• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuuKyK

Well thats a shitty situation overall. Hopefully the few people that got their hands on the stolen copies wont spoil it.

Hale_C

Well, the whole violent assault part rather changes the feel of it from some sexy Oceans Eleven heist where a few lucky charmers nabbed some copies, into the more dirty and depressing reality of, y'know, a shitty crime by shitty people.

Naive ever to think otherwise, obviously. Also makes it easier not to be tempted into getting scalped.

Alienous

Well, the whole violent assault part rather changes the feel of it from some sexy Oceans Eleven heist where a few lucky charmers nabbed some copies, into the more dirty and depressing reality of, y'know a shitty crime by shitty people.

Naive ever to think otherwise, obviously. Also makes it easier not to be tempted into getting scalped.

Definitely.

It's drained my desire for an early copy severely. I don't want to support organized crime.

What a shit situation.

diamount

Banned
Definitely.

It's drained my desire for an early copy severely. I don't want to support organized crime.

What a shit situation.

Dude, if this was organized they would know full well what would be in that lorry. But they didn't, it was just a bunch of chancers. If people want to do good then don't buy from fences like Cex.

SomTervo

I just did, and I'm sorry, but am I supposed to be totally against this? Yes, it's unfortunate that a crime took place for this to happen, but that's not really my problem. That's my take on it.

The problem is that you would be giving the criminals a pay day by paying for a stolen copy

Skele7on

Banned
Stolen and distributed across the world overnight?

God damn...

Maybe a few copies are of this grey kind, but I'm betting a lot more are just broken street dates.

Rixxan

oh gods

sony, naughty dog, thieves, release dates, massive uncontrollable want, equal hype, needing this game more than oxygen, nothing else matters, leaks, april 26th, may 10th, gameplay videos, dodging spoilers

SJOHGcx.gif

dealer-

Those that bought copies on eBay must be feeling shitty knowing they've got stolen goods following a violet assault.

Gurish

Stolen and distributed across the world overnight?

God damn...

Maybe a few copies are of this grey kind, but I'm betting a lot more are just broken street dates.

It seems like UK stuff might be stolen, but obviously copies we've seen from other countries are legit.

I love it when things don't go as planned, so this is awesome news to me.

The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.

EDIT: I didn't see the part about the violent assault. That is not cool. I think that goes without saying, but I guess I need to be explicit.

Skele7on

Banned
people have posted copies being sold in USA, France, UAE.

Yes UK probably is stolen, but buying from CEX those thieves obviously are stupid as they've been robbed by CEX for probably a very shit profit.

Auctopus

I love it when things don't go as planned, so this is awesome news to me.

The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.

Wtf dude. A delivery driver just trying to do his job got stuck up in a "violent assault".

A quote from a GCSE set text doesn't make your comment any less vacuous.

Awww man, there was a shipment stolen? violently?

That's fucked up.

Although, when people are willing to go this far for your game I'm sure the creators are looking forward to opening week as much as everyone else

Alienous

Everyone who bought these copies on ebay supported criminals. Must feel great to play the game now.

I'm sure violent crime doesn't make Uncharted in 1080p any less fine.

But man does it spoil this whole thing for me. It went from a capitalistic Robin Hood story to "Oh, a bunch of pricks committed a violent crime, stole goods and are making a tidy profit".

Fucking ruined.

zsynqx

Awww man, there was a shipment stolen? violently?

That's fucked up.

Although, when people are willing to go this far for your game I'm sure the creators are looking forward to opening week as much as everyone else

Tbh I don't think they are too happy.

Everyone who bought these copies on ebay supported criminals. Must feel great to play the game now.

To be fair they didn't know

Hale_C

Who said anything about a violent assault? I didn't see that in the OP, nor the message on the blog.

That's ok though, I certainly condone this, and by proxy, all violent assaults.../rolls eyes.

Apologies, but if you had seen the earlier posts you'd understand how your comment could come across as callous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom