• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection PS4 Bundle Out October 9th

JPS Kai

I don't see all of the hate for a digital voucher. The Last of Us Remastered bundles have always been a download code and I haven't seen an Xbox one bundle that's had a physical disc in the box (including the Halo 5 system).

Podge293

i wasnt a massive fan of UC1, should i bother asking for this game as a gift (off of the missus, she likes lists so she can somewhat surprise) or leave it to another game?

basically are 2 and 3 better?

i do have 3 still shrink wrapped for the PS3 so i could try that i suppose

Loudninja

i wasnt a massive fan of UC1, should i bother asking for this game as a gift (off of the missus, she likes lists so she can somewhat surprise) or leave it to another game?

You should wait for the demo to atleast try it.

What didn't you like about UC1?They are changing things across all 3 games.

Memento

Uncharted 2 and 3 are definitely better games than 1.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
hope this means there will be dirt cheap codes floating around in a few months like there were for TLOU

I never played these games but I'm not paying anything over $20 or so for this

Boke1879

I like the idea of this. Probably gonna be very similar to the TLOU bundle where it was available for a long long time.

Can't wait to see the bundle opportunities this fall.

IndustryX

Should make the Naughty Dog Collection. I'd buy a second console lol

Special edition console
Uncharted Collection
Voucher for U4 when it releases
TLOU

watdaeff4

hope this means there will be dirt cheap codes floating around in a few months like there were for TLOU

I never played these games but I'm not paying anything over $20 or so for this

They are great games, why are you setting $20 as your ceiling? Just curious

Ugh this would make a great black Friday bundle if it wasn't 500gb.

500gb is a joke these days. Hard drive is almost half full just after this collection.

Makes me and other people who plan on getting a ps4 soon essentially tack on another $100 for an immediate HDD upgrade.

I don't expect a price drop this holiday. Anecdotally, Sony is having no problem moving ps4s at my gamestop. Would probably expect a bundle with two games for black Friday like last year

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Do you guys think Sony is including the digital version to increase profit margins because that's the impression I'm getting.

Well that much is obvious. Sucks for those looking for a PS4, but great for those of us that will try to snag a cheap code.

Fat4all

Banned
I don't expect a price drop this holiday. Anecdotally, Sony is having no problem moving ps4s at my gamestop. Would probably expect a bundle with two games for black Friday like last year

For Black Friday? Without a doubt. Expect some places to add more to certain bundles as well, like PS+ and other accessories.

Erry'one goes all out on Black Friday.

KyleCross

How many discs is this going to be in the first place? Each of them are pushing 25GB (U3 more) on PS3, albeit with pre-rendered cutscenes.

Most likely one. Only multi-disc bluray game releases I know of were collections featuring games or of games already released on disc for the platform they were releasing the collection on, so they merely re-used the discs so doesn't really count in this context.

The bulk of ND game filesize has been the pre-rendered movies, but Bluepoint appears to have turned all the cutscenes into real-time cutscenes so all that bulk is now gone. Factor in multiplayer being gone for 2 and 3, compression techniques, and possibly even the exclusion of the bonus video content included in each game and you can begin to understand they more than likely were able to get them all on one bluray.

Chobel

Do you guys think Sony is including the digital version to increase profit margins because that's the impression I'm getting.

Of course it's about increasing profit margins. I'm actually surprised Sony isn't doing it more often, after all it's working well for MS and their Xbox bundles.

Loudninja

For Black Friday? Without a doubt. Expect some places to add more to certain bundles as well, like PS+ and other accessories.

Erry'one goes all out on Black Friday.
There are alot of choices this year for a Black Friday bundle.

Going to be crazy.

Conduit

Banned
Ugh this would make a great black Friday bundle if it wasn't 500gb.

500gb is a joke these days. Hard drive is almost half full just after this collection.

Makes me and other people who plan on getting a ps4 soon essentially tack on another $100 for an immediate HDD upgrade.

Isn't the collection on 1 BD?

Top Bottom