• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 Subway Beta Sharing Thread: Subcharted Frontiers By Subway

Christ, you people complain about everything. You get to play the game one month early for essentially nothing. Don't want location "spoilers", don't watch. Simple.

Also, someone please give me a code!

Limanima

Rez said:
Buying a drink at Subway for a multiplayer code seems practically silly and also highly ineffective from a marketing perspective for all involved.

This. I don't get who's paying who.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Shig said:
Within a week of the game being out, there will be been thousands of people who will be higher-ranked than than 95% of the other players will ever be anyway. It's not really that big a deal.

Ensuring that a couple hundred people never buy the game is preferable to giving millions a people a taste and making them want it more (or at all)? Ho-kay.
They only give out a few hundred or thousand copies of the games anyway, and they're not easy to obtain since they require you to actually *gasp buy Subway products consistently. Any fool has a dollar to spend on a drink, there will be far more people at level bullshit than if they do a game giveaway. So when legit, non Subway consumers get the game day one, they are already at a far disadvantage.

I also agree it doesn't make sense that a drink purchase gives you early access, what kind of promo is that?

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Awe, I want in! May have to ask one of my US friends to get a code for me too. I don't think it's going to be that easy though.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Mikey Jr. said:
I'll be honest. I will be SHOCKED if this isn't game shareable, or there aren't codes by the thousands just given away by website/twitter/etc.

I fully expect this to happen.

Man, fuck leveling-up MP bullshit games.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
So, what? America will have a full month's advantage over the rest of the world because these promotions never come over?

I didn't really like U3's MP, but that doesnt make this any less stupid...

iNvid02

US only, im gonna have to find a way to get this, loved the mp too much
amerigaf wanna buy me a drink :D

vader.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
H_Prestige said:
Christ, you people complain about everything. You get to play the game one month early for essentially nothing. Don't want location "spoilers", don't watch. Simple.

Also, someone please give me a code!

Yup, I won't play the MP and by the time the retail games come out, my level 1 character will be battling multiple XXX levels on day one. Sounds fun!

I'll be sure to use my PSN PASS so the next person who buys my used copy has to pay $10 to get screwed.

FHIZ

CozMick said:
You lucky, LUCKY American barstads. :\
You call eating a subway sandwich lucky?

I'd dispute that.

Oh well... time to get a BMT... I mean, they're cured meats... they can't screw those up, right?

Dragon

Banned
Wario64 said:
I fully expect this to happen.

Man, fuck leveling-up MP bullshit games.

Considering you're probably getting the game on Goozex and not even supporting Naughty Gods why the fuck are you really complaining anyway? Seriously you people will complain about ANYTHING even free access to a multiplayer component of a game a month early. Unreal.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
TheBranca18 said:
Considering you're probably getting the game on Goozex and not even supporting Naughty Gods why the fuck are you really complaining anyway? Seriously you people will complain about ANYTHING even free access to a multiplayer component of a game a month early. Unreal.

Thanks for generalizing my purchasing decisions, this makes my complaint less valid.

Wario64 said:
Yup, I won't play the MP and by the time the retail games come out, my level 1 character will be battling multiple XXX levels on day one. Sounds fun!

I'll be sure to use my PSN PASS so the next person who buys my used copy has to pay $10 to get screwed.
So start playing along with everyone else. You really think there won't be a surplus of codes floating around with how easy it is to get one?

And besides, doesn't this game match you against players of similar level? I know UC2 does.

Sullichin

Lots of complaining for a free multiplayer component of a game. I think this is an awesome promotion. Sure, they should probably reset the stats on launch, but I dont think its a big deal either way. There will still be a ton of new players, plus it didn't take long in the beta for me to level up enough to get the weapons/perks I wanted. Plus I'm getting the subway promo so who cares :p

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
H_Prestige said:
So start playing along with everyone else. You really think there won't be a surplus of codes floating around with how easy it is to get one?

And besides, doesn't this game match you against players of similar level? I know UC2 does.

But you told me not to watch (?) this MP early access to avoid spoilers....I'm so confused!

TheBranca18 said:
I said probably. Am I wrong? Your complaint is stupid anyway.

How is it stupid?

snap0212

TheBranca18 said:
Seriously you people will complain about ANYTHING even free access to a multiplayer component of a game a month early. Unreal.
I agree... because they're giving free access to everybody and not only to certain people who buy stuff at a certain location and also don't limit this promotion to one single country.

Irish

Trust me... if you want to play the game, you will be able to play. There will be tons of codes out there and tons of shared accounts.

Wario64 said:
But you told me not to watch (?) this MP early access to avoid spoilers....I'm so confused!
So you were going to play through the SP before touching MP? You know a fuck load of people would get to level XXX by then right?

Seriously, one month is nothing. It's not going to suddenly make it impossible for day 1 purchasers to play online. There's going to be a bunch of guys who are skilled, a bunch of guys who suck, and everyone in between. Just like there would be without this early access.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
H_Prestige said:
So you were going to play through the SP before touching MP? You know a fuck load of people would get to level XXX by then right?

Seriously, one month is nothing. It's not going to suddenly make it impossible for day 1 purchasers to play online. There's going to be a bunch of guys who are skilled, a bunch of guys who suck, and everyone in between. Just like there would be without this early access.

I don't think people will have a big advantage within 10 hours (or realistically, a day). And that's absurd to compare to a FULL MONTH of early access to the length of a SP campaign. Considering the BS perks that Uncharted MP has, I don't see how this early access is nothing. I'll admit I don't know what all the perks are (have they even revealed them all?) but I'm already expecting people to see through walls and have cheap perks before the game is even out.

So are they giving out the codes now with a drink or do the codes start appearing on drinks at the end of September? I saw the date for the start of MP but I didn't see a date for when they would have the codes in the stores.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
There really isn't any confirmation that the codes will actually work a full month before the game comes out.

The promotion starting the 29th means a large chunk of stores won't have the cups in (if they ever get them) until a week after. Just because they start giving out the codes on the 29th doesn't mean they're activated on the 29th. I know none of the subways near me will even bother getting the codes because they've never done any of the other Sony crap before.

Irish

Wario64 said:
I don't think people will have a big advantage within 10 hours (or realistically, a day). And that's absurd to compare to a FULL MONTH of early access to the length of a SP campaign. Considering the BS perks that Uncharted MP has, I don't see how this early access is nothing. I'll admit I don't know what all the perks are (have they even revealed them all?) but I'm already expecting people to see through walls and have cheap perks before the game is even out.

Eh... map knowledge will be the only real advantage that would be gained. The people who are going to be big on the MP will be playing it as soon as the pre-release comes out anyway.

Duffyside

Banned
Mikey Jr. said:
No joke, I will go to Subway and buy a few drinks and give the codes out to non-North Americans.
I'll do this too. I like Subway, on occasion. It'd be nice if we could make a list of users who want a code, as I don't like the whole "give it to the first person who responds" trend. It clutters threads and, more importantly, what if I don't like the jerk who responds? =]

Dambrosi

Banned
Since I very much doubt that UK Subway will follow suit (they only just started the £5 Footlong deal here, for an example of just how far behind their US parent they are), I, too, would appreciate a US GAFfer buying a refillable soda on my behalf.

You can keep the Coca-Cola, though. Nasty, cane syrup-filled shit, not like our superior sugar-saturated to EC standards British Coke.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Wario64 said:
Here's the problem, you think MP games ever have a 'level playing field' for a casual player.

In that day you spend playing the SP, there are plenty of people who will have earned 18-24 hours' worth of MP playtime and unlocks. By the time they got home from the midnight release, there were people who found a place selling it early who already had 2+ days' worth of playtime and unlocks.

If you're not a fiend for the multiplayer, you were going to be behind the curve from the moment you stepped foot in it anyway.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Shig said:
Here's the problem, you think MP games ever have a 'level playing field' for a casual player.

In that day you spend playing the SP, there are plenty of people who will have earned 18-24 hours' worth of MP playtime and unlocks. By the time they got home from the midnight release, there were people who found a place selling it early who already had 2+ days' worth of playtime and unlocks.

If you're not a fiend for the multiplayer, you were going to be behind the curve from the moment you stepped foot in it anyway.

Only those hardcore people who have nothing to do but play all day would have that 24 hour advantage. How many people do you think actually do this? Opening the MP a month early for allow even the casual player to get a pretty good advantage. And those hardcore people? They'll just have every perk unlocked easily. Plus there's gonna be a bigger pool of people with higher levels with this promo than the situation you posted.

MP games had a level playing field when COD4 didn't exist :/

MikeE21286 said:
literally had no clue about this.

Did you watch the E3 press conference? They said it there but they briefly mentioned it.

Irish

Digishine said:
Same Here.

Also gimmeh a code to play it . I will love u for a whole day !

Just a day? Fuck that! I demand eternal devotion.

Wario64 said:
Opening the MP a month early for will allow even the casual player to get a pretty good advantage.

Everyone who has a desire to play it will likely get in at or around the same time.

Kimosabae

Banned
Dambrosi said:
If you're sleeping outside at all, you have bigger problems than MP codes.

What you don't seem to understand is that getting the MP code is not a problem for me at all since I sleep outside my local Subway.

Top Bottom