• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Gameplay (E3 2015)

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
It looks like he does though, When Drake shoots the NPC on the side on the right waist area, the NPC turns towards the right and takes a few steps back. When you see Drake shooting at the shoulder area, you see the NPC collapsing in the same general direction. This is within a few seconds.
Not even sure what you're looking at...

pTf4HuF.gif

The NPC barely has any time to react to the shots. This clip shows the opposite of what you're saying. It's incredibly responsive to the shots.

I don't get this? The Enemy is shot in the stomach and appropriately keels downwards as if he has been struck in the middle. How is that not an appropriate physical reaction?

Thank you!

I am just not sure what he is talking about.

No video but impressions from IGN on the second part of the demo:
Where the Press Conference ended with Drake grappling onto a truck and preparing himself for an impact with scaffolding, the demo I saw kept going. Nate crashed through the wood, and continued to be dragged through the water underneath him. He climbed up the rope just in time to begun being dragged through a stretch of mud. The attention to detail as Drake got increasingly messy as tried to regain control was incredible.

After pulling out his pistol and taking out a handful of enemies flanking him on motorcycles, Drake eventually clamored his way onto the back of the truck. He hopped to various vehicles that were all partaking in the chase, eventually tossing out the driver of one and commandeering the vehicle for himself. He eventually caught up with his target, who turned out to be his brother Sam, played by Troy Baker. Though the circumstances weren’t revealed during the demo, Sam was being chased by a whole mess of guys intent on killing him all sorts of dead.

Of course, the second Drake finally caught up with his brother, a truck t-boned his vehicle. When Nate finally came to, he pinned underneath his up-turned truck. As gasoline puddled around him, small fires started to grow. Nathan had to drag himself out of the wreckage, and was about to be killed by one of his pursuers before Sam showed up and saved the day. You hopped on the back his bike and sped off, only to be chased once again by the armored vehicle from the E3 demo, which at this point was pretty much a Terminator on wheels.

The camera swung around to the front of the bike, and as Sam sped away from the truck and wove in and out of obstacles, Nate tried taking out the vehicles with his guns. The scene eventually made its way to a shipping yard, and Sam finally outwitted the Terminator by sliding the bike underneath a massive cargo container and tricking the truck into running into it head-on.

Sam and Nathan rode off into the sunset as innocent dock workers looked on in sheer horror at the carnage that befell their usually-calm job. But that wasn’t the end of the demo.

The scene shifted to later on that night, as the pair rolled into the Ikopa Motel and met up with Sully. The three surveyed a map and cypher, remarking about how they’ve finally discovered the location of Libertalia. Libertalia was a mythical pirate colony located somewhere off the coast of Madagascar, and was as supposed haven for thousands of pirates. The key here is that they stored all of their loot in one common location, which is what the thieves have their eyes on. As Sully remarked, “So where is this commie pirate sanctuary?”

This game can't come soon enough. I wonder what mystical creatures they'll have for this game? Fingers cross for haunted dead pirate's skeletons.

nampad

That just looks like more of the same old Uncharted, which isn't a bad thing though as Naughty Dog are the kings of presentation and the gameplay is fluid, dynamic and fun.

It's just not a big jump over the usual Uncharted stuff but maybe they are keeping their good set pieces close to them this time around.

Where are people getting all the extra info, like being able to exit the car (but obv not in this sequence)? Playstation Twitch channel?

Look at that gas tank. Then look at GAF logo. Coincidence? I think not.

That's definitely a play on the GAF logo.

They changed her face too much in 3.

downloadygqgt.jpg
I don't know, I like the extra makeup, makes her look more attractive.

What I don't get is how does this look so much better than what we've seen so far. Is it the shading? Are they using some next level ray tracing hybrid or something. This is running on a ps4 after all, so it can't be anything too crazy.

Maybe it's the textures? I wonder if someone can replicate this in UE 4.

I need to see MP footage. When are they going to show us that? I think I've seen enough of the SP. It looks fucking godly and that's good enough. Now I want to see these mechanics in MP somehow.

IvorB

Mario Maker, Horizon, and Unravel were my favs personally. Loved the creativity in those for different reasons.

Yeah Horizon was pretty great. I haven't seen Unravel. This Uncharted 4 demo didn't really have the punch of some of their earlier set pieces which is why I think they should have let it play on a bit and given it a more climactic ending. Maybe then we wouldn't be having this conversation. It feels like it's building to something epic.

ND you guys really are the last of the greatest devs :)

This is like The Order but even better because the scale is 100 times bigger.

I can't imagine what ND could do with unrestricted power of a PC...its scary

I know i'm in the minority here but i think Sully is lame, and he was especially lame during that chase sequence saying a bunch of dumb shit, i don't think the voice actor was selling the sense of danger and excitement at all. Sully sucks.

HORRORSHØW

Jeff Gerstmann ‏@jeffgerstmann 2m2 minutes ago
They should’ve showed the longer Uncharted 4 demo at the press conference. The second half is… more nuts?
--
need footage pls

Sharpeye

Grimløck;168493648 said:
Jeff Gerstmann ‏@jeffgerstmann 2m2 minutes ago
They should’ve showed the longer Uncharted 4 demo at the press conference. The second half is… more nuts?
--
need footage pls

Maybe we will get some B-roll footage sometime this week.

I don't have any siblings, but I do have cousins who are like brothers and sisters. This image capatures that relationship so well.

Kinda makes me wonder what that hell happened during their childhood. I mean U3 Spoilers:
Marlowe didn't even mentioned Sam when looking at Nate's record, but we know the mother committed suicide and the father gave him (them?) to the state and Nate ended up in an orphanage, so where the hell was Sam?
Anyways I'm so hyped for this game.

Christos

Kinda makes me wonder what that hell happened during their childhood. I mean U3 Spoilers:
Marlowe didn't even mentioned Sam when looking at Nate's record, but we know the mother committed suicide and the father gave him (them?) to the state and Nate end up in an orphanage, so where the hell was Sam?

I hope they explain it in the game.

Just watched the car chase...and had a huge, stupid grin on my face the entire time. Nobody else does these insane action setpieces so well, but I do hope there'll also be plenty of platforming, exploration and puzzle-solving, too.

Man, I've missed this series and this gang of characters. I have every faith that this instalment will deliver, as I've loved every other game in the series so far (yep, even 3).

Also, Elena looks good, but it's all about Nate for me. Jesus, he looks hotter than ever.

Bandit1

Marlowe didn't even mentioned Sam when looking at Nate's record, but we know the mother committed suicide and the father gave him (them?) to the state and Nate ended up in an orphanage, so where the hell was Sam?

Maybe
By the time their mother committed suicide Sam had already moved out and there was little recorded of him as their father was no longer his guardian at the time he gave Nate up. Now that I think about it their father could still be alive. Which could be interesting if Naughty Dog decides to touch on it. I hope we get to play as young Nate again, maybe when he and Sam were searching for Libertalia the first time.

stryke

Hmm, I think it's obvious they weren't thinking about a brother back when UC3 was being made. I'm sure they'll think of a way to fit it in somehow but personally I'm not too fussed if whatever explanation they come up with seems plausible or not. These games are more about Drake's relationships with others.

I feel like one of the mistakes they made with U3 was showing so much stuff before release, it's fine they're holding back some of the spectacular sequences.

Top Bottom