• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3: Subway's Deception Multiplayer Discussion [New Patch Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
Just had a really stupid 2 vs 3 TDM on Airstrip, went the distance FFS. Anyway, I can confirm there are no more power plays after double damage.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
ShinHayase said:
No.

No I don't want to pick up a micro over the grenade next to it.

No I don't want to pick up the M9 next to the treasure.

No I don't want to melee the guy next to the guy I just pumped full of led.

No I don't want to go in cover in plain sight while trying to roll away.

No no no.
100% agreed.

DigiMish said:
Really? Is there a youtube video or something?
There was a YouTube video that displayed all of the hero skins, and they appeared there along with other character spoilers. It has been removed.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
they still haven't fixed the pulldown camera issue...

looks like level cap is 75
75.png

Darkatomz

Can you blame them? They're trying to give away the remaining unlock codes via Twitter, where they get snapped up in seconds.

Of course, there are a bunch of complete idiots who think everything is a conspiracy theory, so...

im having a ton of fun, got two of my friends to join in on the subway promo. But damn, sometimes the shooting just feels so wrong. Maybe its because im still just level 16 and I haven't gotten to the good guns. But the AK sucks for goign into iron sights, and when i try to do my usual spray ak into melee like in uncharted 2, it doesn't seem to work that well. I cant get the AK hipfire perk till I level up more. Just seems there is a steep curve until you get past level 25???

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
This thread on the ND forums is interesting:

Booster Slot 1

Weapon Expert - add an addition MOD slot to all pistol (Lv. 1), to all long guns (Lv. 3), and switch guns faster (Lv. 2).
Thank Buddy - Shared medals
Retaliation - Spawn with limited ammo when killed with a Power Weapon

Booster Slot 2

Lucky me - Increase the [chance] of getting goods from the chests by 10%
Team Safe - Explosives do not knock you down and teammates only receive 1/2 damage from your grenades
Overstock - Medal Kickback limit increased by 3 (kickback-stacking booster, I believe)
Explosive, Buddy - Get a grenade for each of your buddies' explosive kills
Kill, Buddy - Receive ammo for each kill your buddy gains

Paid Boosters
Heavy Bullets - Increase stopping power

Gotcha, "SA Kickback"

Show the location of all enemies

Duration: 30 seconds

Costs 9 medals

Cluster Bomb, "The Heaven Bomb"

One grenade explodes multiple times

Duration: INSTANT

Costs 10 medals

Hammer Time, "The Respawned Hammer"

Gives a M-32 Hammer

Costs 12 medals

Juggernaut, "I'm a Juggernaut, b i a t c h!"

Trade in speed to become nearly invulnerable to bullets and grenades

Duration: 15 seconds

Costs 14 medals

Mega Bomb, "Atomic Bomb"

One massive grenade explosion

Costs 14 medals

Creepy Crawler, "The World of Spiders"

Transform into a swarm of spiders

Duration: 20 seconds

Costs 17 medals

It's an unofficial list. They can or will not appear. There's also that old Kotaku list of boosters they had posted a long time ago:

Booster Slot 1

Come Here - See the opponent that killed you up to 15 meters until they die
Let Me See - Every two deaths allow you to see all opponents for 8 seconds
Regeneration - Recover from wounds 70% faster
Beast Mode - Move faster with heavy objects by 10%
Scoped In - Reduce pain wobble while scoped in
Fleet Foot - Move faster while aiming
Retaliation - Spawn with limited ammo when killed with a Power Weapon
Cloaked - Opponents will not see your player arrow and you are difficult to hear
Weapon Expert - Add on additional MOD slot to all pistols (Required Rank: 5)
Explosive Expert - Carry an extra grenade
Endurance - Decrease sprint recovery time by 20% (Required Rank: 7)
Booty Buddy - Share what is found in chests
Stealth Buddy - Fill your Medal Kickback when your buddy gets a stealth kill
Sugar Buddy - Receive cash when your buddy does
Thanks Buddy - Shared medals

Booster Slot 2

Back in the Saddle - Respawn time reduced by 2 seconds
Monkey Man - Climb faster
Lucky Me - Increase the [chance] of getting goods from chest by 10%
Bargain - Decrease Medal Kickback cost by 1
Deposit - Earn more money for objective medals
Treasure Hunter - Increase the chance of getting treasures from chest by 10% and see cursed treasures
Ammo Award - Receive ammo for getting kills in a row
Daredevil - Taunt over an opponents body to receive ammo (Required Rank: 5)
Team Safe - Explosives do not knock you down and teammates only receive 1/2 damage from your grenades
Overstock - Medal Kickback limit increased by 3
Power Hunter - See the location of Power Weapons within 10 meters (Required Rank: 7)
Kickback Endurance - Increase Medal Kickback times by 10%
Revenge - Drop live grenade upon death
Explosive, Buddy - Get a grenade for each of your buddies' explosive kills
Kill, Buddy - Receive ammo for each kill your buddy gains
For My Buddy - See the location of the opponent that killed your buddy until they die

Medal Kickback

Militia Man - No reloading for 30 second. Costs 5 medals.
Disruption - Nearby enemies cannot see player arrows for 45 seconds. Costs 6 medals.
Smoke Bomb - Vanish in a puff of smoke. Costs 7 medals.
Cursed Idol - Trow an idol that releases a cloud of gas that curses anyone who enters it. Costs 7 medals.
Cash 'em In - Double your cash earnings for 30 seconds. Costs 7 medals.
Carpet Bomb - Throw 3 grenades at once. Costs 7 medals.

We'll see!

I feel like all of those boosters would be fine and fair except for

1) Medal buddy - Getting the cash from the medals would be fine but getting the actual medal and it being in your records. Hell no! Earn that shit your self.

2) The mega bomb - One grenade on huge explosion. This was in the first beta but only in the Co Op section, taking that kickback would be hella cheap in the regular multiplayer.

ND: Now with this kickback you don't even have to aim with your grenades. Just casually throw it out and watch as you get easy group kills including your own death.

XxSlasherMcGirkxX said:
I feel like all of those boosters would be fine and fair except for

1) Medal buddy - Getting the cash from the medals would be fine but getting the actual medal and it being in your records. Hell no! Earn that shit your self.

2) The mega bomb - One grenade on huge explosion. This was in the first beta but only in the Co Op section, taking that kickback would be hella cheap in the regular multiplayer.

ND: Now with this kickback you don't even have to aim with your grenades. Just casually throw it out and watch as you get easy group kills including your own death.
Guess since there's a hardcore mode, I accept the crazy boosters and kickbacks as just pure, cheap fun. No way that mode is meant for competitiveness with that amount of cheap shit going on.

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Guess since there's a hardcore mode, I accept the crazy boosters and kickbacks as just pure, cheap fun. No way that mode is meant for competitiveness with that amount of cheap shit going on.
Exactly my thought. I only started having fun once I played Hardcore exclusively. Those kickbacks and boosters sound bloody awful. I mean, heal wounds 70 percent faster and cluster/mega bombs? Noobs are gonna hate the shit outta MP cause they will be hopelessly out powered.

jett

D-Member
Had some awesome three team deathmatch games with gyrian yesterday. Here's a little video showing that aiming does indeed work in this game. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g27lVD0p44&feature=channel_video_title

It's a shame that the youtube uploads are of such low quality, yet they're of a moderately high bitrate. I don't understand it. Edit option's really nice, it already takes enough time to upload these small snippets. :p You can even fast forward while you record.

MoonsaultSlayer said:

It's part of the game.

Honestly I kinda get more frustrated on Hardcore than anything else. Health is WAY too high in that mode. I'll take the occasional quick boom/RPG death compared to the bullet sponge mode with no weapons.

No kickbacks, no boosters, no power weapons, more health, FINAL DESTINATION!

What's next are we going to have to count the number of times we grab the ledge!

Naughty Dog, if you are still following this thread:

Please, please, please don't change anything. The game is playing beautifully now.

I don't know exactly what changes have been made since the last time I played, but weapon balance feels perfect now, stopping power is perfect, aim/hit detection is perfect.

Please go on vacation now and don't touch the MP anymore.

EDIT: Blindfire is still OP though.

Ok, have a fairly good grip on everything now.

Even though I can do it with regularity now, still have mixed feeling about throwing back grenades in general.

No I don't want to pick up a micro over the grenade next to it.

Yes, I would like Pickup priority. Insert Idol for weapon and it's the same thing.

Had some guys accuse us of using software after a few 5-0 Plunder stompings.

Some Guy said:
"You think we can't tell!? You think we don't know what that shit looks like?"

Apparently not.

Wife got reported because she went 58-12 one match. I'm happy with my 20ish kills and 3-4 captures. <3

Now that I can swing the treasure, it's like

a_peterson_071209_QT.jpg

Feels good.

alr1ght

Grenade toss back should just be removed
Defaulting to a pistol after you pick something up needs to be fixed
Wonky camera when pulling people down needs fixing

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
There was an interesting glitch that happened to me yesterday. It was a Team Objective match in Yemen and it was Turf War. I was on my way to capture zone number 3, when I was being shot constantly. Anyway, I get inside the zone and there's a sewed off shotgun there someone had dropped. The instant I pressed triangle to grab it, I was sniped, but didn't die from the sniper shot despite me being in the gray screen when I was hit. Here's where it all goes wrong though...I regain my health, but I hear a heartbeat like when you're about to die. I aimed the sewed off shotgun since someone was entering the zone, and my character strafes toward and gets stuck in that animation while being a god in the sense that I couldn't die. So for the rest of the match, I was stuck in that strafing animation (couldn't move, couldn't aim, couldn't shoot) while being immortal. No one from the other team could capture that zone because I couldn't die. Guess what objective was afterwards? King of the Hill and guess where the hill spawned? In the place I was glitched at. The fucked up part is that this happened in the beginning of the match (had 3 kills, 2 deaths) and I ended up scoring the most points for the match despite being glitched like a fool where I couldn't move or do anything. :/

alr1ght

I had a FFA glitch before where everyone just died off one by one, and couldn't respawn. Was forced to quit out.

Rewrite said:
There was an interesting glitch that happened to me yesterday. It was a Team Objective match in Yemen and it was Turf War. I was on my way to capture zone number 3, when I was being shot constantly. Anyway, I get inside the zone and there's a sewed off shotgun there someone had dropped. The instant I pressed triangle to grab it, I was sniped, but didn't die from the sniper shot despite me being in the gray screen when I was hit. Here's where it all goes wrong though...I regain my health, but I hear a heartbeat like when you're about to die. I aimed the sewed off shotgun since someone was entering the zone, and my character strafes toward and gets stuck in that animation while being a god in the sense that I couldn't die. So for the rest of the match, I was stuck in that strafing animation (couldn't move, couldn't aim, couldn't shoot) while being immortal. No one from the other team could capture that zone because I couldn't die. Guess what objective was afterwards? King of the Hill and guess where the hill spawned? In the place I was glitched at. The fucked up part is that this happened in the beginning of the match (had 3 kills, 2 deaths) and I ended up scoring the most points for the match despite being glitched like a fool where I couldn't move or do anything. :/

The best is when you spawn on a buddy, and there's a grenade, but it blows you up at your next spawn point, and the camera goes haywire.

Or, picking up the idol and it respawns right out of your hands. Or waiting for the spawn location to pick it up, and it spawns, only it spawns you elsewhere. Last one only happens within a few feet though.

Rikyfree

alr1ghtstart said:
Grenade toss back should just be removed- NO.
Defaulting to a pistol after you pick something up needs to be fixed- YES.
Wonky camera when pulling people down needs fixing- YES.

jett

D-Member
alr1ghtstart said:

what the fuck is wrong with you boy

Darvan

Is anyone else controller stop working within the game? It'll be fine and then I can't move my guy etc. I can hold the PS button down and quit the game but it's getting annoying that I have to do that.

darkwing

alr1ghtstart said:
why would you want to remove the grenade toss back?? it's awesome to kill the original thrower this way

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Holy fuck at the amount of character skins in the multiplayer.

There's a lot. They'll probably be some of the DLC skins, but dayyuuumm.

Here's a video that shows them all along with the MP maps, custom games options (which are severely lacking a shitload of options compared to UC2), and game modes.

Warning, the video does contain character/location spoilers so watch at your own risk.

The worst news ever for me:
4 skeleton skins. 2 for the heroes/2 for villains. they better be the loudest, Naughty Dog. BETTER.

darkwing

Rewrite said:
Holy fuck at the amount of character skins in the multiplayer.

There's a lot. They'll probably be some of the DLC skins, but dayyuuumm.

Here's a video that shows them all along with the MP maps, custom games options (which are severely lacking a shitload of options compared to UC2), and game modes.

Warning, the video does contain character/location spoilers so watch at your own risk.

The worst news ever for me:
4 skeleton skins. 2 for the heroes/2 for villains. they better be the loudest, Naughty Dog. BETTER.
yeah, spoiler alert, but yeah tons of things to do in the mp

DigiMish

I'm waiting for that Desert Village glitch to get fixed because it is WAY too easy to do it. I tried it once today just to see if I can do it, and I got it on my 2nd try.

Put up some blocking volumes there or something, Naughty Dog.

kikanny

So what's the consensus on the best gun right now? Every gun feels a little lose to me. FAL was my favorite in U2...but there seems to be something wrong with GMAL though...

DigiMish

kikanny said:
So what's the consensus on the best gun right now? Every gun feels a little lose to me. FAL was my favorite in U2...but there seems to be something wrong with GMAL though...

LOL, the KAL is hands down the best gun right now.

EXGN

Tried it for a little bit last night, was kinda disappointed. I played the U2 beta a TON and also hit the cap in the full game, and it just seemed like more fun to me. People feel like bullet sponges and with the new sprinting, it's really easy to lose someone after you've gotten the drop on them.

I'll play it a bit more to see if it gets better when I'm not level 1 pitted against all level 35 players.

jett

D-Member
DigiMish said:
LOL, the KAL is hands down the best gun right now.

M9 forever

Although the other day I was successfully rushed by KALtards, usually ends up with the both of us dead. Dumbasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom