• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Gameplay Demo [Up: Sony - Was running at 30 fps]

Why? BF4 looked phenomenal on release. Where are the recent cases of EA games being visually downgraded? DA:I also looks amazing, especially for cross-gen.

BF4 does look incredible. Though if you are getting your hopes up for anything looking as good as that "test" footage for Battlefront you are surely going to be disappointed.

I think GOW III and GOW : Ascension and The Order are using the same detailed character in cut-scene and in-game

Yes they are. GOW3 and Ascension aren't even using LOD and Kratos is still 35K polys even when looking like an ant between the fingers of Cronos and his muscles still flex there. In the Order, cutscenes are interactive nd fully ingame and you can turn weapons or use the scope and move it in the cutscenes etc.

SaberEdge

BF4 does look incredible. Though if you are getting your hopes up for anything looking as good as that "test" footage for Battlefront you are surely going to be disappointed.

Yeah, I'm pretty skeptical myself. But even if they only achieve 85% of this I think it will likely still look better than anything else we've seen. Only time will tell.

Finally got around to watching this. The usual boring Uncharted canned platforming feels like a waste in this nice open area, but the level design and AI seem improved - maybe they learned something from TLoU. Hopefully there's a lot more enemies shifting angles and cover disintigrating quickly being utilized to force more of a run and gun playstyle, would really help the series' pacing issues. The new methods of travel and takedown are nice, but honestly still feel just as contrived as the platforming. Depends on the window of failure I suppose - assuming there is one. Hopefully this is just the first stage.

nomis

Yes they are. GOW3 and Ascension aren't even using LOD and Kratos is still 35K polys even when looking like an ant between the fingers of Cronos and his muscles still flex there

If a developer is able to implement an actually GOOD lod system though, the above would be an absolutely fruitless waste of system resources.

LoDs can eat up a significant amount of RAM due to having to save multiple models.

Yep and this is was the reason they didn't LOD too, because GOW3 euro version had almost no space left on the bluray due to extra languages, so affording many LOD models would eat more memory so tehy opted for one model. We both discussed that in anotehr thread I remember that.

RytGear

What a handsome fictional man Drake is.

Immediately thought of when Podrick from Game of Thrones is smiling like an absolute idiot.

VU22wTf

camac002

The playstation youtube channel has been posting videos of the events that were not on the main stage. Here's hoping one of them will be the Nathan Drake talk.

Chitalian

Neo Member
Jesus christ, the LOD of his hands when he holds that piece of paper is ridiculous. They went right down to the knuckle hairs.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Finally just watched the gamersyde video.

Looks absolutely stunning, especially with the more open levels, insane skyboxes, and vegetation physics.

The gameplay looks like it learned a lot from TLoU. Which is great news.

rashbeep

Banned
Are we comparing games that are already out (in some cases for years) with a game that comes out late next year? Be real now, which games are at a greater disadvantage? UC4 will likely see some polish and improvements, but it will look pretty much like what we are seeing now. Those games people are comparing hold up amazingly well considering how much earlier they released.

Graphics tech is always evolving and advancing. What about all the other games that will come out around the same time? The next Assassin's Creed? The Division? Star Wars Battlefront?
early-in-engine-footage-star-wars-battlefront-e3-2014-05.png

early-in-engine-footage-star-wars-battlefront-e3-2014-01.png

starwars_battlefront_dice_18.png

Honestly, that early Battlefront footage looks better to me than the Uncharted 4 footage. Will Dice pull it off? We'll see.

I remember there weren't a lot of people talking about that Battlefront footage at e3, and I really had no idea why. It looks better than anything else I've seen (if it's in-game of course).

I remember there weren't a lot of people talking about that Battlefront footage at e3, and I really had no idea why. It looks better than anything else I've seen (if it's in-game of course).

I mean, moving Frostbite to PBR (which is what that shows) and increasing the foliage density would basically look like that.

Cyborg

Are we comparing games that are already out (in some cases for years) with a game that comes out late next year? Be real now, which games are at a greater disadvantage? UC4 will likely see some polish and improvements, but it will look pretty much like what we are seeing now. Those games people are comparing hold up amazingly well considering how much earlier they released.

Graphics tech is always evolving and advancing. What about all the other games that will come out around the same time? The next Assassin's Creed? The Division? Star Wars Battlefront?
early-in-engine-footage-star-wars-battlefront-e3-2014-05.png

early-in-engine-footage-star-wars-battlefront-e3-2014-01.png

starwars_battlefront_dice_18.png

Honestly, that early Battlefront footage looks better to me than the Uncharted 4 footage. Will Dice pull it off? We'll see.

They look more realistic but we havent seen real gameplay from the game! I dont believe they can pull it off, not on these consoles. But UC4 does look amazing, the graphics and gameplay are a perfect match.

And I dont care about 60fps

Jingo

After seeing the gameplay all i can think is: Uncharted goes open world!!!
Uahaaaahhh Sins of the father beggin, i would love to see someone edit this one to go exactly like the trailer of phantom pain 2013 e3!

I saw a lot of coments before checking the gameplay and i must confess i was hurry, graphics, aproach to gameplay, not funny etc etc etc, well, i just loved it, those 15 min finished faster than the teaser trailer, i loved all the immersion, options to attack, stealth, climb etc etc, its uncharted in all its glory and even if this isnt the game changer, it sounds a lot of fun, i cant even do the comparisation like some were making with quantum brake, dont get me wrong, i loved alan wake, but this is in a whole new level!!

todahawk

Finally just watched the gamersyde video.

Looks absolutely stunning, especially with the more open levels, insane skyboxes, and vegetation physics.

The gameplay looks like it learned a lot from TLoU. Which is great news.

Yep, looks fantastic. Engage, disengage, move and re-engage from a better angle or by surprise. Love how it's looking.

ThatManTy

Neo Member
ND should totally release this demo as a Christmas present on psn!

This game is looking legit already. That technical analysis vid is what brought me in. Also if they keep this game locked at 30fps smooth (like the demo, it doesn't dip a bit), that's fine with me. The game looks great, and also looks like it plays great. So much attention to detail, and the stealth action is like Uncharted meets TLOU. Great stuff.

Top Bottom