• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Gameplay (E3 2015)

Game4life

Banned
This shit just annhilated every other tps that is coming out. Sorry but this is shaping up to be one of the greatest tps games of all time. Black tusk, CD please watch and learn - this is how you combine mechanics, level design and encounter design, choice and have them form a perfect cohesive whole. This is how setpeices are designed - never sacrificing mechanics for spectacle.

JP

God its amazing how many people in these threads are "unimpressed". If this kind of thing doesn't impress you then there is no point in really gaming anymore.

It's like people go through these threads to purposefully hate on everything. I just don't get it at all.
I know, it's almost as if some people are upset because there wasn't announcements for The Last Guardian, Shenmue III and a Final Fantasy VII remake or something.

xJavonta

Banned
Yes, Uncharted does style/spectacle amazingly. The actual gameplay and gameplay mechanics are pure mediocre, though. I could care less about flashy action scenes. The games are too cheesy for me to get invested in the story or characters, so I don't give a shit what's going on. All I know is that it has zero gameplay depth with mediocre combat mechanics and 'press A for awesome' traversal. It's the prototypical flash over substance AAA series.

TLOU was this sort of game done right.
Literally every post I've ever seen from you has been bashing something. You are the troll of gaf.

JeanPi

Banned
Uncharted is totally worth it for the experience in the campaign, but i agree that the combat is mediocre. Uc2 was amazing, but the other 3 were meh.

WinFonda

Yes, Uncharted does style/spectacle amazingly. The actual gameplay and gameplay mechanics are pure mediocre, though. I could care less about flashy action scenes. The games are too cheesy for me to get invested in the story or characters, so I don't give a shit what's going on. All I know is that it has zero gameplay depth with mediocre combat mechanics and 'press A for awesome' traversal. It's the prototypical flash over substance AAA series.

haha what. there is no other game that combines as many elements as Uncharted and does them all nearly as well. closest thing would be something like GTA, but Uncharted is so much more focused and polished in its individual components. Uncharted is much like TLOU, the whole is far greater than the sum of its parts. one thing i loved about their E3 demo was just watching you could tell the vehicle physics and handling are totally on point.

I don't think it's hate towards UC at all. I think it's the fact that people say outlandish things because they are so excited about their favorite system and developer. Nothing wrong with it. But people should be able to voice their likes and dislikes about a game without replies like, "joke post". Not everyone thinks that UC4 is the best looking game out there. We should all respect each others opinions.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dont judge me

Battlefront impressed me. Im hard impressed these days

All the little things going on in every scene in all the gifs posted is pretty fucking impressive.

No game in the past or out now does all those little details and individual physics. (ND is basically showing off their GPGPU prowess I suspect.)

They are easy to miss in a new gameplay scenario shown with quick cuts, but watching again and isolating them in gif form really puts all of that into perspective. I recommend watching some of them and seeing some of the quoted comments pointing out those details.

That could be the greatest E3 or any gameplay demo ever. I'm trying to think of something better but I can't. Maybe MGSV trailer.

GOD I was legit shook the entire time.

KooopaKid

Banned
My post from the prediction thread a month back...

Apart from the four minute part and Sully only appearing at the end, I was pretty darn accurate!

"Uncharted 4 predictions - No lengthy gameplay demonstration this time; it'll get a four minute trailer that's pure fanservice. Set piece-driven, urban area, lighter in tone, and Sully makes an appearance near the end, Uncharted fans the world over have a heartgasm. Done."

1) 7min35s demo
2) 26s trailer
3) Sully appears right at the beginning

I'd say you were completely off the mark sorry.

Fjordson

I agree with some of this. I mean I think the gameplay is fine (not great, but it works) but the story stuff is sometimes cheesy and the set pieces are kinda mind numbing for me at this point. Just boring.

Like pretty much all of Naughty Dog's modern games, I'll play it and respect the craftsmanship, but I doubt it'll leave any sort of lasting impression.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Check that post history yikes. Seems to be more an Xbox guy too. Funny how they chime in these threads spread negativity and leave.

I figured out the angle real quick when he mentioned in another thread supporting a comment someone made about KZ: Shadow Fall being a "jaggiefest".

I remember that game being praised at how little the aliasing was for a launch game, especially with pics of lots of pipes and wires shown with barely any aliasing that one would normally expect in those scenes.

Probably Giantbomb fans.

I didn't want to say it, buuuuut....

Piggus

God its amazing how many people in these threads are "unimpressed". If this kind of thing doesn't impress you then there is no point in really gaming anymore.

It's like people go through these threads to purposefully hate on everything. I just don't get it at all.

Probably Giantbomb fans.

By George I think he's got it!! What is wrong with Ubisoft,DICE, CDPR, RAD, EA, etc..??? Don't they realize they need to hire the devs at ND to make a PS4 run like a Titan X?

PS4 + secret sauce (ONLY by ND) >>> Any developer's effort to make graphically beautiful games.

Not to derail this thread but I think that, on a visual level, EA & DICE actually did better than ND. I love Uncharted but Star Wars Battlefront struck me a lot more than UC4.

I agree with some of this. I mean I think the gameplay is fine (not great, but it works) but the story stuff is sometimes cheesy and the set pieces are kinda mind numbing for me at this point. Just boring.

Like pretty much all of Naughty Dog's modern games, I'll play it and respect the craftsmanship, but I doubt it'll leave any sort of lasting impression.
U2 and TLOU are my GOTG and of many gamers,so figure out about lasting impressions.

LastNac

Just saw the demo. Honestly, they saved the best portion for behind closed doors in my opinion.

It switches game play portions several times throughout the segmemt. Some parts put the alley way UC2 truck to shame.

Very intense and very open in terms of how it can be tackled.

Overall loved it.

Outrun

Hey, I am loving what I am seeing from both Tomb Raider and Uncharted 4.

Why are we doubting ND? They sort of have a good record right?.... right....?

Looking forward to Spring 2016 for sure :)

Unkarted indeed.

I fully expect 1 multiplayer racing mode. got to keep the kart racing tradition with the 4th game in ND franchise, lol

I would be totally OK with this. Halo CE had a race mode and I just loved racing around the Cartographer map with my friends in the Warthog, trying to make the craziest jumps with the rocket launcher.

Maaaaan, I will flip out if Uncharted 4 MP has vehicles.

Opinions and all, but i think you are objetively wrong here and in many other threads.Strange.

Jigolo

Just saw the demo. Honestly, they saved the best portion for behind closed doors in my opinion.

It switches game play portions several times throughout the segmemt. Some parts put the alley way UC2 truck to shame.

Very intense and very open in terms of how it can be tackled.

Overall loved it.
Did they say anything about the second half being made public?

Uncharted-4-A-Thiefs-End_2015_06-15-15_005.jpg

yooo is this frikkin concept art or what... help me gaf plz i legit can't tell anymore.

naydog is amaymay

Hi Danny Glover

Not to derail this thread but I think that, on a visual level, EA & DICE actually did better than ND. I love Uncharted but Star Wars Battlefront struck me a lot more than UC4.

Star wars looks great but a lot of what makes UC4 so good easy to miss IMO
The physic and animation.
Then people could not even tell that you were controlling the jeep and there are different ways to get to the end.

Fjordson

U2 and TLOU are my GOTG and of many gamers,so figure out about lasting impressions.
That's great, but also irrelevant to my personal impression of the demo / opinion of the series. Just how I felt about it.

Yeah, the Battlefront demo was crazy.

pixelation

Lordy you are annoying bro. Go jump in a tech thread or something.

He probably hasnt played any of them. Stop engaging Sean guys you'll just want to pull your hair out

Dude always shows up in PS related threads to passive aggressively bring down whatever game is being talked about, annoying really...

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
It seems like people are disappointed because it plays like Uncharted. But isn't that what we wanted? A new uncharted? They showed some branching paths just like they showed a lot of verticality in the first gameplay demo, i think its a decent evolution of the series

djshauny

Banned
There is nothing mediocre about uncharted gameplay. It's seamless movement, traversal and varied gameplay an great MP put other games in its genre to shame.

Such nonsense ND is everything that's wrong? They are one of the few doing it right

What tps has deeper and more varied gameplay?

Zero gameplay depth us a laughable statement.

Agreed.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I first watched the Youtube video and then downloaded the higher quality MP4 video from Gamersyde.

OMYGOD - that was incredible! The spectacle, the number of choices open to the player, the animations, the physics destruction, the vistas, the humor, the little details like running people and animal, the way the characters react. Unbelievable.

I just can't believe the amount of work that must have gone into a long setpiece like this. And it's just 8 minutes of the game. Absolutely unbelievable.

Naughy Gods indeed.

Top Bottom