• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 vs. Final Fantasy VII Remake

Vote for your Game Of The Generation!

• Uncharted 4

Votes: 126 39.0%
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake

Votes: 197 61.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.Pennywise

Banned
This match is part of the Game of the Generation Tournament. For rules, details and current brackets go to the Tournament thread (Click)

Z9T6kOU.jpg

Barakov

FF7 remake. I felt it had too much slow walking and all the problems cinematic games have but it still managed to be more of a videogame than Uncharted 4. I still won't sit here and tell you Uncharted 4 is a bad game but it's lack of focus hurt it.

Ellery

Played both. Loved both. Conflicted about FF VII Remake. Many great things about it and sadly lots of wasted opportunity. Extremely close for me, but I expect in the Neogaf polls FF VII Remake will take it easily.

Roufianos

Uncharted 4 was fucking dreadful. I mean, it seemed like it deliberately set out to be boring for long stretches.

FF VII was my intro to the series and I loved it.

Yoboman

I voted Uncharted 4. FFVII R was great but too many unpolished bits and the ending fell apart - whereas UC4 was a great ending for the series

diffusionx

Gold Member
VIIR just for the fact that it doesn’t have Sam Drake dragging it down.

You mean Sideshow Luke Perry?

I'm playing the game now - what happened to the fun swashbuckling nature of this series? It's just so grim.

Last edited:

EDMIX

I like FFVII remake, like a lot, but I need to go with a complete game on this one.

Picked Uncharted 4.

If it released in parts and lets say part 4 or 3 or what ever they end with released this year and some royal, complete, ultima version came out, then sure I can say FFVII remake over UC4, but not now. Not like this...

When it complete next gen, what are we going to say then? That NOW its the game of the generation for sure or something? So I must factor that you get a start to finish title with Uncharted 4 in regards to the story. Next gen when they are done with FFVII remake, I'll side with it most times considering it being done no longer is something held against it.

FF is good, i like how they reinvented the game,

UC4 cos is the last one. i can vote later on for FF 23345

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
If it was LL, I would have vote for it. But U4 no thanks.
LL is crap why people like it. Bad characters, bad villain and story, bad gameplay loop. Nothing about this is as good as main entries. I've replayed then all this year.
It's 4231LL

The Shepard

FF7R is the best final fantasy in years, put the series back on TOP, combat system is the best in the series imo. Uncharted 4 was good but had pace problems which kill off replayability. Easy one, FF7R, remake of the greatest game of all time.

Last edited:

Zoro7

Banned
FF7 remake was not great in my opinion. Would rather play the original.
Had a blast playing UC4 though.

Roberts

Can't really participate as I haven't played FF7, but this is interesting. I can't really stand FF franchise based on aesthetics and how the stories are told, but I usually like the gameplay. Uncharted 4 was an uneven, repetitious mess though, but while I've never mustered enough patience to complete any of the FF games, at least I have finished U4.

GymWolf

A boring shitty paced turd or the raped corpse of my second favourite game ever by the hand of tomura san the hack, mmm...

My vote goes to hades.

Who is winning? I can't see the results...

Last edited:

Shrap

Uncharted 4 for sure.

FFVII Remake is my number one disappointment this gen just as XIII was last gen (although it's still better than that pile of glistening garbage).

Top Bottom