• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 delayed to Spring 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oersted

I know, but, that doesn't seem to be a problem for MS or Nintendo. Are they just better at guessing? Or is it simply better time-management?

That depends. Pikmin 3 was quite often delayed, also Mario Holf for 3DS. I guess also others, but I can't recall right now. But yeah, it happens quite often with Sony as of late.

Some Nobody

I'll take Guerrilla Games new robot dinosaur game for the big fall title then please!

X7pdVX5.jpg

Not going to happen :(

This reminds me...what happened to that Sony Bend game? Horizon (the Guerilla title) was supposedly a 2016 game while Sony Bend had this year alongside ND. Are both going to appear at E3/Gamescom?

The next year is always the best year ever.

Until half of it gets delayed.

Okay don't start that. We got The Order (it wasn't great, but it released), we're getting Bloodborne, Witcher 3, Batman: AK, and Xenoblade Chronicles. Most of the games that were going to make 2015 so great are still coming out this year. FF XV and SF V were never 2015 to anyone realistic, and this is our first real delay.

What happened to being more rational, people?

So, that's Bloodborne, Driveclub, The Order, and Uncharted all with delays. And, I guess The Last Guardian, but, whatever.

Not to get all "CONCERN POST" but what is up with the management of these teams and their schedules? Was LBP3 the only one besides the launch games that made their date?

It isn't just Sony. Rocksteady, CD Projekt...people really seem to be having trouble with next-gen.

Javin98

Banned
giphy.gif

... yet completely expected. The more time that ND have with this game to get it right the better. Hopefully the delay doesn't effect the development of TLOU2 (*crosses fingers*)
This is exactly what I'm hoping for as well. I really don't want the release date of TLoU2 to be significantly delayed because of this. If ND's track record is anything to go by, we should get at least 3 of their games on the PS4.

Auctopus

That's what y'all get for saying there was a downgrade and wanting 60fps. Now Mark Cerny and the ICE team have to work overtime.

I know this a joke but I really hope people don't think they're delaying to implement 60fps. They've just underestimated workload and set pieces most likely. The amount of work that goes in to segments like the train sequence is crazy.

Servbot24

Banned
Not sure that anyone should be trumpeting MCC as some sort of feather in MS's cap for last year releases. Metacritic or not.

Yeah, MCC is an embarrassment that needs to be swept under the rug. Even forgetting that it's just a collection.

Forza and Sunset Overdrive vs DriveClub and LBP3 is advantage MS but not by much.

MS will dominate this holiday though. Even though I want Persona more than Halo or TR.

Well that is really disappointing. There goes Sony's fall/winter. I mean I honestly can't think of any game as big or bigger for Sony that was coming this fall and to a degree this year. Geez, while Sony has been slaying it in sales, but their first and second party...Last fall you had the disastrous Driveclub launch (which is way better now), Littlebigplanet 3 which was also a buggy title at launch that is still being fixed, and what was supposed to be the bigger hitter last fall, The Order, was delayed to February and, well the less said the better about that title. Sony just lost its biggest exclusive this year and its now a post holidays title.

Hopefully there are titles coming to fill the hole, but man this generation has been poor with regard to Sony exclusives.

Niteandgrey

Neo Member
Disappointed but pleased. It's no small thing for a dev to delay a game of this magnitude. Any time I see a studio delay a game, I like them a little bit more because it shows they actually give a shit about both the game they're creating and their legacy.

Bummed I won't be spending time with Nate and Victor Goddamn Sullivan this year but it makes me all the more excited to finally play UC4.

Micerider

Tomb Raider re-confirmed on PS4 for fall then?

A pitty. But I prefer them taking the time they need. Now, Nintendo better get Zelda out this year... As for PS4 end of year, I'm curious what will be their exclusive BIG title to defend their colors now.

Genio88

and what great exclusive xbone had so far?

Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, Halo MCC(campaigns at least) were pretty good games, also Ryse and Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5 at launch were good and this year Halo 5 and Tomb Raider, maybe also Quantum Break if is not delayed too

Kinyou

2016 is already looking like the best year ever, you guys. Uncharted, No Man's Sky, FFXV, Zelda U etc.

Hehe, I feel like this is becoming a cycle.
"201X is going to be so crazy guys"
*many of the biggest games get delayed*

"This sucks, but 201X+1 is now going to be even more crazy guys"
*a year later many of the big games that were originally scheduled for 201X+1 get delayed*

Not too surprised, but disappointed none the less. What's the big holiday game then? I suppose this will allow me to focus on Xbox One this year.

Deku Tree

Expected. I'd guess it gets delayed until Holiday 2016. Sad day for my 2015 holiday gaming. Hopefully Zelda isn't delayed too. If so it'll be all Destiny, please have some good Destiny DLC this holiday Bungie!

TomShoe

Banned
This is exactly what I'm hoping for as well. I really don't want the release date of TLoU2 to be significantly delayed because of this. If ND's track record is anything to go by, we should get at least 3 of their games on the PS4.

ND has 2 separate teams that work on different projects, so I think TLOU2 should be OK.

Let's be honest, that's gonna be the third holiday season of PS4 without a single great exclusive

So suddenly Persona, No Mans Sky, Disgaea 5, DQ: Heroes, etc. have no chance of being great? lol

Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, Halo MCC(campaigns at least) were pretty good games, also Ryse and Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5 at launch were good and this year Halo 5 and Tomb Raider, maybe also Quantum Break if is not delayed too

Don't you love how 80 MC Infamous is " not good " but 60 MC Ryse gets lumped into lists of great exclusives now? lol.

Ahhh, fun times.

2015 is absolutely loaded with software. Some of you people I feel sorry for. Having such narrow gaming tastes must be rough.

Huddy

Another year for the PS4 with no games.

Disappointed but not unexpected, next will be Persona 5 and the circle will be complete.

I can understand that people are upset about Uncharted delay but Sony still have a lot of exclusive this year :

Exclusive to the platform : 26 vs 7

/ games list /

Constructor exclusive: 27 vs 4

/ games list /

Exclusive PS4/PC vs XBox One/PC: 38 vs 18

/ games list /

So 91 PS4 "exclusive" games against 29 for the Xbox One, just saying.

I don't care about vs. since I have the 3 systems. I care about games and what I see is that games that I want the most are delayed one after the other.
Just to be clear Uncharted 4 is on my watch list but I need to be convinced by gameplay because Uncharted 3 disappointed me but still delays delays delays... :/

Here are the games I'm waiting (PS4... Xbox One is not the topic even if short list too) :
Tearaway unfolded, Rime, The Tomorrow Children, The Witness, Street Fighter V...

And list like this with quoted "exclusives" clearly shows that it's just a way of describing things that can be in the favor of one or another.

Also in your 2015 list there is Uncharted 4 ... lol (like other games already out I wouldn't count because compensating a delayed game with games already out I didn't choose to buy is not what I do... I'm not starving to the point of buying something just for turning on my PS4 more often.

Why is everyone "not surprised"? It was not foreseeable, at least it wasn't for me. And I am really down right now, 'cuz now I have to spend Holiday time with my family
^^

Now, why is it delayed? It probably has nothing to do with the departure of Amy and the others. If it did they would not have set the 2015 target at E3 in the first place.

I can imagine that this whole 1080p60 controversy
(who cares?)
is responsible. Maybe ICE team has found a solution to their problem and it does take some more time to implement it.

Anyways: what does this mean for Sony's Holiday 2015 lineup? Who has to fill this giant hole? (Gotta give kudos to them though. EA, Ubisoft & co. wouldn't have permitted a delay)

Salex_

Actually most of them don't count because we were talking about Sony games. And I don't know about you, but I didn't buy my PS4 to play redone Vita and PS2 games. So the Sony selection here isn't very appealing.

Now if you're done with your snarky bullshit we can move on.

Maybe you should actually read what you quoted? What PS2 games? And if you don't have a Vita, how is a potentially improved version of a great game a negative?

phanphare

Banned
I am saying nothing is ever certain.

that's true. we should still hold publishers to their word. delays are fine with me because games need as long as they need. I think what that poster is saying, though, is that maybe publishers need to stop announcing release dates well before they occur, which I totally agree with. announcing a 2015 release in 2013 for a game of this caliber was not smart. if they had said nothing and then announced 2016 when they knew the game would have had the same amount of time in the oven with no delay to report.

I have buyer's remorse over my PS4 now. I dunno if I should keep it or just give it to my girlfriend and I will stick with a Wii U/PC/PSP (Great for playing classic Final Fantasy!) combo.

I thought 2015 was going to be the year the PS4 really shines with a great array of exclusives like The Order 1886, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4 and the odd exclusive indie. However The Order did not meet expectations and Uncharted has now been pushed back, I get my multi plats on PC and all that is left is probably some more remastered titles, but that's not what I bought a PS4 for.

daveo42

Banned
And here I was hoping this game would come together this year. Will Sony go another year without a big AAA title for the holidays?

Edit: At least we should still get NMS and Persona 5 this year, with MGSV dropping late summer.

Well that is really disappointing. There goes Sony's fall/winter. I mean I honestly can't think of any game as big or bigger for Sony that was coming this fall and to a degree this year. Geez, while Sony has been slaying it in sales, but their first and second party...Last fall you had the disastrous Driveclub launch (which is way better now), Littlebigplanet 3 which was also a buggy title at launch that is still being fixed, and what was supposed to be the bigger hitter last fall, The Order, was delayed to February and, well the less said the better about that title. Sony just lost its biggest exclusive this year and its now a post holidays title.

Hopefully there are titles coming to fill the hole, but man this generation has been poor with regard to Sony exclusives.
Bloodborne. 2 weeks.

Busty

Banned
Given the PS4's momentum this is hardly a disaster but it does raise the question of what Sony's big Xmas first party release will be.

Off the top of my head I can't think of the 'AAA' titles they have lined up for Q4 2015 but could they have a 'Plan B' up their sleeves already? Possibly something that they are going to reveal at E3?

This could be a really interesting E3.

Javin98

Banned
ND has 2 separate teams that work on different projects, so I think TLOU2 should be OK.
I thought they were down to just one team left after so many people left ND last year? Someone correct me if wrong. Anyway, I really want TLOU2 to be a holiday 2017 title, but I don't think that sounds logical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom