• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: Drake's Face model

Hugstable

Banned
Still earlier than The Last Guardian.

lol I hope we atleast start to see some gameplay by next E3 for Unchated 4. I honestly think that TLG will never come to fruition, and it will end up much like how Blizzard Titan went out, with us not knowing much of the details of the game or what could have been. It's just been way too long, and we haven't seen anything since that one video ages ago. As much as I love Ico and SOTC, I just don't see TLG ever happening.

But yeah if UC4 is targeting Fall/WInter 2015, we should start to see our first bits of true gameplay at E3 this coming year. If not, then we might have to wait til 2016

mctelinde

Neo Member
PS4 is making such a gigantic leap in everything even the best looking PS3 games look like ass in comparison.

GT6 to DriveClub

Infamous 2 to Infamous : SS

Uncharted 3 to Uncharted 4

Just amazing leaps. Really itching to see more of Uncharted 4. I have a feeling naughty dog is going to blow minds with the engine they come up with.

They're iterating upon the same engine they used for the PS3, iirc.

IcyEyes

Looks awesome, but I'm not ready yet to be disappointed by this game.
A "darker" Uncharted, a "tormented" Drake isn't what I want.
I hope I'm wrong, but this new image ...

One low res, possibly off screen pic creates so much shit talk, it's hilarious.

Then cue the predictable bunch of pics who everyone think it looks like.

Darknight

I think its funny that we are used to the "catoony" Drake. I mean its all we've seen since the U4 reveal anyways so I dont blame you guys to not like the new gen model.

But thats a good thing because these consoles are new and should offer improvements across the board and new graphics fidelity is one of those. Of course Drake should look better and I say he looks amazing. His new model just "clicks" with me. I say ND made a magnificent job at creating his new model for the new gen.

He's hasn't slept well for years because he can hear the screams of all the men he has killed. This is why he looks older than he probably is.

ByhCsGVIgAEInvu.jpg:large

Channeling Pedro Pascal

mctelinde

Neo Member

Dude I replied to seemed to think they were going to build a new engine for U4. At least, that's what I took from it. I was just stating they will probably be utilizing their existing engine.

There's nothing wrong with that, either. I know Naughty Dog struggled a bit building an engine to use on the PS3.

Mohonky

Looking forward to "Uncharted 4 Drake's Knee" and "Uncharted 4 Drake's overdone walking animation".

The sad part is, I honestly expect that as the game is shown more, we will seriously have a lot of topics barely if at all worth discussing any more than what you are alluding to.

Seriously, some times this forum becomes annoying to view the games section of and its usually Sony exclusives. So many unnecessary threads about TLOU, Uncharted etc. even TLOU Remastered had a horrendous amount of theeads, for a game that most people had already played, was it really necessary to have so many threads over a game that was the same thing only prettier.

When I was on the xbox forums, I stopped viewing them in the lead up to Halo because I got sick of every thread being Halo.

You need what, 3 topics maximum per game imo. Any more than that and its just shit that could have fit into the other threads.

banagher

The sad part is, I honestly expect that as the game is shown more, we will seriously have a lot of topics barely if at all worth discussing any more than what you are alluding to.

Seriously, some times this forum becomes annoying to view the games section of and its usually Sony exclusives. So many unnecessary threads about TLOU, Uncharted etc. even TLOU Remastered had a horrendous amount of theeads, for a game that most people had already played, was it really necessary to have so many threads over a game that was the same thing only prettier.

When I was on the xbox forums, I stopped viewing them in the lead up to Halo because I got sick of every thread being Halo.

You need what, 3 topics maximum per game imo. Any more than that and its just shit that could have fit into the other threads.

Evidently yes, as those threads are active. Maybe you should take that as a sign that people do want to talk about these things.

And if it doesn't interest you, deal with it and move on instead of further bumping a thread to the top with unnecessary whining.

I feel like the UC4 reveal trailer isn't an amazing point of comparison to those other drake faces in the pic because it's under different lighting conditions and in the rain. Are there some glamour shots of Drake from the early parts of UC2 where he's in the same sort of faux-night time lighting?

Meaning there isn't a completely new engine.

There will probably never be another completely new engine ever (hyperbole, but you know what I mean). There is no reason not to use still functional and perfectly fine portions of older engines. These engines take massive amounts of work, and to completely rewrite one would almost certainly mean simply recreating large portions of code that you already have written.

I feel like the UC4 reveal trailer isn't an amazing point of comparison to those other drake faces in the pic because it's under different lighting conditions and in the rain. Are there some glamour shots of Drake from the early parts of UC2 where he's in the same sort of faux-night time lighting?

Glamour shots, no. This is close, though:

airport%20night%20drake%20elena.jpg

Alienous

sooogood.gif

Edit:
It looks great guys. Thankfully they can moved away from the cartoonish face design sensibilities so evident in Uncharted 2 and The Last of Us (particularly with Joel).

heringer

A big part of the supposedly big gap is due to different char design. They went with a more realistic approach this time.

Top Bottom