• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3: Subway's Deception Multiplayer Discussion [New Patch Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigiMish

jett said:
M9 forever

Although the other day I was successfully rushed by KALtards, usually ends up with the both of us dead. Dumbasses.

For me, it depends on the map. Most of the time, I go with the M9 though because overall, I feel that it's the best gun that can deal with most situations fairly well. Plus, it's not like I can't hipfire and punch a dude similar to the KAL.

I finally unlocked the KAL again (my level got reset), and decided to use it in a FFA match on the Chateau. I went like 15 and 4. I think I'm going to stick with the KAL on the Chateau most of the time now...

I actually got my first hate mail because of that match with a dude calling me a noob and telling me to aim and use L1. His clan tag was [L1!]. I replied that it's the way Naughty Dog wanted us to play the game, and told him that if he doesn't like it, he can go back to UC2.

Also, god dammit at the skeleton skins. Maybe they won't be as thin/camouflaged as the UC2 ones?

good God, this game plays amazing now. Some little things they need to fix here and there, but WAY better than how it initially started. Also I like it better than Uncharted 2.

AngryMoth

I've been trying out the dragon sniper for a bit, but now i suck with the m9 :(. DS is actually suprisingly amazing as a primary weapon. It's by far the best choice for the London underground intro sequence, which I have hated until now.

kikanny said:
So what's the consensus on the best gun right now? Every gun feels a little lose to me. FAL was my favorite in U2...but there seems to be something wrong with GMAL though...

Probably still the gmal, with the other guns outside of the sniper rifle, you basically can't have a decent ranged game especially given the levels are a bit larger.

LightOfTruth said:
good God, this game plays amazing now. Some little things they need to fix here and there, but WAY better than how it initially started. Also I like it better than Uncharted 2.
All they did was add a bit of stopping power (not nearly enough though). You likely just adapted. Game is still the same shit for me. Will not be buying at launch, perhaps never.

LightOfTruth said:
Great to hear ND has fixed the issues before release. I had so much fun in the beta. I can't wait for MP now.

Zoibie

I'm still not a fan of the recoil and hit boxes but I'm getting used to it, slowly. And I'm having a lot more fun now than I was at the start of the month, that's for sure.

creid

I put in a Subway code today and the Multiplayer Cash reward seems to be unavailable. Is this new? Any idea why I can't pick this one?

elco

Sorry if this has been addressed or beaten to death, but there is ~4k posts to go through.

Maybe I am playing this all wrong, but I do not remember this being an issue with UC2. I feel like every time I play this demo ~80% of the encounters play out the same. I get shot X amount of times and as I line up my attacker I get melee'd once and drop dead. I keep going back to give it a shot but not having any luck or fun yet. I grabbed some codes for a couple friends and before I could even find time to party up with them they came to me complaining about the exact same problem.

Its not that I am not familiar with a cover based shooter as I've played UC2, and all the gears of wars. Is there some other gameplay mechanic I may be missing out on entirely? Is there a mike tyson perk unlocked in the upper 20s? I am buying this game either way as I am sure the single player will be that good.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Chinner said:
so where can i get a code. i'm in the eu and i dont have ps + :(
I have a spare US code if you want. You can use your EU account to play it, you just need a US account to redeem the code and initialize the download.

Mikey Jr. said:
So, today?

Anyone know how many maps are in the final game? People already have the game, so can't they make a private match and count the number of maps?
I was at one of the AMC events and I saw the map select screen for a second. My count was 10, but like I said it was only a brief glance so I might be wrong.

Mikey Jr. said:
Btw, FAL looks like its back.
It is. They had all the weapons available and lv 3 boosters at the event I went to and I saw a couple of modded FAL's. Also saw a booster I think you guys might not like, it was called Gotcha and the description made it sound a lot like Situational Awareness. The medal count for it to kick in was pretty high though (12 or 17 I think) and it had a timer.

creid said:
I put in a Subway code today and the Multiplayer Cash reward seems to be unavailable. Is this new? Any idea why I can't pick this one?
It's been like that for a while. They ran out of cash codes a couple of weeks ago.

Darkatomz

Killthee said:
It is. They had all the weapons available and lv 3 boosters at the event I went to and I saw a couple of modded FAL's. Also saw a booster I think you guys might not like, it was called Gotcha and the description made it sound a lot like Situational Awareness. The medal count for it to kick in was pretty high though (12 or 17 I think) and it had a timer.
It's probably what Rewrite was referencing earlier on this page.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32059993&postcount=3714

Frankly, if this stuff still holds true in the retail release, I wonder what the point of unique guns are if Weapon Expert will be able to do the same thing (aside from freeing up a booster slot). Also:
-Gotcha seems too cheap (medal-wise) for what it does
-Juggernaut could be a bitch for objective games

But who knows. Why ND didn't put more things in the beta for balancing, I don't know. I'd rather they didn't make massive changes to the game once it comes out, LIKE THEY ONCE SUGGESTED they would.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Darkatomz said:
It's probably what Rewrite was referencing earlier on this page.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32059993&postcount=3714

Frankly, if this stuff still holds true in the retail release, I wonder what the point of unique guns are if Weapon Expert will be able to do the same thing (aside from freeing up a booster slot). Also:
-Gotcha seems too cheap (medal-wise) for what it does
-Juggernaut could be a bitch for objective games

But who knows. Why ND didn't put more things in the beta for balancing, I don't know. I'd rather they didn't make massive changes to the game once it comes out, LIKE THEY ONCE SUGGESTED they would.
Yup that was it, but I remember the medal cost being in the double digits. I might be confusing the cost with Juggernaut/Hammer Time though cause those 2 also stood out when I was flipping through the kickbacks.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Mikey Jr. said:
I laughed at that whole segment of the video. It's the only tactic people still use in objective games. However, the rest of the video was great.

- - -

I didn't want Sure Foot back in. People are guaranteed to use this booster in objective games and will be unstoppable if they're running and blindfiring. The grenades at least knocked them out and gave you an opportunity to kill these players, but with Team Safe (as it is called now) they will be unstoppable. Why not promote rolling away from grenades instead? It works.

That list of possible boosters/kickbacks is a bit worrisome only because of the effects it can have in objective games.

One minor grip:

Blindfiring sucks with the AK most of the time (haven't tried it with the blindfiring accuracy mod), which is good. It sucks with the G-MAL, which is good. It doesn't suck however for the M9. I can live with the KAL-7 since it has horrible recoil when you aim and the stopping power sometimes helps you in killing rushing KAL-7 users, but the M9 blindfire needs to be like the AK's.

web01

Mikey Jr. said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEWnzMAYU1E&list=UU6dJUKUc-JNEmqAzRBil_zQ&feature=plcp

MP director shows you how to blindfire/melee.

Yeah.............

Btw, FAL looks like its back.

Got to love a company that tries to spin their shitty multiplayer gameplay balance as features.

Whats that melee and and blindfire are completely over powered? Nah thats the IRON FIST feature!

Shows how disingenuous they are when they talk about taking on community feedback to fix the game.

DigiMish

web01 said:
Got to love a company that tries to spin their shitty multiplayer gameplay balance as features.

Whats that melee and and blindfire are completely over powered? Nah thats the IRON FIST feature!

Shows how disingenuous they are when they talk about taking on community feedback to fix the game.

I thought that was a great video explaining UC3 multiplayer. Iron Fist existed since UC1 man - and in this game, it's a critical feature in multiplayer.

Thrakier

I don't get the drama either. Iron Fist and Blindfire are legit parts of the combat in UC3. I don't get why we should only use ironsights. I remember when MW1 startet that iron sights stuff and suddenly every shooter did it and everyone was complaining "oh now I need to use iron sights now all the time" blablablabla.

So I have a cinema file of a plunder game where my teammates were killing me near the chest and throwing the treasure back or delivering themselves. And another at chateau where they would just throw the treasure in that ledge behind a broken buildng near the jeep and start deathmatch plunder. Is it worth uploading and reporting?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Good games tonight, Bleach and Code. You too other GAFfer we met during Team Deathmatch. It was fun discussing what's broken in this game. Spawning at the opposite side of the map during Treasure Hunter was good times (ha). Not to mention that lagger who I shot four times with the sniper, still managed to kill me and kill Bleach (while Bleach was shooting at him with the AK) until he finally died. :lol

For some reason it froze on matchmaking for me, so I'm calling it quits for the night. Gg's guys. Time for sleep.

Jaroof

jett said:
Wow Museum might be the best looking map yet.

The colors were definitely more vivid than I remembered them being in Uncharted 2.
It looks great.

Also, I'm so tired of everyone camping at the t-bolt spawns -_-
Oh well.. Guess I'll have to get used to it.

web01 said:

Iron Fist has been in since Uncharted 1, just go look at the Trophies.

monocromo

web01 said:

2 out of 2 Uncharted games rewarded the player (with thopies and ingame cash) for learning the Iron Fist technique...

EDIT: Beaten, like 10 times already. Thats what I get for not pressing f5.

Thrakier

RooMHM said:
Is this a game set to release ... seriously?

Just don't get too serious about this...this was the first time something like that happened to me and it was just in the very narrow train section. Nothing is perfect.

Thrakier said:
I don't get the drama either. Iron Fist and Blindfire are legit parts of the combat in UC3. I don't get why we should only use ironsights. I remember when MW1 startet that iron sights stuff and suddenly every shooter did it and everyone was complaining "oh now I need to use iron sights now all the time" blablablabla.

The problem is not that they're part of the combat. It's that they're so overpowered they become the default way to play the game. That's when things get stupid.

Anytime one particular strategy or gun become the dominant way people play the game, that means something is wrong.

Thrakier

jett said:
The trains part of London is completely fucked. Aside from stuff like that it's also prone to visual bugs and framerate problems.

Same is true for the flight section. I always get heavy lag and weird bugs in this part.

Thrakier

BruiserBear said:
The problem is not that they're part of the combat. It's that they're so overpowered they become the default way to play the game. That's when things get stupid.

Anytime one particular strategy or gun become the dominant way people play the game, that means something is wrong.

That's just not true. For me it's about 50/50, it depends on the map. Museum, Subway or HighRise is more L1 aiming (maybe 70/30), desert village is more blindfire (maybe 60/40).

Thrakier said:
That's just not true. For me it's about 50/50, it depends on the map. Museum, Subway or HighRise is more L1 aiming (maybe 70/30), desert village is more blindfire (maybe 60/40).

Well, I'll admit to not having played the multi for a couple weeks now. So maybe the newer tweaks have helped things out a bit.

AEREC

I didn't like the feel of UC3 mp at first (feels much faster than UC2 from what I remember) but it's slowly growing on me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom