• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3: Subway's Deception Multiplayer Discussion [New Patch Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/Subway-Taste-for-Adventure/Basic-FAQ/td-p/501585

I've noticed a few recurring questions that I wanted to start up a mini-FAQ so you can check here first for the correct, and more up to date answers.

1. Is the Subway promotion available in Canada?
No, unfortunately it is not available to our community in the Great White North. Sorry! :smileysad:

2. Is the Subway promotion available in Europe or Australia/New Zealand?
The PlayStation.Blog EU Twitter account just announced the following:
European PlayStation Plus subscribers will be able to get involved in the Uncharted 3 MP experience next week. Full details on Monday.

3. Where are Custom Games?
Custom games are not available during the Subway MP experience. Don't worry, custom games ARE available in the final, retail version of Uncharted 3

4. Where is Co-op?
The Subway promotion has always been messaged as being a competitive multiplayer experience. Co-op will be back at the final, retail game as well.

5. Are these all the maps/items/skins/etc.?

No - some of this content has been locked for various reasons. Some of which are we want to be sure any of our multiplayer content doesn't have any single player spoilers. There WILL be more maps unlocked later in October. Stay tuned for more info on what these maps will be.

So uh, can we discuss the multiplayer here? The other thread is just all about sharing.

I don't know about you guys but there's some insane recoil in this version. I only just started though so I'm pretty much playing naked. So far it seems pretty fun though

It has vastly improced from the first beta...
Still, I can only kill with melee....

Lolez2matt if you want to play with me :3

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Is there a reason why my loadout defaults to the first one in every game? I have to play round 1 with the first loadout.

TheExodu5

Banned
Heavy recoil = I'm happy.

How many shots does it take to kill enemies? One of my issues in Uncharted 2 is that while they started off with ~2-3 shots to kill in the beta, they eventually progressed closer to 4-5 shots, which made the game feel terrible. Is Uncharted 3 a little more volatile?

Chuck

Still without luck
Now that I think about it, I'm kind of with you on the recoil. Well, at least for the first 2 assault rifles.

Duffyside

Banned
The game is so much faster, which feels great. Can't believe people are talking about the recoil and not about the speed, sprinting especially.

Health regeneration is faster; too fast, if you ask me. It should be almost double what it is. Now you can shoot a dude a bunch, have him run around a corner, have you chase him only to within two seconds him have all his health back.

And whoa are the loot drops even happening any more? Have yet to see one.

PSN (and Steam and XBL, for that matter) are the same as my GAF name, 'cept with the proper capitalization, as it should be. "Duffyside" I need buddies.

Duffyside

Banned
daxter01 said:
Yep! This is what makes Uncharted special. It's not about being super-awesome-headshot-guy. It's about evasion; rolling, dodging, climbing, running around corners, getting the better position, etc. It's why the maps are designed the way they are, with multiple levels and twists and turns and more. There are lots of games that play slow with one shot to the head. Why do people need another one?

Pistol feels like shit compaired to the ones in 2, before the update, I never played after the update.

Haha so many "fuck" , "what the fuck" angry moments , but when someone kills you in 1-2 shots with the AK running away from you, it's needed.

That level 16 gun is a beast, only 4 more levels til I get it.

TheExodu5 said:
This is not looking good to me. Super speed + tons of shots to kill enemies = overpowered melee.
Not even, I've barely died by melee and it seems like melee attacks don't have that huge leap forward and hit like the beta did. It's easy just to roll out of the way of melee attacks.

Lucentto

Banned
I like what they've down with the multiplayer, but I still don't like it. Oh well, it'll give me something to do until Dark Souls.

TheExodu5

Banned
duffyside said:
HAHAHAHA, edited it from 15 bullets to now 20. And the guy did not shoot anyone 20 times anywhere. He spread all over the place.

I updated from 15 to 20 because I checked the ammo counter.

duffyside said:
Health regeneration is faster; too fast, if you ask me. It should be almost double what it is. Now you can shoot a dude a bunch, have him run around a corner, have you chase him only to within two seconds him have all his health back.
lol.....and guess what? There's a regeneration booster as well.

Wario64 said:
Is there a reason why my loadout defaults to the first one in every game? I have to play round 1 with the first loadout.
You can set default when you go to profile while in a lobby right before the game starts.

Violater

I think I would much enjoy the game if melee could be disabled. I empty entire clips into people while they blindfire and soak up my bullets then melee me
fuck that

REV 09

Moved from other thread...

The visuals and audio are nice, but I'm having a tough time with the gameplay. Anything close quarters is a mess. People are running at you zig zagging and rolling all over the place. Doesn't seem like a very tactical game.

Loudninja

REV 09 said:
Moved from other thread...

The visuals and audio are nice, but I'm having a tough time with the gameplay. Anything close quarters is a mess. People are running at you zig zagging and rolling all over the place. Doesn't seem like a very tactical game.
Those are tactics rolling dogging and jumping from getting shot. Thats pretty much the point is it not?

Dartastic

Holy crap this is way harder than the beta, and way harder than UC2. Or I just suddenly suck way more? I dunno. Wow. =(

OH HAI WARIO RIGHT NOW

Lingitiz

Dartastic said:
Holy crap this is way harder than the beta, and way harder than UC2. Or I just suddenly suck way more? I dunno. Wow. =(

OH HAI WARIO RIGHT NOW
Having the exact same issues.

REV 09

Loudninja said:
Those are tactics rolling dogging and jumping from getting shot. Thats pretty much the point is it not?
no one would ever do that if you were getting shot at. I wish the game was slower, more about taking cover and climbing to new positions. It may as well not have a cover system the way people are playing it.

BeeDog

So how are the MP visuals and the new MP levels? I'm not a very competitive player so gameplay/booster details don't matter too much. :) Is the lag/hit detection improved?

So I was playing splitscreen with my roommate and he wasn't able to log onto his personal account.

I thought that was a feature? The current setup is (x user <1>) and it kinda sucks because his costume settings keep resetting.

Definitely more difficult than the beta. Saw Wario just now. Played poorly early in the match but went on an insane 15 kill streak. Never managed that in Uncharted 2 after all those hours, nor the U3 beta, so that was interesting.

I started pretty poorly at first tonight but I'm slowly getting used to it. The sprinting actually is useful, but they might need to tone down the length of sprint, you can go on a pretty long while. Kickbacks are improved, RPG only gives one shot, which is probably fair, although it only takes 8 medals to get it as opposed to 15, but it seems harder to get Medals too for some reason. I was able to get Kickback King easily in the beta, but I only got it a handful of times tonight.

jett

D-Member
darkwing said:
was there autoaim in the first beta?

There was some insane autoaim on the ak-47 in the final days of the beta. I wonder what you guys mean by harder. Harder to aim? Is there more health? Eh? Haven't played the demo or whatever yet though. Have the visuals been improved in the beta maps?

jett said:
There was some insane autoaim on the ak-47 in the final days of the beta. I wonder what you guys mean by harder. Harder to aim? Is there more health? Eh? Haven't played the demo or whatever yet though. Have the visuals been improved in the beta maps?

It seems like the recoil has been upped a bit and sprinting makes it easier to get away. The health feels about the same to me, maybe a tad less, but I can't be too sure.

Airstrip got some changes for the better, it's less orange. Chateau more or less is the same from what I could tell, maybe a few improvements, the map looked a tad more crisp than I remembered. Also, they removed the cutscene where the villains burn down the house. The new maps look really nice.

Pachterballs said:
How spoilerific is the MP game? It'll reveal all the locations in the game? :p

I mean it's the kind of locations you'd expect from an uncharted game. There's no context to any of it, so I don't see how it's a spoiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom