• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED 4 Multiplayer Beta: PGW demo info

Gskyace

I've played ten games of UNCHARTED 4 Competitive mode in Paris Games Week. There isn't too many detailed information about the multiplayer mode I think. I recorded what I saw here, and hope it would do help to understand some new features revealed so far.
The demo is in French and I don't know French at all. Let me know if there is any mistake. I will fix it. There are huge queue lining up in Paris Games Week, so it's hard to record all the information. I'll try play some rounds later if I could.
UNCHARTED 4 will be released on March 18th, 2016. Beta will start from December 3rd, 2015.

64e7655fgw1exgqpnyjx4j218g0xcqhw.jpg

Objective
Team death match and five versus five
First team to reach 35 kill wins.

Characters
Ten characters in total. Five characters to choose in heroes or villains.
It's possible for multiple people to choose the same character in a team together.
Heroes' look are from UNCHARTED 4, with red sleeve emblems on.
It's just a new loock, so that doesn't actually mean Charlie is back for the main story.
Villains' look are original from their own games.

Heroes: Nathan Drake(UC4),Victor Sullivan(UC4),Elena Fisher(UC4),Sam Drake(UC4),Charlie Cutter(UC4)
Villains: Zoran Lazarević(UC2),Harry Flynn(UC2),Katherine Marlowe(UC3),Knot(New),Orca(New)
(I miss the names of two new villains. So if anyone knows that, please do tell me.)

Classes
Four classes are provided for demo, and it will be customizable in the formal game.
Class: Long gun + Short gun + Item + Sidekick + Mystical + Special gun
Attack: AK-47+ Para.45 + Grenade + Chaser + El Dorado + LG China Lake
Tactic: XCR + Raffica + C4 + Sniper + Djinn + Condor
Support: FAL + 9mm + Medic pack + Savior and Sniper + Chintamani Stone + /
Long Distance: M24 + Pistol + Mine + Savior + Chintamani Stone + Barok .44

Store
The following sidekicks, mystical, special weapons are bought in the store, by pressing touch pad during the game. Also, you can immediately buy a grenade,C4,medic pack,
mine without wait。
The initial price to get items are 300 dollars, and sidekicks for 500 dollars, mystical for 650 dollars, special weapons for 700 dollars. Every time you bought them, the price goes up a lot.

Items
After using the grenade,C4,medic pack,mine, you need to wait around 50 seconds for another one.
Otherwise, you can immediately buy another from the store.

Sidekicks
Sidekicks are AI controlled, which you use money to hire them.
They can be killed, but they are not dumb actually. So be careful.

Chaser: They rush to the enemy and hold them up.
Sniper: They stand and shoot with sniper.
Savior: They revive you and your teammates nearby.

Mystical
Mystical can be achieved, by buying them with money in the store.
Then you press R1 to active the mystical. It seems that you don't get tougher when using mystical.
If you died and the mystical is unused, it's still there for next life.
If you died and the mystical effect is still on, which means probably some time left still, and you will continue to have the effect on you in next life, until the counter clock comes to 0.

El Dorado: Like a bomb. After you throw that out, it will have ghosts chasing the enemies nearby and hit them down.
Djinn: You are the man on fire. Press circle can let you rush though. You just need 2 hit to melee down an enemy when Djinnn is on.
Chintamani Stone: It revives you automatically when you are down, not only once, but all in its active time. The teammates around you in the effect area and yourself will regenerate health continually.

Special weapons

LG China Lake: Grenade Launcher with 6 rounds. Direct hit takes down enemies, and those near by will knee down for moment.
Condor: The shotgun takes down enemies in two shots.
Barok .44: Revolver, highly accurate and two shots to take down an enemy.

Melees
Normally 3 hits to 4 hits to knock down a full-health enemy.
Hit again to execute downed enemy.

Revives
By pressing triangle nearby downed team mates to revive.
You can move when you are down and ask for help.
You don't have full heath after revive.
So you need some time to regenerate health.
With Chintamani stone and support sidekick, revives become easier and automatic.

Grappling hooks
In the map, there are several certain points, you can press L1 to use grappling hook.s
Be careful, you could die dropping down. You can stayed on the rope to shoot with short gun. Swing and jump down to melee an enemy below is the only on hit melee kill in the game.
Like the map in demo, three main roads can be crossed using the grappling hooks.

SSReborn

Can you try and see if its possible to grapple let go and switch to another grapple point mid air?

Also no stealth kills now huh? Kind of liked those.

Also no stealth kills now huh? Kind of liked those.

In b-roll footage, I saw Lazarevic hold Grappling hook (charging it I think) and doing a stealth kill.

Can you still buy the remastered collection and get into this or was it preorders only?

Yes, you can. No need for pre-order. The game doesn't come with code and beta download link will appear on the Uncharted Collection overview bar when Sony update it.

Wabba

Thanks for the info.

Strange that there are so few videos out there, i can only find the gamersyde, IGN and B-roll footage. Really want to see more.

SSReborn

In b-roll footage, I saw Lazarevic hold Grappling hook (charging it I think) and doing a stealth kill.

Yes, you can. No need for pre-order. The game doesn't come with code and beta download link will appear on the Uncharted Collection overview bar when Sony update it.

Yeah I saw that I kind of liked the fluidity of just sneaking up on someone and pressing square. If its gone and got replaced by that new thing for the sake of balance or w.e its cool.

Thanks for the info.

Strange that there are so few videos out there, i can only find the gamersyde, IGN and B-roll footage. Really want to see more.

This is why I think they should have done a reveal event so that we can get a pretty decent spotlight of the game from the press but because of it being announced at the conference and games event (which a lot of outlets probably didn't even go to) it doesn't really get a focus put on it.

LUXURY

I don't understand. We've seen Chloe in the videos, but she's not here and the man makes no mention of her. Then he makes mention of Marlowe, but she's not in the picture. Am I missing something?

Ricky_R

If one uses the grappling hook to kill someone from above, does the victim freezes for a moment, or can he move thus making the attacker hit the floor and die?

I imagine that once you target the enemy and activate the grappling hook slam, it's a complete animation where the enemy can't escape...

SSReborn

I don't understand. We've seen Chloe in the videos, but she's not here and the man makes no mention of her. Then he makes mention of Marlowe, but she's not in the picture. Am I missing something?

The build on the floor only has the characters he mentioned. Just because he mentioned Marlowe is in the build doesn't mean the picture has to include her, that's just a picture of whatever characters the players picked before the match began.

ive honestly just never bothered with Uncharted MP. They seem to take it more seriously with each game though.

I'll def be giving it a try this go around

Before the reveal my ideal multiplayer was more Uncharted 2 than 3, but now I've seen what they're doing with 4 I really like how it's shaping up.

sappyday

Yea that's weird. Also they spoil that Cutter is in UC4 main campaign? I mean it's not surprising but weird.

This looked like a hell of a lot of fun from the trailer. I was massively into Uncharted 2 multiplayer and I liked 3, but dropped it pretty quickly. I am not sure how well the supernatural stuff is going to work, but I am really looking forward to trying this out myself.

Really dislike how much they are changing the MP, I wanted an evolution of the previous games but this seems like a massive side step in a different direction, with stuff borrowed from unrelated games.

Can you try and see if its possible to grapple let go and switch to another grapple point mid air?

A better test would probably be to just jump before hitting L1, as I think those grapple points are pretty few and far between and see if that works.

Also, DOES THIS CONFIRM CUTTER FOR U4?! :D

GregHorrorShow

Neo Member
I can't wait for this game, loved the multiplayer on 2 and 3 so I'm sure this will be exactly what I'm looking for from Uncharted multiplayer.

bombshell

No Chloe? Not a chance, she has to be in it.

No Cutter? Probably.

I'm just saying that because Cutter is mentioned in the OP or that Chloe was in the MP reveal trailer is not confirmation of them appearing in the campaign.

Yeah, seems like massive step backwards from being able to just create your own loadout.

You can, they are just pre-made loadouts.

Although the final version of the game will have a more robust loadout editor, I picked “support” (I do love being helpful) and brought Elena into the field (#TeamElena).

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015...opes-in-uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end-multiplayer/

Of course the best Uncharted character of all time is not available on the show floor
Eddy Raja.

But so far this looks good going from off cam footage!

Like the mix of verticality and the sidekicks/mystical abilities are a nice spin on typical Uncharted gameplay. Can't wait for the beta.

jwk94

I can't imagine this being Bates's last adventure and them just sideline Chloe. That girl was a huge part of uncharted 2.

dugdug

Banned
Hope you're able to swap R1+L1 for R2+L2.

I see all this "press L1 for grappling hook" bullshit and I'm all "but that's how you aim, yo." That's the purist in me, though, I guess.

Also, dear god, I hope they get rid of the radar.

zsynqx

Really dislike how much they are changing the MP, I wanted an evolution of the previous games but this seems like a massive side step in a different direction, with stuff borrowed from unrelated games.

This is very much a multiplayer from the team that just made TLOU. The core is still Uncharted, but there is a lot of TLOU sprinkled through with the downed state before death and in game currency. Tbh I never really rated the old Uncharted multiplayers, even though I heard good things about them but TLOU was great (at least it was at first). Time will tell how good it is, but all previews have been very positive and the gunplay/movement just looks so much better than the previous games.

I do not like the sound Djinn at all. The other two sound perfectly fine for strategic and team support purposes.

I actually wish Djinn just jammed enemy radar or gave your team invisibility or something...actually, I hope the other mystical does just that.

SomTervo

Am I the only one who thinks that Sidekicks are a fucking brilliant idea? I wonder if we'll be able to control them. I wondered what that meant in the trailer when those people appeared.

I love how it's a more meaningful, deep way of doing mobs than Titanfall etc, which always go for quantity over quality.

So excited for the Beta.

The way I see it this is a step in the right direction. They cut away bullshit like 'kickbacks' and 'boosters' and have instead given us a set of active items (which will probably be customisable).

The point of Uncharted is using your hands and feet, guns, and explorative tools. The arcadey meta-bullshit from UC3 never sat right with me. It was a good MP in its own way, but had nothing on UC2.

This is very much a multiplayer from the team that just made TLOU. The core is still Uncharted, but there is a lot of TLOU sprinkled through with the downed state before death and in game currency. Tbh I never really rated the old Uncharted multiplayers, even though I heard good things about them but TLOU was great (at least it was at first). Time will tell how good it is, but all previews have been very positive and the gunplay/movement just looks so much better than the previous games.

Yeah. Bear in mind, though, that the downed state was in UC3, too. Wasn't very similar to TLOU's, however.

This sounds really fun so far. Can't wait to play the game in March.

Rent the collection and play the Beta in December!

Hope you're able to swap R1+L1 for R2+L2.

I see all this "press L1 for grappling hook" bullshit and I'm all "but that's how you aim, yo." That's the purist in me, though, I guess.

Also, dear god, I hope they get rid of the radar.

PS4 Accessibility control re-mapping

:)

Did anybody ask naughty dog about split screen online returning?

I've got a recollection that it was divulged/discovered somehow. Somebody spilt the beans by accident or something. I can't remember what thread it was in.

But yes, IIRC split screen will be in the game.

Loudninja

Am I the only one who thinks that Sidekicks are a fucking brilliant idea? I wonder if we'll be able to control them. I wondered what that meant in the trailer when those people appeared.

I love how it's a more meaningful, deep way of doing mobs than Titanfall etc, which always go for quantity over quality.

So excited for the Beta.

The way I see it this is a step in the right direction. They cut away bullshit like 'kickbacks' and 'boosters' and have instead given us a set of active items (which will probably be customisable).

The point of Uncharted is using your hands and feet, guns, and explorative tools. The arcadey meta-bullshit from UC3 never sat right with me. It was a good MP in its own way, but had nothing on UC2.

Yeah. Bear in mind, though, that the downed state was in UC3, too. Wasn't very similar to TLOU's, however.

Rent the collection and play the Beta in December!

PS4 accessibility controls

:)
The supernatural weapons are striking for sure, but by far my favourite element is the side-kicks. Again, they’re purchased from a simple store menu accessed by pressing down on the Touch Pad. Basically, they’re AI teammates with very useful skills. So far four have been announced, but I only got to call upon one: the Hunter. As soon as he drops into the map, he begins to hunt down the nearest opponent. Once he finds them, he puts them into a headlock. From here, one of three things can happen: your opponent can escape; they can be saved by one of their allies; or you can find and execute them. The hunter’s a powerful friend, but there’s also a Sniper who can provide powerful covering fire; a Saviour who will revive you and allow items such as grenades to recharge faster; and a Brute, a heavily-armoured soldier with a gatling gun (you can probably figure out what he does).
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10...iplayer-feels-like-uncharted-but-concentrated

Top Bottom