• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 spoiler free early copy impressions

I like their approach, everyone can play this, if you're a skilled player, want to enjoy the story or are not that good with games in general, you can play Uncharted 4 just fine. That is nice I guess.

I remember ready somewhere that unlocked the framerate is close to 45fps. That is what the game runs pretty much locked 30 fps. so 60 fps on neo with a gpu double to in power I would say is possible.

Travo

Been playing that since Friday. It's a shitty game.

Dmk6qtF.jpg

Zemm

This is something that gets me. With improved and refined combat (esp. at 60FPS) the multiplayer is going to fill a big hole for people who wanted more combat in the singleplayer mode.

I get the impression that Naughty Dog toned down combat a lot in singleplayer because they were upping the ante with multiplayer, which is wall-to-wall combat.

I'll definitely be trying out the MP once it's up because yeah, I feel like the ratio between exploration/platforming vs Combat is waaaay off what it should be. Which is a massive shame because the combat is the best it has ever been in this series.

I'm also glad they added an option to replay encounters. Doubt I'll ever replay the game fully but will definitely replay some of the encounters.

Kuni

I'm playing through it now thanks to a lovely online retailer shipping early.

Easily the best Uncharted yet so far. It's just been one hell of an experience. Elevated is a (hipsterish) word that keeps coming to my mind when playing it. It's just so much better and so much more than previous iterations. The story in particular so far is just so good. Also the level to detail in this game is just insane, in particular the sound.

A must play.

If I order tonight and get one-day shipping from Amazon is there a good chance it'll actually get here Tuesday? Wasn't really sure with everyone saying the shipping is borked and didn't wanna take my chances.

Playing through Uncharted 3 remastered and damn, looks amazing on its own and compared to when I played it in 2011.
Kind of a dumb question but how much better does uncharted 4 look compared to 3 remastered? I imagine definitely the animation and geometry.

stryke

Is ND waiting until the last minute to out the MP servers up or something?

That smells like a disaster waiting to happen.

It's a bit unfair to let people who have an early copy get a head start on MP. Although stating that they should just be able to reset everyone's starts come official release day.

AKyemeni

Now that I have had some time to think about it, here's how I would rerank the stories (how much I enjoyed them):

UC3 > UDF > UC2 = TLoU > UGA > UC4.

Music:

UC3 > UC2 > TLoU = UDF = UGA > UC4

Gameplay:

UC4 > TLoU = UC3 > UDF > UC2 > UGA

Villains(?):

UC3 > UDF > UC2 > UGA > UC4 > TLoU (?)

Multiplayer:

UC4(most likely) > UC3 = TLoU > UC2

kyser73

Now that I have had some time to think about it, here's how I would rerank the stories (how much I enjoyed them):

Music:

Gameplay:

Villains(?):

Multiplayer:

You've got TLOU at the bottom for villains.

A game that featured David, a man who made a pretty fucking irreversible decision about survival and also likes little girls.

Right-o.

You also need to learn what actually makes good story structure - it certainly isn't UC3. The game has the best moments in the series, but they are all essentially isolated in terms of storytelling - which isn't how you tell a good story.

Mikey Jr.

Just watching the credits.

Wow.

You guys are gonna love it.

1. Plays like a dream. You WANT to get into combat.

2. Gorgeous as fuck. I kid you not, there were probably over a dozen times when I just could not believe what I was looking at. Nd went above and beyond.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
not a spoiler this was taken from NX Gamer analysis but my god the details. I just noticed in this scene the radio gets shot and you can see on the table infront of drake a plate filled with red powder. That eventually gets shot but the powder disperses in the air infront of drake and the light seeps through it as well, holy fuck Naughty Dog.

giphy.gif

Music:

Gameplay:

Villains(?):

Multiplayer:

It's your thoughts but damnnnnnnn are you a unique breed when it comes to these games and the majorities expectations.

Ascenion

You've got TLOU at the bottom for villains.

A game that featured David, a man who made a pretty fucking irreversible decision about survival and also likes little girls.

Right-o.
Is David really a villain though or just a survivor with disgusting interests that became an antagonist through chance?

JTripper

Music:

Gameplay:

Villains(?):

Multiplayer:

Hot damn those are some mighty opinions. Props for showing love to U3.

Music:

Gameplay:

Villains(?):

Multiplayer:

And with that post my post above yours will never be looked at. :(

:p

AKyemeni

What are your overall rankings for them tho? Or did you count that under stories?

Everything as a package? I'll attempt to give them number scores:

UC4: 7.5 (By the time multiplayer comes out, this might jump a point, point and a half maybe.)

UC3: 9.5

UC2: 9.0

UDF: 9.0

UGA: 8.0

TLoU: 9.0

I have a real fucking problem on how UC4's story is told (and the story itself). If it wasn't for the gameplay I would have sold that shit the day I beat it. It just doesn't feel like an Uncharted story. I've said it once and I'll say it again. Hennig should've been in charge because Druckmann drunk the TLOU kool aid until he got cordyceps poisoning.

That's it. I ain't gonna say no mo.

Cuz I have to really study. Got finals this week.

M.W.

Everything as a package? I'll attempt to give them number scores:

UC4: 7.5

UC3: 9.5

UC2: 9.0

UDF: 9.0

UGA: 8.0

TLoU: 9.0

I have a real fucking problem on how UC4's story is told (and the story itself). It just doesn't feel like an Uncharted story. I've said it once and I'll say it again. Hennig should've been in charge because Druckmann drunk the TLOU kool aid until he got cordyceps poisoning.

That's it. I ain't gonna say no mo.

Cuz I have to really study. Got finals this week.

Yeah. You shouldn't say anymore.

Music:

Gameplay:

Villains(?):

Multiplayer:

You're funny man.

Top Bottom