• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3: Subway's Deception Multiplayer Discussion [New Patch Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrefpvs

Rewrite said:
I never win anything so I just gave up.

I did forget to post the best part of the video:

U1rpa.png

:lol :lol :lol

Sonovabic.

Rewrite said:

U1rpa.png

As long as that accuracy stays that low, I don't have a problem with it. I bet you won't even be able to tell a difference. A little blindfire boost isn't going to matter if people are just running around in circles anyway.

KAL players are useless. They can only kill you when they're literally right in your face.

I was playing yesterday and I notice this guy sprinting straight at me from a distance when he could have easily just lined up a shot at me. Then I realized he was a KAL tard and the poor bastard had no choice. So I took out me M9 and put him out of his misery.

iNvid02

H_Prestige said:
KAL players are useless. They can only kill you when they're literally right in your face.

I was playing yesterday and I notice this guy sprinting straight at me from a distance when he could have easily just lined up a shot at me. Then I realized he was a KAL tard and the poor bastard had no choice. So I took out me M9 and put him out of his misery.

yup, its sort of impossible to aim with so they pose no threat unless you let them get too close.
usually never happens because i am a beast with the AK, but there are a lot of tight corners in the maps. i'll wait and see

Negs are going to be useless if they only multiply cash for kills. 95% of your money in a match comes from Medals.

"Yay, I got 20 kills! I made 2k instead of 1k. Whoooooo..."

If they multiply all medals earned, or even just kill-related medals, I'll use No Power Weapons and Flat Footed (to spite the Fleet Footers), otherwise I won't use them at all -- if I can stand to play up to that point, that is.

jett

D-Member
Rewrite said:

U1rpa.png

I stand my by opinion that increasing blindfire on the KAL-7 probably matters little. As long as regular accuracy stays low.

Darkatomz

Jeezus, a lot of those new and lv3 boosters scare the shit outta me.

And why the hell are negative boosters cash multipliers?? They're supposed to be experience multipliers dammit. I don't really care for buying every damn little thing in the store.

jett said:
I stand my by opinion that increasing blindfire on the KAL-7 probably matters little. As long as regular accuracy stays low.

What does aiming accuracy matter on the KAL? The accuracy could be so bad on it that the bullets come out perpendicular to the barrel and it wouldn't matter -- no one aims with it, it is a blindfire only weapon.

So since the beta is about the end what's the final thoughts? Just my opinion but compared to Uncharted 2 multiplayer the summer beta multiplayer. Subway is the worst. The gunplay is clunky, the speed is too high, spray and pray is too effective and it's an overall more frustrating experience.

I'm probably going to rent UC3 for the SP and stick to UC2 multi for now, it's still fun as hell even with the lower health.

Snipes424

upJTboogie said:
So since the beta is about the end what's the final thoughts? Just my opinion but compared to Uncharted 2 multiplayer the summer beta multiplayer. Subway is the worst. The gunplay is clunky, the speed is too high, spray and pray is too effective and it's an overall more frustrating experience.

I'm probably going to rent UC3 for the SP and stick to UC2 multi for now, it's still fun as hell even with the lower health.

It's not quite as good as UC3 beta, but it's better than it was before. I will still play it and there is always co-op :)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
U2 pre-1.04 > U2 Beta > U3 Beta > U3 Subway > U2 post-1.04

however, the U2 maps destroy every map in U3.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
H_Prestige said:

They are not useless. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't play this game enough. Most of the maps always have a centralized fighting zone where the combat happens in very close quarters, so KAL 7 users have the advantage because of the crazy blindfire accuracy and it's rate of fire. I'm not even touching KAL-7 players in Team Objective where you get objectives like King of the Hill/Turf War where combat is 100% close quarters. Stopping power isn't enough to kill someone sprinting at you and meleeing you afterwards in Team Objective. Go to Free For All and you'll see how someone can completely dominate the match with the KAL-7. And this is ALWAYS the combination KAL-7 users have...KAL-7 with the Uzi. Ugh. If all you do is play Team Deathmatch, you won't notice any of these things.

jett said:
Matters little? As long as regular accuracy stays low? No one aims with the KAL-7. It's not a gun designed to be aimed in the state that it's in right now because of the crazy recoil. It's like aiming that power weapon (forget the name of it...PAK?), only the recoil of the PAK is better. Increasing the blindfire accuracy to 100% matters A LOT in the state that the multiplayer is in.

---

I hate the Uzi (Micro) blindfire spam. The Para9's rate of fire still fucking blows when you aim, but it is consistent if you blindfire it. The Raffica pistol sucks because it's like the Uzi...blindfire fest. Aiming the raffica pistol isn't good because it takes a lot of shots to successfully kill someone with it. I hate these pistols so much. :( I miss the 92FS.

Quick Boom needs to be fixed as well. It doesn't need to have a timer. It should be a one time use only booster just like the RPG/Sniper/Double Barrel Shotgun kickback. The Endurance booster makes it even worse along with Explosive Expert...shit, you don't even need to have Booster Slot 1 with Explosive Expert because you can just buy it as a paid booster allowing you to have whatever you want in Slot 1. No Endurance? Use Back in the Saddle to spawn back quicker! Another problem with it is that since it's so effective, you get a shitload of medals for all of your kills, making you that much closer to filling up your medal kickback again. In contrary, if you use something like The Sniper kickback, you won't fill up your medals so quickly while you're using it.

jett

D-Member
Since this thread is about to become dead, I figured I'd update it with a some info on the retail edition: You level up really quickly. Only 2~ million dollars to reach level 70, current max is supposedly 75. I imagine that'll be raised soon enough. I have like 35 million in Uncharted 2. :p

KAL2006

Banned
So we are near to the release of Uncharted 3, I can't believe Naughty Dogg haven't bothered to patch the game up, these minor tweaks are not doing it for me, the summer Beta was some of the most fun I have ever had with multiplayer, what we have now is garbage, I will obviously play U3 for singleplayer and co-op, but the multiplayer is dead to me, which is a shame as it had so much potential, if Uncharted 3 MP played like the summer Beta, it would have been my go to multiplayer game.

upJTboogie said:
So since the beta is about the end what's the final thoughts?

Everything in the Subway shit is worse than anything before it -- even the U2 maps because of looks and shitty gameplay. Boosters, kickbacks, powerplays, overtime, sudden death, running animations, female animations, weapons, and maps, are all shit.

U2 1.00-1.04 > U2 beta >>>>>>>>> U3 beta >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
U2 Current >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>> Subway shit > U2 1.05

They would have to make serious changes to get me to enjoy this again.

cluxdeluxe said:
They need to bring back all the maps from 2 except the lost city.

Prepare to laugh if the remaining 8 maps from U2 are the maps in the first 4 map packs for U3.

jett said:
Since this thread is about to become dead, I figured I'd update it with a some info on the retail edition: You level up really quickly. Only 2~ million dollars to reach level 70, current max is supposedly 75. I imagine that'll be raised soon enough. I have like 35 million in Uncharted 2. :p

That... doesn't seem right.

Isn't the lvl35 cap 695k XP?

KAL2006 said:
...I will obviously play U3 for singleplayer and co-op, ...

I won't touch Co-op if headshots still aren't 1-hit-kills.

That shit pissed me off to no end in the beta.

jett

D-Member
RyanardoDaVinci said:
Everything in the Subway shit is worse than anything before it -- even the U2 maps because of looks and shitty gameplay. Boosters, kickbacks, powerplays, overtime, sudden death, running animations, female animations, weapons, and maps, are all shit.

Isn't the lvl35 cap 695k XP?

Yeah...I leveled up twice from 3 deathmaches and one co-op play, lol. I'm not sure if it's on purpose or if multiplayer is bugged.

That's very strange.

I can't imagine they'd make it even easier to level; Subway was already faster than the Beta.

But then again, I can't imagine 90% of the stuff they've done with the MP, so.... :p

Who cares if it doesn't take too long too reach max level. U2 leveling was stupid. You literally had to spend 200+ hours boosting using only using negitve boosters and abusing the 2x experience days by playing all day and throwing out skill for pure money boosting to even get close to near the top.

And for what? NOTHING! Then near 3/4 of the games online life they add a new skin if you had max level.

I do NOT wanna see that in U3. Anyone should be able to get max level if they put the time into it.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
RyanardoDaVinci said:
That's very strange.

I can't imagine they'd make it even easier to level; Subway was already faster than the Beta.

But then again, I can't imagine 90% of the stuff they've done with the MP, so.... :p
It's because casual players need a reason to come back and play. In CoD, you level up pretty quickly and get XP for everything. In UC3, it's the same thing too. If people see they can level up quickly even after reaching a somewhat high level rank, they'll continue to play because the game keeps rewarding them. In Uncharted 2, it took for fucking ever to level up, so for most casual players it wasn't worth it because reaching the next level became an impossible task. I personally don't care about leveling up as easy as it is, but I do understand that a lot of people do care about it

I hope there's a patch right away that adds more stopping power. I fucking detest getting killed by someone sprinting/blindfiring at me when I'm aiming at them. Or worse...I kill them, but their punch registers at the last second killing me. A person who aims should always win, damn it. M9 blindfire needs to be toned down as well. Plus there's the other mini problems that we've discussed to death in this thread that needs fixing too...

Hopefully ND sees Eugenide's/TripleWRECK's beta review videos. They're really good and informative.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Given all the boosters, kickbacks and weapons mods you unlock by leveling up, I think it's fair to let players do it quickly. Trying to level up in UC2 past level 50 was a chore.

jett

D-Member
Chamber said:
Given all the boosters, kickbacks and weapons mods you unlock by leveling up, I think it's fair to let players do it quickly. Trying to level up in UC2 past level 50 was a chore.

True. I still forsee ND unlocking levels all the way to 100. :p

jett

D-Member
RyanardoDaVinci said:
I won't touch Co-op if headshots still aren't 1-hit-kills.

That shit pissed me off to no end in the beta.

I guess you won't be touching it then! Enemies have the same health as a human opponent.

tigerin

Rewrite said:
Part 2 of Eugenide's and TripleWRECK's review of the Subway beta.

Titled: Balancing

These videos are so fucking excellent.

lol this video is stupid.

what's the difference between double health and double damage? it's the same thing lol. i've never had a problem with double damage. even when i had it or the enemies had it. i've never encounter a enemy hiding from my team with a double damage either. power play is great because it gives the losing team a chance to not look like a fool. rarely does the losing side win the match. RARELY.

i have no comment about the sniper cause i hate snipers in general.

then there is smoke bomb, nothing is wrong with it. i rarely see anyone use it and even when i use it, i've never respawn behind an enemy. one time, the grenade still killed me after i used the smoke bomb. so it's not that useful.

seems like people complain just to complain. useless video after all.

btw, i'm starting to like the blind fire and melee stuffs. give me a new experience with shooting game and it pretty fun.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
tigerin said:
lol this video is stupid.
No, it's not. It's very informative and goes into great detail. It's anything but stupid.

what's the difference between double health and double damage? it's the same thing lol. i've never had a problem with double damage. even when i had it or the enemies had it. i've never encounter a enemy hiding from my team with a double damage either. power play is great because it gives the losing team a chance to not look like a fool. rarely does the losing side win the match. RARELY.
First of all, let's get this out of the way: They're not the same thing. One is double health and one is double damage. How is that remotely the same thing? Are you dense?

Second of all, I don't know what matches you're playing, but every time Double Damage kicks in, the winning team goes into hiding for most of the time period the power play is on. It changes the flow of the match which is exactly what the video is talking about. Other power plays change the flow of the match, but in this one, it changes it for the worse in my opinion. It's not fun for the winning team to die within seconds of you being encountered by the enemy. It just takes one melee hit to kill someone during Double Damage, which is bullshit. The solution they propose (double health) would be ideal, because the winning team wouldn't go into hiding in fear that they'll die with three bullet shots and the losing team wouldn't have to look around the map to find the people that are hiding. Double health would make sense since it'll give an edge to the winning team, but still be somewhat fair to the losing team. As it is, double damage is too much of a crutch.

then there is smoke bomb, nothing is wrong with it. i rarely see anyone use it and even when i use it, i've never respawn behind an enemy. one time, the grenade still killed me after i used the smoke bomb. so it's not that useful.

seems like people complain just to complain. useless video after all.
There is something wrong with Smoke Bomb and in the video, they explain exactly what's wrong with it. Contrary to other kickbacks which are all for offensive tactics, this one is for defensive purposes only. It doesn't get you a kill. It's to escape from danger. However, with the way it is right now, it doesn't let you escape from danger the majority of the time that you use it. As explained, you'll teleport behind someone, die the instant you smoke your way out (due to lag), or reappear in the area where you used it. It needs to be fixed.

btw, i'm starting to like the blind fire and melee stuffs. give me a new experience with shooting game and it pretty fun.
Haha.

I really dislike it when people take their time to explain why something doesn't work and go into great detail explaining why, only to have someone dismiss it because "it doesn't happen to me". It doesn't mean that what's explained isn't true.

alr1ghtstart said:
Bleach sighting at the end! video is pretty good, but their first video is spot on (basically revert to the beta). That sniper autoaim looks terrible.
I posted that video in this thread. The first video is so gooooood.

Inanna said:
God yes!! I hate every single pistol in the MP in comparison. I miss pistol only matches in UC2.
Same here. I never did get my Hammers Only lab in the end, after all. :(

Darkatomz

Jeezus, why can't I blindfire or aim with an M9 as good as those guys in the videos? :(

All of those points that they made were really good ones though. Already mentioned countless times throughout this thread too.

web01

I think it is more dodgy they are putting U2 DLC maps in the game then will sell the maps they created new for U3 as DLC.

Rewrite said:

That was a great video. I hope ND is watching.

For the most part I agree with most of what they said. I'm wondering why ND put those changes onto the sniper rifles? As someone who practically mains a sniper rifle, i'm wondering if they did this to prevent a Snipe-fest. The learning curve for it might be better for everyone in the long run.

Rewrite said:

They make some good points but their fixes aren't that great.

Double Damage to Double Health is stupid. At the very most, the DD powerplay should be changed to 1-hit-melee-kills, call it Ironfist or some shit. That way the good team isn't totally fucked and can still defend themselves by playing smart and keeping some distance between the shitty team.

Sniper, I semi-agree on. Really, it just needs to go back to the way it was in U2 (funny how that can be applied to nearly everything...), bring back OTS aiming and expand the reticule when doing so, so it's not pinpoint accurate -- it's not that difficult ND. Aiming movement EXACTLY like U2 with OTS aiming and click-to-scope = fixed sniper.

Smoke Bomb -- sounds to me like they can't stand getting their killstreaks broken. Yeah, it's fucked because it can spawn you in a worse location, but what are you gonna do?

jett said:
I guess you won't be touching it then! Enemies have the same health as a human opponent.

sonofa...

These fuckers can't do anything right!

Yes. Punish me because I CAN FUCKING AIM.

That makes perfect sense.

chessnut

^I agree with you on those 3 points.

ND needs to fix sprint first, then sniping. I don't really give a shit about the whole double damage thing,but I guess that iron first idea sounds good.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Just popped in UC2 as a farewell MP night and oh my god...everyone aims. It's so beautiful. Sure it seems like the whole match has the Double Damage power play on because of the low health, but not once have I seen blindfire. Plus the hammer doesn't suck! And my 92FS! <3 <3 <3

DigiMish

Rewrite said:
Just popped in UC2 as a farewell MP night and oh my god...everyone aims. It's so beautiful. Sure it seems like the whole match has the Double Damage power play on because of the low health, but not once have I seen blindfire. Plus the hammer doesn't suck! And my 92FS! <3 <3 <3

Really? I tried it and couldn't find anybody to play with!

Rikyfree

One thing I wish they would do is weapon skins that are from other games. Imagine using the bullseye skin for the AK or the carbine skin for the M9 from Resistance.
Or the Helghast Rifle for the GMAL or the ISA rifle for the FAL SS. Would be so cool since they are already putting in other characters from other games, so why not, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom