• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 delayed to Spring 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denzar

I'm PC/PS3 ;)

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

WTF does that even mean? It's gameplay will be relevant? Will 2016 change gameplay?

O, the hostility!

I'll try to put it differently. Will the world, by then, still care for Uncharted (4)'s tried and tested cover shooting mechanics or will they have moved on. I know you guys, me and GAF will be super pumped for this game but maybe, just maybe the mainstream audience won't.

Of course we've only seen what, 15 minutes of the game and that's not much to go on, but the thought has crossed my mind nonetheless.

It's a bit far fetched, I must admit, but between here and then, who knows what will have happened on the gameplay front in this industry.

Hope I made myself clear.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
welcome-to-the-nhk-o.gif

Terrible news to wake up to.

Is that a Welcome to the N.H.K. gif?

Indeed.

I say they should delay it until Fall 2016. What's the hurry?

may as well just make it a launch title for the PS5, coming November 2018

This gen has by far been the worst regarding delayed games.
Were you just born 2 years ago? Last gen was worse. Almost every PS3 exclusives were delayed. That's why many people make the joke of 'Delaystation'.

GTA IV
KZ2
GoW3
GT5 and 6
Final Fantasy

Although two of those aren't exclusive, you get the point.

Alienous

Were you just born 2 years ago? Last gen was worse. Almost every PS3 exclusives were delayed. That's why many people make the joke of 'Delaystation'.

GTA IV
KZ2
GoW3
GT5 and 6
Final Fantasy

Although two of those aren't exclusive, you get the point.

Lol, you can't do that.

WilyRook

Un-goddamn-charted...4...

Bloodborne will sate me for many moons, no doubt. I can wait. Phantom Pain, too, but that's a given.

Make it good, ND (put dinosaurs in it
...at least one
).

You can't do that.
Lol I couldn't remember the other games off the top of my head.

I think Heavy Rain got delayed. Haze got delayed and turned out horrible. It's kinda cloudy right now but I remember all of the crap Sony got last gen. I only owned a PS3 so I suffered. Good thing I had Vice City to hold me over :)

AlexIIDX

Eh, if it was a few months from release i'd be really bummed out...but assuming it wasn't coming till the end of the year it's no big deal...If they intend on improving what was already shown, its going to be an amazing game.

O, the hostility!

I'll try to put it differently. Will the world, by then, still care for Uncharted (4)'s tried and tested cover shooting mechanics or will they have moved on. I know you guys, me and GAF will be super pumped for this game but maybe, just maybe the mainstream audience won't.

Of course we've only seen what, 15 minutes of the game and that's not much to go on, but the thought has crossed my mind nonetheless.

It's a bit far fetched, I must admit, but between here and then, who knows what will have happened on the gameplay front in this industry.

Uncharted 4 is hardly a 'tried and tested' cover shooter based on the gameplay shown. And considering how little gameplay has evolved over the course of the generation thus far, it's not going to be any different in 2016, especially since I can't think of a single TPS that looks to play like U4 does. Of course the mainstream audience will be pumped for it, if anything they are the ones who take longer to adapt to new gaming trends than people on an enthusiast forum.

shwimpy

Disappointing but whatever it takes to get it right. I bet they scrapped everything that Amy/Todd had influence on.

This might actually make me buy an Xbone for Tomb Raider, depending on what Sony has or does not have for the holidays.

So much for Naughty Gods.

Yeah man, this game is gonna be bad. I can't believe they are taking more time to develop it and make it polished. Just release it now, who cares if it's a little rough around the edges, we all love it when games are released before they're ready. Assassin's Creed Unity GOTY amiright?

Denzar

Uncharted 4 is hardly a 'tried and tested' cover shooter based on the gameplay shown. And considering how little gameplay has evolved over the course of the generation thus far, it's not going to be any different in 2016, especially since I can't think of a single TPS that looks to play like U4 does. Of course the mainstream audience will be pumped for it, if anything they are the ones who take longer to adapt to new gaming trends than people on an enthusiast forum.

You've got a point. I was just wondering.

Dysun

Looks like another weak exclusive holiday lineup for the Ps4

Hopefully Bloodborne washes some of this bad taste away

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
If they did this just to give an Uncharted Trilogy remaster the holiday window, I'm going to laser off my Naughty Dog tramp stamp.

wouwie

So this is really the last Uncharted game from Naughty Dog? Judging by the message, it seems so?

I don't mind the delay and i'm a huge Uncharted fan. Take time to make the game as awesome as possible, ND! Judging by what we have seen so far, it's shaping up to be something special.

I'd love to have the first 3 games remastered for PS4 too. It would be a great way to end the franchise, releasing along UC4.

Servbot24

Banned
O, the hostility!

Since you're clearly very concerned, I can assure you that gameplay as we know it will not be institutionally toppled over the course of a couple months.

MaxiLive

I'm glad they are delaying on it to give more dev time. Everyone moans when a game come s out glitchy of missing content and rightly they should! It looks like this may of been the case of cutting a chapter or so or a few features the team would of liked to implement. Or just power through everything and leaves some glitches or so much needed TLC to certain systems like animation, cut scenes etc.

So good on the studio for delaying it!

Strike

Holy shit, this is unexpected. Even without the delay this was going to have the longest dev time of all the Uncharted games. While that's definitely a bummer, I can understand if they want to take as much time as they need to make the best game possible. Especially since this is looking like this is going to be the last one from them. Now it just makes me wonder what they're going to position as their major fall release. Guess we'll just have to wait until E3 to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom