• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3: Subway's Deception Multiplayer Discussion [New Patch Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if the FAL is in now, what is the point of the GMAL? They seem like the same type of gun. Is it going to be like the AK and M9? An incredibly minor difference.

Also the Museum while still very much awesome is incredibly bright when outside. Did they change this just to change something. Lighting was better in U2.

Darkatomz

XxSlasherMcGirkxX said:
So if the FAL is in now, what is the point of the GMAL? They seem like the same type of gun. Is it going to be like the AK and M9? An incredibly minor difference.
From what I've seen, the FAL is a single shot burst rifle.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
DigiMish said:
Does anyone know what level you get the creepy crawler kickback at in the full game?
Nope.

Co-op adventure looks fucking AWESOME.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/co-op-adventure-uncharted-3/722920

Warning: Spoilers!

But omfg, it looks fantastic!

ND, you are doing so many fucking awesome and right things with co-op. I love you. If the competitive doesn't keep me interested in the long run, I'll be happy to rely on co-op.

Rewrite said:
Nope.

ND, you are doing so many fucking awesome and right things with co-op. I love you. If the competitive doesn't keep me interested in the long run, I'll be happy to rely on co-op.
the player refuses to load the vid and i can't download it either ..this must be FATE telling me to not watch ..

Rikyfree

Rewrite said:
Nope.

WTF. WHY GOD WHY DID I WATCH THAT?!

All I'm going to say is that certain enemies will fucking rock.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Mikey Jr. said:
Anyone know the reason why they got rid of the cutscenes in multi?
I'm glad they're gone. My guess is that people complained about seeing the same shit for every match. I don't really miss them.

Naughty Dog, fix Plunder. It's so broken the way it is right now. We take the treasure to our base, the other team spawns next to our treasure chest. Other team takes the treasure to their base, we sometimes spawn across the fucking map. Wtf is this? Not to mention the constant buddy spawn campers. Honestly, disable buddy spawning. It won't be missed in a playlist like Plunder. It ruins the whole flow of it. Then there's the questionable idol spawn points that always favors one team over the other. Or you try grabbing the idol, but it won't grab it for some reason until like 1 or 2 minutes. Or you get equipped with your damn pistol every time you drop the idol. Such a stupid design choice. It's these small details that are holding this game mode back. Some of these issues like spawning across the map were present in Uncharted 2's Plunder, but it hasn't been entirely fixed for UC3. Please do something about it.

Edit: Forgot to mention...gotta love it when you sometimes grab the idol, and it disappears on you and spawns in another location even when the appropriate time period hasn't even been reached for the idol to respawn.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The cutscenes that happened at the beginning of the matches.

In the chataeu, the villans would throw fire towards the building while the heroes would jump from the lower half of the building where the turret is at and take cover. In Yemen, the helicopters would drop both the heroes and villains onto the map.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Every fucking game I get a controller desync for 5 seconds. I have full bandwidth available, 5 bars, DMZ'd, etc. Every other game works great, save for this one. I never had an issue in U2.

Darkatomz

Mikey Jr. said:
Wow, museum is a piece of shit. People really liked this map? Its a snipers paradise.
It wasn't a problem in UC2, and now it is.

UC3 has no universal long distance gunplay, unlike the last. You just aren't likely to get a kill with a standard firearm in this game. So, all big maps (Museum, Highrise, etc) have evolved into sniper parties in UC3.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Museum is terrible for Team Objective. It's honestly the worst map for that mode. I hate it every time it gets voted. The capture locations are truly awful in that map for King of the Hill and Turf War. In treasure hunter, the idol appears inside the top portion of inside the museum, and basically the first team who gets there will win the match because you have cover in all direction. It reminds me of that terrible King of the Hill spot in Molten Ruins where the capture zone is by the hero's starting spawn point. Not to mention that you spawn across the map sometimes when it's king of the hill or treasure hunter in The Museum...

I tried Plunder in The Museum and it's OK, but the matches aren't as intense or fun like they were in UC2. UC2 Plunder in The Museum was always a fight to see who would score when the treasure would be in someone's base because people would toss it over the gap back and forth. It'd be constant battle, which was a blast because the matches were so intense. I haven't seen that happen once here at all. :(

iLLmAtlc

Guys I'm trying to give the G-MAL a chance since the FAL was my favourite weapon in U2 but I'm having trouble finding consistent success. It seems my biggest problem is constantly running into people up close and being toast. Do any of you guys have some advice on how succeed with that gun?

DigiMish

I like the Museum better in UC3 because you have more health in UC3, which means you can actually run along the bottom of the map once in a while and survive.

KAL2006

Banned
For some reason for me (after watching videos, and playing the old Beta co-op adventure) the Co-op adventure doesn't seem as cool as the one in Uncharted 2. In Uncharted 2 it seems more like a meatier campaign mode with co-op play.

chessnut

iLLmAtlc said:
Guys I'm trying to give the G-MAL a chance since the FAL was my favourite weapon in U2 but I'm having trouble finding consistent success. It seems my biggest problem is constantly running into people up close and being toast. Do any of you guys have some advice on how succeed with that gun?

I've been trying to avoid using the KAL for the last week or so. I found it best to use the G-MAL occasionally. I primarily use the M9, but if I'm not feeling it....or if the map is big and open (syria, muesum) I'll switch my loadout to the G-MAL for that match. Using the G-MAL all the time is just really frustrating. Sometimes I'll have a KDR of 2, other times 0.7. Plus, every time I'm shooting someone and they starts running towards me with blindfire and kills me, I just lose it...especially in hardcore mode where 2 bursts to the head won't net a kill.

I enjoyed the Museum playing team deathmatch. Lots of dudes camping with their sniper rifles there but it was fun taking them out.

Also pretty much convinced the M9 is superior to the AK, even with the accuracy mod. It's just more steady and seems to have basically the same power and rate of fire.

Rewrite said:
I'm glad they're gone. My guess is that people complained about seeing the same shit for every match. I don't really miss them.

Naughty Dog, fix Plunder. It's so broken the way it is right now. We take the treasure to our base, the other team spawns next to our treasure chest. Other team takes the treasure to their base, we sometimes spawn across the fucking map. Wtf is this? Not to mention the constant buddy spawn campers. Honestly, disable buddy spawning. It won't be missed in a playlist like Plunder. It ruins the whole flow of it. Then there's the questionable idol spawn points that always favors one team over the other. Or you try grabbing the idol, but it won't grab it for some reason until like 1 or 2 minutes. Or you get equipped with your damn pistol every time you drop the idol. Such a stupid design choice. It's these small details that are holding this game mode back. Some of these issues like spawning across the map were present in Uncharted 2's Plunder, but it hasn't been entirely fixed for UC3. Please do something about it.

Edit: Forgot to mention...gotta love it when you sometimes grab the idol, and it disappears on you and spawns in another location even when the appropriate time period hasn't even been reached for the idol to respawn.

The last part is annoying, but most of the time, when we lose at Plunder, it's due to a ton of lag. Even teams, we win most of the time. You just need one guy that is determined and keeps going for the idol.

The pistol switch is also annoying. But the other stuff can stay. Hopefully Beast Mode is as fast as Treasure Bearer.

No.

No I don't want to pick up a micro over the grenade next to it.

No I don't want to pick up the M9 next to the treasure.

No I don't want to melee the guy next to the guy I just pumped full of led.

No I don't want to go in cover in plain sight while trying to roll away.

No no no.

No I don't want to join a game to lose after 30 seconds because the opposing team only needs 3 kills or 1 plunderpoint.

YES I want to be able to press triangle again to mute all and everybody. Just like in the summerBETA. Why would you change that?

Enjoying the game most of the time though!

alr1ght

Yes, I would love an option asking if I'd like to join an existing game or continue waiting for a new one. I hate joining a FFA game and I'm immediately handicapped 8 kills.

Mubbed

iLLmAtlc said:
- equip fleet foot and strafe
- move backwards when aiming in close range and don't scope in
- equip handgun when going around corners

jett

D-Member
alr1ghtstart said:
Yes, I would love an option asking if I'd like to join an existing game or continue waiting for a new one. I hate joining a FFA game and I'm immediately handicapped 8 kills.

view it as a challenge lolz

yes that's annoying but the alternative is everyone NOT wanting to join an existing game probably and we'll end up with uneven games like in UC2.

MightyKAC

Decided to do the Para-9 mission on a whim since it's one of the few I hadn't completed yet. Jesus fucking Christmas that needs to be worth more than $9,000. I felt bad for my plunder and objective teammates I was with when I was trying to score kills with that gun. After finishing that mission I can honestly say the weapon is absolutely pointless in this game and should be removed.

Hypereides

Gold Member
MightyKAC said:
Decided to do the Para-9 mission on a whim since it's one of the few I hadn't completed yet. Jesus fucking Christmas that needs to be worth more than $9,000. I felt bad for my plunder and objective teammates I was with when I was trying to score kills with that gun. After finishing that mission I can honestly say the weapon is absolutely pointless in this game and should be removed.

Oh come one that one was easy... try doing the 4 melee medals mission instead. That will kick your butt.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Full list of boosters (level 3/gold level), weapons, medal kickbacks, and skins.

I'll write down their level 3's...

Booster Slot 1:

Come Here - The distance you can see your opponents is increased significantly.
Endurance - Sprint recovery time is decreased further.
Beast Mode - The speed you move with objects is increased significantly.
Let Me See - The duration in which you see opponents is increased significantly.
Scoped In - No pain wobble while scoped in.
Cloaked - You make no sound while moving (OH GOD) and also become immune to disruption (the kickback).
Regeneration - Recovery speed is increased significantly.
Fleet Foot - The speed you move while aiming is increased significantly.
Explosive Shell Expert - The amount of additional M32-Hammer increased to 2.
Explosive Expert - Start every match with two grenade slots and spawn with an additional grenade when killed by one. LOL QUICKBOOM + THIS BOOSTER.
Weapon Expert - The effects of level 2 (which is the ability to quickly swap between your pistol and long gun) and add one additional MOD slot to all long guns. (LOL KAL-7, baby!)
Sugar Buddy - Receive a quarter of a cash your buddy earns.
Booty Buddy - Get rewards from chests when your buddy does.
Thanks Buddy - Get a medal for every 3 your buddy earns.

Negative Boosters for Slot 1:

Out of Breath - Sprint recovery time and duration are significantly slower. Multiplies cash earned from kills by 2x.
Slow Healing - Health regeneration is significantly slowed. Multiplies cash earned from kills by 2x.
Flat Footed - Move significantly slower while aiming. Multiplies cash earned from kills by 2.5x. (wtf)
Fewer Grenades - Your ability to carry grenades is reduced. Multiplies cash earned from kills by 3x.

Booster Slot 2:

Power Hunter - The distance you see power weapons is increased significantly.
Daredevil - The amount of ammo you receive is increased by 2 clips. (why bother with ammo award?)
Kickback Endurance - The amount of time added is increased significantly. LOL, this booster + explosive expert and quick boom for your kickback...dear god.
Monkey Man - Climb speed is increased significantly.
Treasure Hunter - The chance to receive a treasure is increased significantly.
Deposit - The money received is increased significantly.
Back in the Saddle - Respawn time reduced by 4 seconds.
Ammo Award - The ammo you receive is increased significantly.
Revenge - The effects of level 2 (which is always dropping a live grenade when you're killed even if you don't have one) or drop an active kickback grenade if one is available. :lol wtf
Bargain - The decrease in medal kickback costs is changed to 2.
Team Safe: (since this one is new, I'll write down it's three levels)
Level 1) Explosives do not knock you down and team mates only receive 1/2 damage from your explosives.
Level 2) The effects of level 1, but team mates receive no damage from your explosives. (wow)
Level 3) The effects of level 2, and team mates do not get knocked down from your explosives.
For My Buddy - See the location of the opponent that killed your buddy until they die.
Stealth Buddy - Fill your medal kickback when your buddy gets a stealth kill.
Explosive Buddy - Get a grenade for each of your buddy's explosive kills. :lol

Negative Boosters for Slot 2:

Medal kickback costs 4 more to use. Multiplies cash earned from kills by 2.5x.
Small Pockets - You spawn with significantly less ammo. Multiplies cash earned from kills by 2x.
Invalid - You have half health. Multiplies cash earned from kills by 3.5x.
No Power Weapons - You can't pick up power weapons. Multiplies cash earned from kills by 3x. (IMO, this is the one most people will use)

Medal Kickbacks: (I'll only cover the new ones)

Gotcha - Show the location of all enemies for a short time.
Duration: 30 seconds.
Costs: 9 Medals.
Welcome back, Situational Awareness!
Cluster Bomb - Gives a grenade that explodes into multiple. (this was in the beta) Duration: Instant.
Costs: 10 medals.
lol, with Team Safe to level 3, you wouldn't even worry about killing your team mates...
Hammer Time - Gives an M-32 Hammer.
Duration: Instant
Costs: 12 medals.
Why would anyone want this? The hammer sucks in this game.
Juggernaut - Trade in speed to become nearly invulnerable to bullets and grenades.
Duration: 15 seconds.
Costs: 14 medals.
lol, wow. good thing it costs 14...
Mega Bomb - Gives a grenade with a massive explosion.
Duration: Instant
Costs: 14 medals.
Imagine this one or the cluster bomb in Team Objective like in King of the Hill...haha.
Creepy Crawler - Turn into a swarm of spiders.
Duration: 20 seconds.
Costs: 17 medals.

Phew. That was a lot.

Go, GAF! Thoughts! GO! GO! GO!

Grisby

Am I gonna need to do something special I wonder to transfer my progress over? Cause I don't want to kept the subway stuff on here when I get the disc Monday.

Grisby said:
Am I gonna need to do something special I wonder to transfer my progress over? Cause I don't want to kept the subway stuff on here when I get the disc Monday.

I think that the progress will all reset and the game will check the first time for you beta/subway unlocks and take care of your extras. After that, should be ok to delete I imagine.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
omfg!

Skeletons make noises this time around!

http://youtu.be/NFgS-bh2xpw?t=3m10s

Warning: It is a new map, but you can just watch the first few seconds where it's linked to and you'll hear it.

ND :bow :bow :bow :bow

:lol I love the bitter tears of people about this in the ND forums...you see their stats picture and they use them. LOVE IT.

chessnut

I read revenge level 3 and was like WTF. Then, I realized it might prevent people from running and gunning. Either way, it kinda discourages stealth kills =/

The new boosters don't look that bad. I assume with Revenge lvl3 when you drop a kickback grenade you have to have that kickback activated beforehand. Right!?

Negitive boosters Out of Breath + No Power Weapons = Barely crippled at all.

I told myself this time I'm going to play Uncharted and focusing on doing good instead of trying to level up. Not using them.

Kickbacks need some work though.

Team Safe + Clusterbomb = Plunder/Objective mode destroyed

Juggernaught, Mega Bomb and Creepy Crawler all sound extremely cheap but at least the kickback cost is high.

The only thing ND needs to fix is this combo

Explosives Expert + Kickback Endurance + Quick boom Kickback cost 7 medals = 30 secs of destruction regardless of death.

Why pick anything over that set up. It kills the diversity of playstyles. Hell I have been using it for so long I don't what I'd do without them.

alr1ght

Back in the Saddle - Respawn time reduced by 4 seconds.
Plunder is already a clusterfuck, this will make it even worse. Hardcore Plunder playlist please.

Team Safe: (since this one is new, I'll write down it's three levels)
Level 1) Explosives do not knock you down and team mates only receive 1/2 damage from your explosives.
Level 2) The effects of level 1, but team mates receive no damage from your explosives. (wow)
Level 3) The effects of level 2, and team mates do not get knocked down from your explosives.
Clusterfucks. :|

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Team Safe is going to break Plunder and Team Objective...

Fuck, I really didn't want Sure Foot back in especially for this reason. Team Obj. is all I play and with those boosters, it's literally going to change it for the worse. Hopefully the requirements are impossible to level it up to 3...but since most boosters are easy to level up, I doubt it.

That combo is so true, btw. It's literally the most overpowered combo for that particular medal kickback.

alr1ght

Can I win that Naughty Dog's AK47 in that Subway contest, or is it only given away by ND themselves? I want it.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I never win anything so I just gave up.

I did forget to post the best part of the video:

U1rpa.png

:lol :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom