• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 delayed to Spring 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxley

It's a bummer, but I can't get mad about it. There are a ton of great-looking games coming this year so it's not like we're lacking for stuff to play. So if they need more time, by all means take it.

Crystal Dynamics must be really pissed off. Now they are going to lose all the holiday sales on PS4 (asuming they could deliver all 5 version by the end of the year).

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
It's disappointing, but understandable. My plate is pretty full this year between my Vita, PS4, PC, and 3DS. I can wait until next Spring. I'd rather have Naughty Dog deliver the game they want to than rush it out the door.

oti

Banned
But hey, at least there's a new Assassin's Creed game coming out this year.
troy-barnes-freakout-o.gif

Omni

That sucks. I won't be buying a PS4 until this game is released. Fall line up doesn't seem particularly interesting now.

On the plus side at that point it will be cheaper. So meh

This is probably one of the worst generations of consoles interns of AAA games releases. It still hasn't effected sales one bit which is crazy.

reKon

Banned
Another year for the PS4 with no games.

Disappointed but not unexpected, next will be Persona 5 and the circle will be complete.

This is the worst phrase and it's so damn stupid. Declaring that a console has no games usually means the person saying that is always wrong.

Disappointed but not unexpected, next will be Persona 5 and the circle will be complete.

Lmao How is this still a thing

I guess consoles are only measured by their exclusives?

In that case PS4 sells itself with the upcoming Bloodborne but I gladly play multiplatform titles and indies on it as well

WTF guys stop saying dumb shit

TomShoe

Banned
Crystal Dynamics must be really pissed off. Now they are going to lose all the holiday sales on PS4 (asuming they could deliver all 5 version by the end of the year).

I don't think TR PS4 was coming this year. MS said themselves that the exclusivity period had a duration, my guess is 6 months to a year. I bet the PS4 edition will be out sometime Summer 2016.

A bit of a bummer, but like with the Quantum Break delayed-to-2016 rumor from a few days ago, it's not a huge deal for me. Just means I can spend more time with Bloodborne, Witcher 3, Batman, MGSV, Xenoblade and Zelda. Even with the delays, there's going to be tons of great stuff coming out later this year.

Ultimately, Uncharted 4 will be a better game as a result.

Salex_

I don't care about this console war nonsense, but when people are going around posting bluntly wrong baiting crap, it's hard to not inform people about the truth.

How are Bloodborne, Ratchet & Clank, Persona 5, DQH, Rime, The Tomorrow Children, etc not games?

What do they actually have got this year now then? Holiday period?

I think there's 12 months in a year. We don't know the entire lineup or release dates of Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft's games this year yet.

VeeP

Holiday 2014:

* Sunset Overdrive
* Forza Horizon 2
* HALO MCC

3x AAA with Metacritic of 80/85+/85+

I own an Xbox One. I own Halo MCC. Don't try and put that game up and use it to prove Xbox had a great holiday season or for your console wars bullshit.

Because that game was a fucking disappointment when it launched. Achievements didn't work, multiplayer was broken, party system was shit.

So yes, it has a good meta critic score. But for 4 months that game was broken. I'd rather play The Order than a broken game.

And yes, I know the game is now (mostly) fixed.

SerTapTap

Man, this would be really devastating if I were only going to purchase a single game for my PS4 and only in Q4 like a bunch of people in this thread apparently were planning to do

Omni

I don't think TR PS4 was coming this year. MS said themselves that the exclusivity period had a duration, my guess is 6 months to a year. I bet the PS4 edition will be out sometime Summer 2016.

I think the point was that in a parallel universe where the MS exclusivity deal wasn't made, Tomb Raider would have had fall to themselves without having to compete with UC4 on the PS4

Hypotheticals and all that

This is what happens when you announce games too early.

I can see the uncharted collection as the holiday replacement for it by Sony. Expect to hear about that at E3.
Do people really think U4 is announced too early? I think this is more because Amy Hennig left and Druckley comes in changing stuff. They recast a whole character and had to scrap all the previous work. No wonder it will take extra time after that

The Last of Us was granted more time, and became one of best games of last gen. Take your time ND, and create a proper farewell to Drake and give us an amazing MP experience like you've always have. Ill be playing all the awesome 3rd party titles plus Halo 5 while I wait...

Man, this would be really devastating if I were only going to purchase a single game for my PS4 and only in Q4 like a bunch of people in this thread apparently were planning to do

no shit lol

its mind blowing

2015 is one of the most stacked years in the past decade. And people are serious when acting like Uncharted 4 was the only title coming out.

I really think this forum is quickly becoming just another gamefaqs forum, but with moderation here and there if you say something too crazy.

So Sony has nothing against Forza, Halo and Tomb Raider? Well shit....

Sony is fine selling PS4's through marketing deals with major third party releases. And saving their first party software for when it's ready or when there's less competition in the release schedule. They figured out that exclusives don't matter.

I don't care about this console war nonsense, but when people are going around posting bluntly wrong baiting crap, it's hard to not inform people about the truth.

How are Bloodborne, Ratchet & Clank, Persona 5, DQH, Rime, The Tomorrow Children, etc not games?

Also

Any game on the platform counts as a game

Just because games appear across a multitude of platforms doesnt take them away from the list

And maybe people prefer to play said games on said platforms and ecosystems.

There was a long period last gen where the majority played on 360 regardless because of how good Xbox Live was at the time.

You gonna say 360 had no games just because it was light on exclusives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom