• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Gameplay (E3 2015)

MilkBeard

I was seriously impressed by the general visual design of the landscape, and also how everything had great physics when you run into it. It looks like it would be fun to just roam and run things over.

Anyway, this game looks cool, even though I'm not that interested in this style of TPS. Definitely has my attention now.

Gameplay is so damn fluid, and is everything destructible?. And the vehicles segment looked incredibly fun, great to see us actually controlling the vehicle for once

Love how open the level design has become.

btkadams

Unreal demo. Can't wait! I did not expect this to be the highlight of the show since we've already seen it twice before, but damn!

PaulloDEC

Looks absolutely unreal. Can't believe how long that chase scene went on, they must've spent months building that environment.

This...was the biggest thing at the conference...Now I am not surprised they left it til last. People said this wouldnt surpass the Order? That was insane...!

Gurish

This is the best demonstration I have ever seen!
ND out did their U2 demo, I'm in shock!

It looked so fucking amazing, destroyed even The Order, unbelievable.

Osahi

Seriously, how big is that level? Seemed like you could take different routes with the car.

And those graphs... Shit.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The subtitle of this game should be "Republican Wet Dream" because every person in that city had a gun.

Vehicles looked like a great addition.

Wow the fidelity of these newer games is really insane. This game looks worlds better than the last time we saw it. Just beautiful.

Tagg9

This was simply the greatest gameplay demo I have ever seen. The graphical fidelity, the destructible environments, the physics, the voice acting, textures, vehicle handling, script, everything!!!

I don't know how Naughty Dog does it - surely they've spent the last two years working on this single level?!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
CHlulMEWIAAH4_I.png:large

Elios83

This and Horizon are clearly beyond whatever has been done so far in this gen.
Amazing.
And basically open world confirmed.

How does Naughty Dog keep doing this?

Amazing work.

When I first saw them quickly moving through the crowds and all the details, my first thought was that they're capable of doing this because its a simple walking sequence with no real gameplay-- and then all hell broke loose with the shooting and the punching and the rolling and the smashing and the dodging and the driving and the -- how the fuck?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The game looks amazing, though it seems like Drake can't pick up grenades thrown by enemies (or at least the icon didn't appear). Hopefully that feature is implemented in the final game.

Laughed a lot at the movement glitch. I need a PS4 now.

First game had driving sections. Jetski and jeep
You could drive a jeep in U1? I don't remember that, and I played it early this year.

Naughty Dog never fails to impress. I almost thought they aren't going to show to keep us wanting more and not give too much. But damn, they came and delivered. They always raise the bar.

Gaffi

The destructible environments were super impressive and the open layout of everything really adds to the excitement. I feel like they really are trying for a more open version of a linear game.

This was the best game of the entire E3 showings. Fallout 4 is the best 2015 game shown. Uncharted 4 was basically a nuke and proof that Naughty Dog has not only still got it but actually are an improved version of themselves.

braves01

Banned
The video isn't helping Drake's body count. Tons of civilians caught up in his lust for treasure as markets get shot up and run over and the entire city and the livelihoods of thousands of innocents are destroyed.

Seriously, how big is that level? Seemed like you could take different routes with the car.

And those graphs... Shit.

It looks like there were at least 2 paths at every intersection. When they hit the more open areas I could barely keep track anymore.

And the animations are incredible all around. Nate's movement, the melee stuff, the kill animations. Good lawwwwd

It looks amazing! HOLY SHIT!

Edit: Damn... I think they couldn't finish the whole demo on time :/ That new trailer has some footage's that should have follow up where it ended...

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Pretty nice set piece. Was hoping for more sandbox gameplay and good AI though.

Top Bottom