• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Gameplay (E3 2015)

prag16

Banned
Naughty Dog combat is so godawful.

Nice environments though.

I wouldn't go that far, but yeah, it does look at lot like some of the stuff I didn't like from the trilogy.

However, overall looks really good, and I look forward to playing it once I eventually get a PS4. Not gonna get it just for the one game; the other exclusives don't really excite me heavily, but down the road the this is one of the games that'll force me to get one.

ed_fusion

Banned
I know i'm in the minority here but i think Sully is lame, and he was especially lame during that chase sequence saying a bunch of dumb shit, i don't think the voice actor was selling the sense of danger and excitement at all. Sully sucks.

Albb5L0.gif

prag16

Banned
WOW GAWD!

image_uncharted_4_a_thief_s_end-28644-2995_0006.jpg

Ehh, doesn't really look like Elena anymore. I know there was hubbub about how she changed in design from 1 to 3, but this seems much more drastic. Yeah I know part of it's the higher fidelity and all, but Nathan for example seems like much less of a departure.

Cidd

I know i'm in the minority here but i think Sully is lame, and he was especially lame during that chase sequence saying a bunch of dumb shit, i don't think the voice actor was selling the sense of danger and excitement at all. Sully sucks.

Leave this thread and never return....

Reebot

Elena's look is off but I'm confident her VA (whose name I can't for the life of me remember right now) will deliver again.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Ehh, doesn't really look like Elena anymore. I know there was hubbub about how she changed in design from 1 to 3, but this seems much more drastic. Yeah I know part of it's the higher fidelity and all, but Nathan for example seems like much less of a departure.

Ehh....I think there was debate about Nathan's model when it was first shown just like Elena's. We have just had more time to get used to it.

Elena's look is off but I'm confident her VA (whose name I can't for the life of me remember right now) will deliver again.

Emily Rose.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Elena looks great to me. I had a bigger "this is not right" feeling with Nathan and a lot more with Sully, but 10 years and a better generation of consoles change people.

Also guys, on the extended demo: it has a story spoiler, so watch out.

Christos

If they do that hopefully
Eddie Raja comes back to life
somehow

Yes please, he was awesome.

Elena looks great to me. I had a bigger "this is not right" feeling with Nathan and a lot more with Sully, but 10 years and a better generation of consoles change people.

Also guys, on the extended demo: it has a story spoiler, so watch out.

How big of a spoiler is it? Can you give an example of a spoiler from the previous games?

GnawtyDog

Banned
Thank you!

I am just not sure what he is talking about.

He has no point. He's wrong. Plain and simple. Can't say it's not there what your eyes see is clearly there. It's always amusing to see poster(s) try to attack ND games. Creativity is immense.

Well... I guess is time to enter in media blackout in relation to single player.

Heh yeah someone quoted that preview without the spoiler tag... the original poster had the tags.

Christos

Well... I guess is time to enter in media blackout in relation to single player.

I didn't in U3 and I think it hurted my experience.

Thank god I didn't watch the E3 2011 trailer of the game, after I finished the game I watched it and it had a ridiculous amount of spoilers. Also thanks to YouTube recommendations
I got the young Drake level spoiled :(

Elena looks older, looks perfectly fine.

Why on earth didn't they show the whole demo? Was it too hard to do a live play through of? Also WHEN ARE WE SEEING MULTIPLAYERRR

I am so curious about it

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

I didn't in U3 and I think it hurted my experience.
Part of the reason I liked this and the PSX demo so much was because they weren'r about showing one of the major set pieces. They showed everything from 3 before launch.

stryke

Yeah...if people want to be completely story spoiler free don't watch IGN's video impressions of the extended demo. They pretty much just drop a minor story spoiler at the end.

Arcadius

Banned
Don't know if it's been talked about or if it has already been gif'd, but I wanted to showcase the sand bags being shot at during the beginning of the gameplay demo. The GIF is slowed down to 15fps so we can see how the sand accumulates, I think it's so cool.

PTdw3Ts.gif

I can gif more parts, but it might take a while.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
How big of a spoiler is it? Can you give an example of a spoiler from the previous games?

Oh, I don't know, that's something from the Geoff interview from yesterday, so I wanted to give the heads up again.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Don't know if it's been talked about or if it has already been gif'd, but I wanted to showcase the sand bags being shot at during the beginning of the gameplay demo. The GIF is slowed down to 15fps so we can see how the sand accumulates, I think it's so cool.

Oh no, I can just see people using this saying this is the speed it runs.

Cheers, though!

Darknight

I feel like one of the mistakes they made with U3 was showing so much stuff before release, it's fine they're holding back some of the spectacular sequences.

Never understand these comments. You are free to open a web page or video with a click of a button, no one forces you to read or watch anything.

I read this same thing on every Sony 1st party game. Same stuff was said about Killzone 2/3 I forget which one. Thing is you guys keep reading new segments and people here on GAF love to make GIFs of every damn scene. No wonder you get spoilered.

Its easy though, stay away from any of the game's threads, no exceptions. Avoid reading major sites close to release or avoid the comments areas for the a game previews/reviews.

Sure ND can reveal content to media outlets but its up to you to control yourself looking at what they are showing.

those graphics look more impressive to me than Uc4 imo

Still fotos? Maybe I agree a little. I dont go looking to avoid spoilers. All I can say is U4 models look more realistic while Rise seems like its got a stylized touch to it like U1-3 did.

As for in-game? No. U4 just looks ahead by alot. Particle effects just sell everything. CD has to add more detail to reach U4.

Game4life

Banned
Never understand these comments. You are free to open a web page or video with a click of a button, no one forces you to read or watch anything.

I read this same thing on every Sony 1st party game. Same stuff was said about Killzone 2/3 I forget which one. Thing is you guys keep reading new segments and people here on GAF love to make GIFs of every damn scene. No wonder you get spoilered.

Its easy though, stay away from any of the game's threads, no exceptions. Avoid reading major sites close to release or avoid the comments areas for the a game previews/reviews.

Sure ND can reveal content to media outlets but its up to you to control yourself looking at what they are showing.

Problem is gifs start appearing in other random threads as well which is irritating. Right from which game are you excited about threads to graphics threads these gifs showing new content gets shown. We cant be expected to avoid all threads surely. For example for someone who has not seen the psx demo I am sure would have been surprised by the nathan whip sequence gif inadvertently. It is always better if the company keeps the surprises rather than expecting the audience to try avoiding it with difficulty.

Even here I thought we were only discussing the e3 demo on stage but as it turns out stuff from the other trailer was shown as gifs here which kind of spoilt some sequences.

I wouldn't go that far, but yeah, it does look at lot like some of the stuff I didn't like from the trilogy.

However, overall looks really good, and I look forward to playing it once I eventually get a PS4. Not gonna get it just for the one game; the other exclusives don't really excite me heavily, but down the road the this is one of the games that'll force me to get one.

Every he said was nonsense, combat god awful? What? Uncharted has great combat and gameplay, name another TPS with as good traversal, animations, variety in gameplay that is done as well as uncharted? Typical Naughty dog Games trolling.

UC4 looks to be taking it to another level with the interactivity, destruction, verticality and more open approach to combat encounters...nothing else in the industry now is close in the genre.

Sora_N

Sorry....I had to stop the video halfway through.

It was too good, I would want the game too much.

I like what I saw so much. Based Naughty Gods.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

I can see why you would think that, but I like Sully

PTdw3Ts.gif

I can gif more parts, but it might take a while.

hollyfuck man Incredible

Darknight

Problem is gifs start appearing in other random threads as well which is irritating. Right from which game are you excited about threads to graphics threads these gifs showing new content gets shown. We cant be expected to avoid all threads surely. For example for someone who has not seen the psx demo I am sure would have been surprised by the nathan whip sequence gif inadvertently. It is always better if the company keeps the surprises rather than expecting the audience to try avoiding it with difficulty.

Even here I thought we were only discussing the e3 demo on stage but as it turns out stuff from the other trailer was shown as gifs here which kind of spoilt some sequences.

And with that Im OUT. Screw whoever is doing that.

And yes I agree so you have a valid point just saying there are some people who cant hold themselves and in a media frenzy only to complain ND has too much out there. Any how someone did post a GIF of a Bloodborne boss in some other thread and pissed the hell out of me. He/she didnt state what or from but you knew from that art/look of the image.

i want it to improve.Arma has the ballistics but not the shooting feedback that is what would make this game much more enjoyable as 75% of it is shooting, and the main gameplay criticism is made.See for example The Division reveal,not the last one, video.There they nailed it.

This is what it looks like when a guy wearing a bulletproof vest gets shot with a 9mm like Drake's at even closer range:

https://youtu.be/vjdd-1w9WVM?t=319

As you can see, the reaction is very similar. If anything, the Uncharted example is slightly over-selling the 9mm bullet impact, considering he is wearing military grade body armor for soldiers, and our real-life example is wearing a lighter-weight vest.

I think what you want is big, super-exaggerated Hollywood-style over-reaction. You want blood flying even though the guy is wearing a bulletproof vest. You probably want gibs when the guy gets shot in the arm too, and believe that a shotgun blast to the belly will send a guy flying across a room, because you see it in movies. That's fine if you want all that, but it's perfectly valid for the developers to do what they have done here as well.

Top Bottom