• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 Spoilers Thread

Pranay

Since Many Gaffers have been playing and few of them have finished it. Thought it would be better and appropriate to have a spoiler thread as most of them would love to discuss the game story and other elements and others in the OT thread would not like to be spoiled.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
What did you guys think of the final boss this time? Wasnt a supernatural boss and it was pretty straight forward. I think it was a nice change this time. I wished the last part was a bit longer though. Felt like it ended too quickly.

ced

I want to know what the supernatural twist is, you know like Nazi monsters or immortal purple men.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
ced said:
I want to know what the supernatural twist is, you know like Nazi monsters or immortal purple men.

There's almost none. It's a drugged up effect where enemies get revived with fire and teleport, but you later find out that you were in a hallucination. There aren't any 'monsters' this time.

ced

Wario64 said:
There's almost none. It's a drugged up effect where enemies get revived with fire and teleport, but you later find out that you were in a hallucination.

Are you serious? I loved that in the series and was really looking forward to some supernatural desert thing.

S1kkZ

Wario64 said:
What did you guys think of the final boss this time? Wasnt a supernatural boss and it was pretty straight forward. I think it was a nice change this time. I wished the last part was a bit longer though. Felt like it ended too quickly.
it wasnt really a bossfight, more like a qte. i was afraid that i had to fight more of the telport fuckers. i hated them, so unfair.

blondie was totally useless btw and i think talbot was not human or had some supernatural background.

baekshi

Banned
ced said:
i loved this part, it was hard but then i was doing it on hard lol

and theres no last boss final fight, if you count making it out safe a fight.. then so be it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
S1kkZ said:
it wasnt really a bossfight, more like a qte. i was afraid that i had to fight more of the telport fuckers. i hated them, so unfair.

blondie was totally useless btw and i think talbot was not human or had some supernatural background.

Yeah, it was pretty much a glorified QTE. Well, that was just the nature of the melee combat system. I disliked that they tell you when to press triangle on every counter attack. I'm guessing Crushing takes that out?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
firehawk12 said:
Oh, so the boss fight is not the bullshit arena grenade spam garbage from UC2? Thank god.

Yeah, it's not a bullshit boss fight like previous ones (though UC2 was a bit better). This is just straight up melee combat. Reminds me a bit of MGS1/4, heh.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wario64 said:
Yeah, it's not a bullshit boss fight like previous ones (though UC2 was a bit better). This is just straight up melee combat. Reminds me a bit of MGS1/4, heh.
Man, if you were fighting Liquid Drake, then it would be GOTY!

baekshi

Banned
I'm having a problem here.. I'm doing it on Crushing right now, and I can't pick up ammos.

Is this what it suppose to happen? :(

WebScud

Wario64 said:
Yeah, it was pretty much a glorified QTE. Well, that was just the nature of the melee combat system. I disliked that they tell you when to press triangle on every counter attack. I'm guessing Crushing takes that out?

Correct. On Crushing, the QTE notifications are missing.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
WebScud said:
Correct. On Crushing, the QTE notifications are missing.

Just started my playthrough and it's way better without QTE notifications.

Also, I'm able to pick up ammo. Sounds like this game is pretty buggy. I had to restart my checkpoint on the last battle because Drake was clipped into the ground and couldn't move.

Shadow780

The way they set up leading to Aram I really thought they're gonna do Mummy rip offs later in the end. The dead body in the chateau had me thinking that they're gonna have mummy enemies later on.

I don't know about the water as the big twist, seemed a little weak.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Shadow780 said:
The way they set up leading to Aram I really thought they're gonna do Mummy rip offs later in the end. The dead body in the chateau had me thinking that they're gonna have mummy enemies later on.

Probably a red herring. I think they wanted to change it up this time, which I welcome'd with open arms. I could go without the fake twists though (Sully/Nathan getting shot/killed when they weren't really)

Speaking of which, what was exactly that artifact that they were extracting?

Shadow780

Wario64 said:

No idea, find out in Uncharted 4!

I definitely welcome minimizing paranormal stuffs this time around, but the water didn't do it for me.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Wario64 said:

It hold a Genie

I posted these question in the other thread before I knew of this one, maybe one of you can chime in. What was up with Elena's and Drake's ring? Why was Talbot so attach to Marlowe? What drove Marlowe to want to poison everyone's water aside for being part of a cult?

It did seem like they hold some stuff for a Uncharted 4, like Drake's real name..

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Marius_ said:
It hold a Genie

I posted these question in the other thread before I knew of this one, maybe one of you can chime in. What was up with Elena's and Drake's ring? Why was Talbot so attach to Marlowe? What drove Marlowe to want to poison everyone's water aside for being part of a cult?

It did seem like they hold some stuff for a Uncharted 4, like Drake's real name..
I thought the ring part was self explanatory, they got married but Drake's obsession caused a wedge between them that eventually led to their separation. Elena held on to her ring after they split while Sully held on to Drake's ring after Drake tossed it.

cnizzle06

Banned
You guys notice the spoiler thread?

I just know I'm going to just accidentally wonder into it one of these...oh son of a bitch!

Toki767

Shadow780 said:
How come Talbot didn't get killed by Charlie's bullet? I thought he's gonna turn into one of those Djinn thing too.
I was wondering that myself. Unless you were seeing Charlie's hallucination.

So do you guys think Nathan and Elena are married or engaged or what?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Shadow780 said:
How come Talbot didn't get killed by Charlie's bullet? I thought he's gonna turn into one of those Djinn thing too.
Same, I really hope he comes back for U4 so they can tell his backstory.

Shadow780 said:

Yea that part stuck out too. I assumed that Charlie was still hallucinating at that point, just not as overt (as it similarly happened to Drake as well)

Also, talk about hating villians, I felt robbed with Marloe.

Digishine

Banned
the game is buggy it feels a bit that they had to rush to release it.
Also the end boss was weak if we see Uncharted 2 end boss.

Penguin

The battle was okay, but I wasn't a huge fan of the big brawl scenes throughout the game. Especially coming off of Arkham City.

Also, I HATED Chapter 18. I get what they are going for, but just wandering around a desert for 10 minutes isn't exactly thrilling for me.

What I want to know is, why did Marlowe want the big hallucinogenic thingy when they already had those other hallucinogenic thingies that did basically the same thing.

Toki767

Incendiary said:
What I want to know is, why did Marlowe want the big hallucinogenic thingy when they already had those other hallucinogenic thingies that did basically the same thing.
She wasn't after that. She was after the Djinn.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Digishine said:
the game is buggy it feels a bit that they had to rush to release it.
Also the end boss was weak if we see Uncharted 2 end boss.
LOL! One of the most polished games ever made.

IMHO the ship graveyard is the weakest part of the game. I actually didn't really like the whole part with Rameses tbh even tho the ocean and the 90° turned big ass cruise were awesome.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Mailenstein said:
IMHO the ship graveyard is the weakest part of the game. I didn't really like the whole part with Rameses tbh even tho the ocean and the 90° turned big add cruise were awesome.

I agree, i hated the ship graveyard. That's my only complain.

Wow, I thought the ship graveyard had the best shootouts in the game, so many possibilites.

Final boss was awesome too, really nice fighting while everything is collapsing.

And no supernatural stuff this time, only halluzinations, I think that was a good solution.

noah111

Still Alive
So what parts are in Syria? I'm currently there irl, and won't be able to play UC3 probably until next year (when I get my PS3 back). Kinda cool to have 'your' country in a game.

Also, good news on the no-supernatural stuff.

Tryckser said:
Wow, I thought the ship graveyard had the best shootouts in the game, so many possibilites.

Final boss was awesome too, really nice fighting while everything is collapsing.

And no supernatural stuff this time, only halluzinations, I think that was a good solution.

I know, I loved the ship yard too! Was just diving about pulling dudes to their watery graves and then sneaking about snapping necks. Final boss was nice but they did leave some questions up in the air. What's Tablots deal? Nate/Sully relationship in bit more detail/Elenas ring (Divorced/Spilt/Married?)

dreamfall

I just loved Chapter 18 so much- that desert. God damn, I kept thinking "hell, Drake might die right here!" I'm not sure how I feel about the story- the motivations for Marlowe and Talbot seem a little understated, and Salim was so awesome but the relationship progressed to the ending so quickly!

protonion

Until half-way in the game, the characters were like "why are we doing this", "this is too big for us", "is it worth it?" and so on. They even accused Drake of selfishness. And Marlowe did something similar for Sully (maybe just to manipulate Drake).

But in the end no answers were given to these questions!

Unless the final scene with Elena meant that Drake realised that he was wrong all this time and from now on he will have other priorities in his life...

im surprised people didnt like the ship graveyard, that was one of my favorite parts. So many ways to approach the fights plus the water looked beautiful! I love that they focused more on platforming and puzzles this time but I think if they decided to do that that they should have made the platforming more difficult and gave you more ways to approach it. It was fine for te first two games simply because shooting was the most important aspect and easy platforming was a nice break from difficult fights. But now that they changed it, it shows the flaws of the the auto platforming and made it a little boring at times.

that said, the caravan part with the horses was truly a sight to behold, by far my favorite set piece out of the entire series! I would say the cruiseship is second to that, then the chase in Yemen third. The plane sequence was cool too but I got spoiled at the AMC event and wished it was an actual level like the train and was longer.

I liked that sully got killed and wished they kept it, it got me motivated and pissed off. What about you guys?

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
protonion said:
Until half-way in the game, the characters were like "why are we doing this", "this is too big for us", "is it worth it?" and so on. They even accused Drake of selfishness. And Marlowe did something similar for Sully (maybe just to manipulate Drake).

But in the end no answers were given to these questions!

Unless the final scene with Elena meant that Drake realised that he was wrong all this time and from now on he will have other priorities in his life...

It definitively felt like that. Especially after Marlowe tells Drake that Sully doesn't care for him yet he goes to rescue him and never question him. I think Amy(Creative Director) wanted to dwell with most of these characters and was going there but somebody told her they needed to finish the game, makes sense seeing how the third act went.

Top Bottom