scales more realistically. I could be imagining that.

arne

baekshi said:
Arne, I can't find the subway stuff in the full game. Any idea on that?

No subway stuff in the full game. Did you unlock any subway specific items from the promotion though?

rhino4evr

Sn4ke_911 said:
I just finished the game in one play session. Yeah i just couldn't stop playing it. I ... I'm speechless. It was so unbelievable fucking amazing. One holy shit moment after another. You keep asking yourself how the fuck are they doing this?
What was your play time?

Damn, one session, that's just nuts.

Sn4ke_911

rhino4evr said:
What was your play time?

Damn, one session, that's just nuts.
Playtime: 7 hours, 10 minutes. I seriously can't describe in words how good this game is. I feel like playing it again. Please people buy this game!!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Sn4ke_911 said:
Not sure. I think it was roughly 10 hours. I seriously can't describe in words how good this game is. I feel like playing it again. Please people buy this game!!

Damn. I only took me
7 hours and 28 minutes
on hard difficulty.

Grisby

arne said:
Well, the studio is pretty empty today, but that question of what could get patched in has been raised by a few of us if it's at all possible. Although that is specific to the cutscene viewer. Everything else I know has no chance to getting patched in, since that entire system of SP game modifications isn't present to begin with.
Hey Arne could you explain what all is coming over from the mp subway dealio-o yo? Like cash, levels, etc?

Sn4ke_911

Wario64 said:
Damn. I only took me
7 hours and 28 minutes
on hard difficulty.
Yeah i edited it. Just looked it up. It was 7 hours 10 minutes. I thought it was more but in no way did i felt the game was too short.

arne

Grisby said:
Hey Arne could you explain what all is coming over from the mp subway dealio-o yo? Like cash, levels, etc?

Level will carry over.
Cash will carry over.

At lv 35 in the Subway promotion, you stop accumulating XP, so you won't flip over to the retail game and ding up a ton of levels if you've kept playing. At best you have a surplus of cash.

I am fairly sure some of the Subway specific stuff (hat, t-shirt, etc) carry over, but won't carry the Subway branding. I'll look into that.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Kabuki Waq said:
best looking 3d game on ps3. Having said that 2d blows it away. damn soooo good.

So 2D > 3D?

I couldn't help but think that this game was made for 3D. What I mean is that there are scenes that are clearly aimed for 3D, just like how you watch a movie with in your face 3D moments. There's a lot of em in Uncharted 3. A little distracting but the camera angles are still interesting enough

Grisby

arne said:
Level will carry over.
Cash will carry over.

At lv 35 in the Subway promotion, you stop accumulating XP, so you won't flip over to the retail game and ding up a ton of levels if you've kept playing. At best you have a surplus of cash.

I am fairly sure some of the Subway specific stuff (hat, t-shirt, etc) carry over, but won't carry the Subway branding. I'll look into that.
Hey thanks a lot man. Kudos on the series as a whole.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
thuway said:
Stupid post is stupid.

If you read some of the articles about the dev cycle on this game, you'll realize they've been working to the bone till the very last day. They pushed gold back a week. Top tier AAA games with massive, expansive, single players are not easy to do in two years.

2-year cycle didn't prevent them from putting SP unlockables in Uncharted 2.

I'm getting towards the end of it, and I may be the voice of dissenting opinion, but I think I like Uncharted 2 better. U3 is an awesome game, don't get me wrong, but there haven't been a lot of "holy shit!" moments. I think it's partly because I didn't do a strong enough media blackout. People who don't know what's coming will find it amazing I'm sure, but I feel like the commercials/trailers showed off some of the best parts of the game and I already went "holy shit!" when I saw the commercial/trailer.

That being said, the visuals are absolutely incredible. Definitely the best-looking game this generation. Like, I'm in serious awe of all the lighting/animation/etc. details. The environments have blown me away and from a technical standpoint, this definitely wins hands down.

Irish

Kagari said:
Anyone know of anyplace in Indianapolis area selling it early?

This is something that I would like to know as well. If someone finds some early copies here in Indy, I need to know immediately.

AgentChris said:
1.05 happened. All Uncharted 2 MP players are bitter.

Damn...

RyanardoDaVinci said:
Damn straight!

Son of a bitch!

Hypereides

Gold Member
Akkad said:
And you bend over and take it in the ass with no complaints, congratulations!

Well played, some times I forget Im talking to obsessive gamers, my bad brah.

I mean, you got Co-op and MP to keep you occupied but that surely aint enough.

Shadow780 said:
So I guess the one-hit-kill in Crushing doesn't work anymore?

You couldn't do that to beat Crushing in 1/2, you had to first beat whatever difficulty to use the cheats/bonuses in it.

It sucks that the stuff had to be removed; I loved playing through with just a pistol and 1-hit-kill enabled, made it seem more realistic to not pump guys full of bullets.

Irish said:
Son of a bitch!

Muah-ah-ah-ah!

Ahh, the benefits of having no life...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Irish said:
This is something that I would like to know as well. If someone finds some early copies here in Indy, I need to know immediately.

Yes *_*

Maybe Meijer is selling it early lol

DigiMish

hey_it's_that_dog said:
2-year cycle didn't prevent them from putting SP unlockables in Uncharted 2.

If you read the interviews, Uncharted 3 was even harder than UC2 to squeeze into the 2 year dev cycle.

More content multiplayer wise, be it co-op or versus is infinitely better than replaying the single player with trinkets like different skins and mirror worlds.

arne said:
Those game modifying unlockables kept breaking the game no matter what we tried to make it all stable. We have been pushing the engine really hard this time around, and some sequences - cruise ship comes to mind - were especially challenging.

arne said:
Not sure actually. I'm looking into that.

It was all part of the same "system" in a way. Being able to change a lot of things around in a way that wasn't part of the main game started to pile up bugs and break the game, it wasn't just a physics thing or mirrorworld.

Thanks for the quick reply, Arne. If that's the case, it's fine. I just thought it was really odd that it was cut, but if it was actively causing problems then I don't mind too much.

Just finished the game on hard. Took me around 12 hours total and I will be replaying it again this weekend...and again the whole next week. Have to run out for Halloween now but I had to get it out to all the folk who just want the game to live up to their expectations, ND pulled it off..and then some! :)

Any questions, feel free to ask & I'll get back by tomorrow.

Happy Halloween GAF!

Good lord the cruise ship bit. By the end of it I was standing up grinning like an idiot.

cackhyena

So the last boss was either a pain to do the way they wanted, or a cake walk/cheese fest by hanging off the edge of the platform in 2. Anything as frustrating this go around?

cackhyena said:
So the last boss was either a pain to do the way they wanted, or a cake walk/cheese fest by hanging off the edge of the platform in 2. Anything as frustrating this go around?

I was about to ask someone to PM with me with some info about the final boss, like if it sucks like Uncharted 2's.

A cutscene viewer patch would be really nice. My wife and I plan on going through one and two's cutscenes over the weekend to catch up. How are we going to do that when 4 is ready to release if three is gimped? Haha.

Ricky_R

arne said:
Well, the studio is pretty empty today, but that question of what could get patched in has been raised by a few of us if it's at all possible. Although that is specific to the cutscene viewer. Everything else I know has no chance to getting patched in, since that entire system of SP game modifications isn't present to begin with.

That's great to hear... I hope you guys can patch it in.

WebScud

arne said:
From what I can tell, the Subway Drake skin unlocks Red Shirt Drake (Baseball Jersey Drake) and the Subway Hats unlock Custom Logo Hats. The Subway Villain Shirt unlocks the Custom Logo Villain Shirt. I'd imagine the same is true for the Hero version, but I wasn't lucky enough to score one of those codes. I don't don't know what happens with the Footlong Taunt, either.

Solo said:
7 hours on your first playthrough? Damn, shortest Uncharted yet it would seem.

My first play through, on Normal, was 8:59:59.

cackhyena

It probably took me at least 12 hours in 2. I was looking for a lot of the secrets and stuff, though. I'm sure taking your time will net you similar times.

GeoramA

DigiMish said:
More content multiplayer wise, be it co-op or versus is infinitely better than replaying the single player with trinkets like different skins and mirror worlds.
For you, maybe. For people only interested in the campaign, it's a big kick in the nuts.

If you just run through at a somewhat brisk pace, not collecting/actively searching for treasures, 7hrs is pretty expected.

U1/U2 took me over 10hrs each the first time because I look for them shines!

Top Bottom