• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: Drake's Face model

lol this is nothing special.

Cross-gen game.

image_metal_gear_solid_v_the_phantom_pain-26334-2584_0008.jpg

I think you used the wrong quality image...

I remember seeing the same scene in the trailer with much higher texture/resolution and the beard hair of Big Boss looked too real.

=========================

I have no problems with Drake's face being changed, too me he now looks better (age/maturation)...

And didn't ND say that UC4 will be dark? With that in mind, his face blends in well.

gogogow

Is that supposed to look impressive or something? I don't even see texture on the clothes. No stitching detail either. You're right about it being nothing special.

He was talking about the eyepatch stitching, but you seriously don't see the textures on Miller's trenchcoat and Snake's exoskeleton suit?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Is that supposed to look impressive or something? I don't even see texture on the clothes. No stitching detail either. You're right about it being nothing special.

You can't see the texture on Kaz coat? no stitching detail either? no offence sir but you probably need glasses.

Which looks horrible in comparison.

and you can tell this from an off-screen pic? haha ok.

I think you used the wrong quality image...

I remember seeing the same scene in the trailer with much higher texture/resolution and the beard hair of Big Boss looked too real.

Yeah, i'm on phone and couldn't screencap it.

D i Z

They managed to Nolan North him up a bit more. That's gotta be nice for him. I'm always a bit more appreciative when I can see more of the actor in the characters that use such extensive mo capping and facial mapping.

Incredible.

I think the people that are saying they don't like it, is because they are going for a very photo realistic look now. As good as the older Uncharted games looked they were still very stylized artistically.

This is going for straight up photo realism. Can't wait to see this game fully unveiled.

Loakum

Banned
If Drake is that old looking...then I'm almost nervous to see what Sully looks like! 0_o...but I'm sure Chloe still looks HOT though.

Druckmann said we'll see something from Uncharted 4 "soon".

I'm thinking this year's VGX (formally Video Game Awards).

Hoje0308

Banned
Do you think they'll change the voice actor like they did with Solid Snake and David Hayter?

If anything, Drake is starting to look more like Nolan North. So no, no I do not.

I don't like how people are calling a guy "old" when he looks like he's in his mid/late 30's :(

Old to me is someone who looks 60+

If you're in your late teens - early twenties, anything close to middle age seems old. As a man of 32 that's full of self interest, I'm glad to see Drake aged a bit.

Nate's aged by at least ten years for this installment I'd say. God knows how haggard and old Sully looks in comparison. Good luck getting around the jungle in his state...

3mph-mobility-scooter.jpg

hohoXD123

Is this the new subtitle? I like it. 'Uncharted 4: Drake's Face'. Sounds good. I look forward to 'Uncharted 5: Sully's Tache'.

Yup, goodbye generic sounding game titles, hello awesomeness.

Nate's aged by at least ten years for this installment I'd say. God knows how haggard and old Sully looks in comparison. Good luck getting around the jungle in his state...

3mph-mobility-scooter.jpg

Yeah this is my biggest concern, was hoping for some more Sully but if he's really that old I really can't see him hanging around the more dangerous areas that much.

Top Bottom