• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3: Subway's Deception Multiplayer Discussion [New Patch Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Rikyfree said:
One thing I wish they would do is weapon skins that are from other games. Imagine using the bullseye skin for the AK or the carbine skin for the M9 from Resistance.
Or the Helghast Rifle for the GMAL or the ISA rifle for the FAL SS. Would be so cool since they are already putting in other characters from other games, so why not, eh?
One of the promo codes they gave out at E3 this year was "Mystery Skinned Weapon #4", maybe they're planning on doing something like that.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
DigiMish said:
Really? I tried it and couldn't find anybody to play with!
You have it set to find matches in DLC? Because if you do, you won't find any matches. Set it to default and you'll find matches (at least in Deathmatch) right away.

Had a great time in UC2 as my farewell to the multiplayer (competitive side at least) tonight. Surprisingly, I was getting great scores all around deathmatch. I adjusted pretty quickly too, unlike when the summer beta ended, I had a hard time adjusting back to UC2. Not this time, though! Not once in all my matches tonight did people blindfire their AK's/M4's/FAL's. Not even in Plunder! Felt good, man.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Yeah, I could live with the regular shotgun, but the SAS was fucking terrible in UC2. So was the pistole.

Chloe still looks so awful:

9XmkF.jpg

Total fucking downgrade.

Something about the mp just seems off to me, maybe I need to play U2 mp again, but I felt that was a pretty balanced game.

I'm just not digging the sprint button, which feels clunky in this compared to sprint in other games. Also, I've played very little of the beta, so I feel like I'm screwed since everyone else is a higher level and has all those kickbacks/upgrades.

I feel like I should rent U3 and beat the campaign in a few days then wait and get U3 when its cheap. So many games coming out!

SkyMasterson said:
Something about the mp just seems off to me, maybe I need to play U2 mp again, but I felt that was a pretty balanced game.

I'm just not digging the sprint button, which feels clunky in this compared to sprint in other games. Also, I've played very little of the beta, so I feel like I'm screwed since everyone else is a higher level and has all those kickbacks/upgrades.

I feel like I should rent U3 and beat the campaign in a few days then wait and get U3 when its cheap. So many games coming out!
I miss U2 MP :( That was perfect. I would have purchased two copies to support it.

Andrefpvs

So I assume that when the beta ends I can safely delete anything from my HDD that says Uncharted 3, right? This won't mess with my unlocks or anything else for the full game, right?

I need the HDD space :p

Massa

Rewrite said:
Yeah, I could live with the regular shotgun, but the SAS was fucking terrible in UC2. So was the pistole.

http://i.imgur.com/9XmkF.jpg[IMG]

Total fucking downgrade.[/QUOTE]

You're looking at the wrong side of Chloe though. ;p

Andrefpvs said:
So I assume that when the beta ends I can safely delete anything from my HDD that says Uncharted 3, right? This won't mess with my unlocks or anything else for the full game, right?

I need the HDD space :p

Ha, same here :(

tigerin

Rewrite said:
No, it's not. It's very informative and goes into great detail. It's anything but stupid.

okay, maybe i went a bit too far. sorry for my childish behavior. but nonetheless, i think uncharted 3 has other problems i rather get fix than these.

First of all, let's get this out of the way: They're not the same thing. One is double health and one is double damage. How is that remotely the same thing? Are you dense?

okay, imagine going against an opponent with double damage and you both are shooting at each other, you'll probably die. then imagine going against an opponent with double health and you guys are shooting at each other, it might take longer but you're still gonna die(especially with uncharted 3 current crappy headshot system, which i don't mind at all.) i'd would rather naughty dog remove double damage and give the losing team "one hit melee" as a power play, like how the previous gaf member suggested.

Second of all, I don't know what matches you're playing, but every time Double Damage kicks in, the winning team goes into hiding for most of the time period the power play is on. It changes the flow of the match which is exactly what the video is talking about. Other power plays change the flow of the match, but in this one, it changes it for the worse in my opinion. It's not fun for the winning team to die within seconds of you being encountered by the enemy. It just takes one melee hit to kill someone during Double Damage, which is bullshit. The solution they propose (double health) would be ideal, because the winning team wouldn't go into hiding in fear that they'll die with three bullet shots and the losing team wouldn't have to look around the map to find the people that are hiding. Double health would make sense since it'll give an edge to the winning team, but still be somewhat fair to the losing team. As it is, double damage is too much of a crutch.

i play team deathmatch, what are you playing? i guess the guys i played are pretty brave, because they would usually go straight on against me. plus the maps in this game are not that big. you can find an enemy easily. this is not battlefield we're talking about here.

There is something wrong with Smoke Bomb and in the video, they explain exactly what's wrong with it. Contrary to other kickbacks which are all for offensive tactics, this one is for defensive purposes only. It doesn't get you a kill. It's to escape from danger. However, with the way it is right now, it doesn't let you escape from danger the majority of the time that you use it. As explained, you'll teleport behind someone, die the instant you smoke your way out (due to lag), or reappear in the area where you used it. It needs to be fixed.

okay, i admit there is something wrong with the smoke bomb like how you described. but rarely does it affects my match. naughty dog needs to fix but it's not one of the priority right now. i can live with it and if i don't like it, i'll just use something else. it not like it'll affect the outcome of the match.

Haha.

I really dislike it when people take their time to explain why something doesn't work and go into great detail explaining why, only to have someone dismiss it because "it doesn't happen to me". It doesn't mean that what's explained isn't true.

i did took my time and told you my experience. what's the difference between their experiences and mine? camcorder and a mic? more props to them for their efforts, but anyone can do it with a recording device and play like usual then cut out the parts they want to show. don't uncharted even have a feature where you can watch the replays of your match? i've played uncharted 3 a few hours a day and a lot of things can happen during the match, don't see me complaining about it. and i've never said the stuffs they've mentioned aren't true. i just find the video is pointless cause it's just purely nitpicking. the game has its flaw i admit, but the stuffs they've mentioned aren't even important. if you ask me what uncharted 3 needs to fix, my answers would totally different from theirs. i still enjoy it tho.

I posted that video in this thread. The first video is so gooooood.

Same here. I never did get my Hammers Only lab in the end, after all. :(

i bolded my replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Seriously wtf did the last patch do to my connection? First beta there was no problem, U2 there was no problem, no problem in any other game. Every game I'm greeted with the controller disconnect icon, freezing my character for a good 5 seconds. 11 Mbps down/1 Mbps up/NAT 2.

jett

D-Member
Juancho9 said:
How? Plunder was awesome as well!

The health decrease really fucked up big times in plunder. If you went for the treasure, most of the time you died on the spot. This problem does not exist in UC3.

Plunder aside, I still think UC2 team deathmatch (in the Lab where there are no boosters and I think health is a bit higher) is far better than UC3. The shooting is just a lot tighter and you literally cannot run and punch. The stopping power is too massive.

OTOH, I love UC3's levels. I just wish we could get UC2's shooting mechanics back.

jett

D-Member
H_Prestige said:
Plunder aside, I still think UC2 team deathmatch (in the Lab where there are no boosters and I think health is a bit higher) is far better than UC3. The shooting is just a lot tighter and you literally cannot run and punch. The stopping power is too massive.

You literally cannot do fucking anything in Uncharted 2, more like. People have such selective memory.

Snipes424

RyanardoDaVinci said:
That's very strange.

I can't imagine they'd make it even easier to level; Subway was already faster than the Beta.

But then again, I can't imagine 90% of the stuff they've done with the MP, so.... :p

ND's MP team has filled my mind with full of fuck. I have no idea why they make the decisions they do but it's not logical. All in all, most people seemed to be enjoying the beta...

We can't have that! Let's get rid of stopping power completely, boost sprint to Usain Bolt speeds and require you to not even aim to be on top of the team.

And what I don't understand even more than the horrific changes is WHY they made the changes.

RIP Beta haha, i was about to log in before midnight to see what would happen but i missed it :(

overall, loved the plane and subway levels the most B^) i hope there are more of those in the game.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Yeah, I think the beta is done. Every time I try to log in, I get a network error. I wanted to see my final stats. ;(

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
It's fine by me. I just wanted to check my final beta stats. I'm getting the game in just a few more hours so it's no biggie.

Lingitiz

Posted in the other thread, but do we know anything about launch mp changes? I seem to remember Arne saying a list would be up today.

Wow, I'm honored to that my video is mentioned in this thread. I'm happy to reply to feedback and discuss the issues. (my replies are also in bold)

tigerin said:
okay, imagine going against an opponent with double damage and you both are shooting at each other, you'll probably die. then imagine going against an opponent with double health and you guys are shooting at each other, it might take longer but you're still gonna die(especially with uncharted 3 current crappy headshot system, which i don't mind at all.) i'd would rather naughty dog remove double damage and give the losing team "one hit melee" as a power play, like how the previous gaf member suggested.

Double Health is nowhere near as bad as Double Damage. With Double Damage, you are dying in a split second with virtually no time to react. With Double Health you die normally, but you face a greater challenge taking down an enemy. I don't know about any of you, but I'm far more inclined to engage in combat with the latter.

However, Double Health is just one of numerous possible solutions. Giving the winning team Badges of Honor (like less ammo, one punch melee etc.) would work, as would disabling boosters, attachments, and kickbacks. Honestly, I don't really care what the solution is. Just as long as Double Damage dies.

i play team deathmatch, what are you playing? i guess the guys i played are pretty brave, because they would usually go straight on against me. plus the maps in this game are not that big. you can find an enemy easily. this is not battlefield we're talking about here.

TDM is my primary mode as well and I experience Double Damage in roughly half of all my matches (with and without a party). Now I realize this may not be the same for everyone, but be mindful that every winning team is quickly going to learn to camp when Double Damage activates.

There are countless hiding spots on each map where no one will find you, trust me. UC3's maps are far bigger than UC2's on average. Plus even if they do find you, they're most often going to find your whole team and get destroyed (as mentioned in the video).

okay, i admit there is something wrong with the smoke bomb like how you described. but rarely does it affects my match. naughty dog needs to fix but it's not one of the priority right now. i can live with it and if i don't like it, i'll just use something else. it not like it'll affect the outcome of the match.

We never said Smoke Bomb was a critical, game-breaking flaw in the game. We were simply bringing up things that seem unbalanced to us (hence the title hurr durr). Still, it's a severely crippled Kickback and while it's not the #1 priority for the next patch, it should definitely be on their to-do list.

You said you never see anyone use it and you rarely use it yourself, ever wonder why?

i did took my time and told you my experience. what's the difference between their experiences and mine? camcorder and a mic? more props to them for their efforts, but anyone can do it with a recording device and play like usual then cut out the parts they want to show. don't uncharted even have a feature where you can watch the replays of your match? i've played uncharted 3 a few hours a day and a lot of things can happen during the match, don't see me complaining about it. and i've never said the stuffs they've mentioned aren't true. i just find the video is pointless cause it's just purely nitpicking. the game has its flaw i admit, but the stuffs they've mentioned aren't even important. if you ask me what uncharted 3 needs to fix, my answers would totally different from theirs. i still enjoy it tho.

I don't see how we are "nitpicking" when we are bringing up legitimate problems with the game. Naughty Dog specifically asked for lots of feedback of this nature so they can improve their game. We base our opinions off of extensive UC2 experience and a true love for the franchise. I could make countless videos about all the things I like about UC3, but that's not going to make the game better.

(and our enjoyment of UC3 shouldn't be in question since we spent over 40 minutes praising the game in our beta videos)

Rewrite said:

9XmkF.jpg

Total fucking downgrade.

No way. U2 Chloe is so much better than U3 Chloe. U3 Chloe has a generic outfit while U2 Chloe gives her more style that go well with her physical features. (And I'm not talking about the ass)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom