• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

M3Freak

Banned
indie85 said:
As far as im aware, thats the only spawning area in the whole game, I died there too first time because I did my usual trick of waiting til I killed them all, just like everywhere else before progressing. But they just kept coming :D

I just waited. Eventually they stop - they don't keep coming (at least not on the Normal difficulty).

Pharmacy is continually trying to ruin the game for others by not spoiler tagging one word which could ruin the games story for newbies checking this thread. He is basically forcing peoples eyes to the one and only word he leaves unspoilered which could ruin the big twist in the game. I really would not care if he left the whole post unspoilered, but to ruin the game for people that way is just sly.... why is this allowed?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9125322&postcount=13192
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9077420&postcount=12997

Pharmacy

Banned
Keyser Soze said:
Pharmacy is continually trying to ruin the game for others by not spoiler tagging one word which could ruin the games story for newbies checking this thread. He is basically forcing peoples eyes to the one and only word he leaves unspoilered which could ruin the big twist in the game. I really would not care if he left the whole post unspoilered, but to ruin the game for people that way is just sly.... why is this allowed?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9125322&postcount=13192
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9077420&postcount=12997

anti-pharmacy force assemble

you could also say autobots assemble cos im like a decepticon basically so the autobots are against me

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Pharmacy said:

you could also say autobots assemble cos im like a decepticon basically so the autobots are against me

Hey dude, old buddy, old pal

Why you gotta suck so much?

Snah

Banned
I was banned when Uncharted came out, but I'll give my very LTTP impressions:

I loved the game so much I beat it in ONE SITTING.

I think that's all that needs to be said. Would be a damn shame if the lacking sales prevent Naughty Dog from making a sequel.

All they really need to do in order to get the game to sell better is have more online integration and replayability...yeah, I know, I don't really care about all that to be honest, but a lot of people do when they consider which games to rent versus which to buy.

Freak

Picked this up myself the other day, im currently on chapter 11, so trying to avoid the spoilers :)
Its a stunning game, although its a little gun heavy, was hoping for a little more puzzle/platforming action.
The only bit so far i was underwhelmed with was the jet ski sections (lack of inertia and not being able to drive and shoot at the same time)
But saying that i am totally enjoying this, some absolutely stunning visuals, an amazing soundtrack, and production values that are through the roof.
Cant wait to find out how it all ends up, although i can probably guess :D

eznark

Banned
Just finished it on normal. Took me a couple days of playing, not positive how long but about 10 hours.

I did really like the game, the twist was sort of stupid I thought, but they tempered that by limiting it's change on the actual game, which was nice.

Overall, while the game is really good, I sort of wish I had just rented it. It's easily beatable in a weekend and I don't see a whole lot of reason to go back and play it again.

I do look forward to the next Nathan Drake game though (I'm assuming). The dialog was surprisingly well done, as were the voice actors, and as every once else has said, it looks incredible.

Good game, first I've played on the PS3 and I was definitely impressed.

Kittonwy

Banned
Dual shock 3 YEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

The rumble makes this game even better rawr.
gladtomeetya.gif

ThePeter

Step 1. Let's all put Pharmacy on ignore.

Step 2. MOAR UNCHARTED. i'll be playing through it a few more times. itssss soooo0 gooddd....

Raist

Banned
Just beaten it on Crushing :D

55 treasures (meh) and 830 medal points. What the hell is the hidden one between the 92FS and the Wes 44 ?

Just finished Uncharted on Normal an hour or so ago. It's a fantastic game. The graphics are exceptional and I really like the characters. I might have liked a bit more free-form exploration, the jumping and climbing was great fun but pretty linear. Graphically the only thing that really bothered me was the texture pop-in. It was pretty bad but not enoough to stop Uncharted being one of the best looking games ever.

Oh I couldn't get the hand of the hand-to-hand combat at all. The combo very rarely seemed to work for me. That could use some kind of tutorial.

Rugasuki

Question about everyone's impression about the twist at the end.

It seems that a lot of people really think that there was a curse in Uncharted. I had more of the impression that there was just some naturally existing biological agent that the agent civilization had used, worshiped, and captured in the gold statute. I mean to say that there is no magic or supernatural force in the uncharted universe, it is still grounded in reality albeit one more like 28 Days Later. In the eyes of an ancient civilization a powerful virus or bacteria would be the equivalent to a curse.

Anyone agree or disagree?

deepbrown

Rugasuki said:

It seems that a lot of people really think that there was a curse in Uncharted. I had more of the impression that there was just some naturally existing biological agent that the agent civilization had used, worshiped, and captured in the gold statute. I mean to say that there is no magic or supernatural force in the uncharted universe, it is still grounded in reality albeit one more like 28 Days Later. In the eyes of an ancient civilization a powerful virus or bacteria would be the equivalent to a curse.

Ah the rational view - I thought about that, and then I just supposed...it's a game,
it's a curse!
lol

SRG01

Rugasuki said:

This is my impression on it:

Notice that the actual biological agent isn't infectious when the monsters are running around. What probably happened is that the makers of El Dorado imprisoned the original monster and worshipped it in hopes of preventing something similar in their tribe. When the body decayed, it became an airborne agent and started infecting people.

Greg

I was just messing around on crushing again... it's so damn easy if you ignore the cover mechanic, which is funny because of the emphasis the game seems to put on it. I never noticed how overpowered it was (because I don't think I ever used it consciously), but go into the over-the-shoulder mode and just stand behind the cover instead of actually locking to it.

You can pretty much abuse the shit out of the line of sight you get on enemies, and simply flip perspectives when you are getting shot at.

deepbrown

Kittonwy said:
I told him to keep at it and master those headsdhots in that instantablog thing, I'm glad he did because once you've learned the headshots the game becomes amazingly fun, and more fun than any other third-person shooters out there.
Naw you said "Uncharted is awesome. Awesome is Uncharted. :3":lol

Basch

Hey, everyone. I'm probably late, but did you know there are five Uncharted wallpapers up on the PSN along with an official theme? That was fast. :D

So if some people haven't noticed yet, it's there for you.

theBishop

Banned
Kittonwy said:
I told him to keep at it and master those headsdhots in that instantablog thing, I'm glad he did because once you've learned the headshots the game becomes amazingly fun, and more fun than any other third-person shooters out there.

i'm surprised he found Ratchet's controls super-smooth and Uncharted's lacking. I thought the camera in Ratchet was a little weak.

Pharmacy said:

I didn't know there was a Decepticon named "Attention Whore."

Optimus Prime sez: "Don't spoil good games for people, jackass."

steve

Banned
Awesome, I'm officially a Junior Member all over again, so this Uncharted thread cannot exist. Time paradox imminent!:lol

FordStang

I just recently played the DEMO version of this game and in that short time period I came to this conclusion: I should have got this game over Assassins Creed. Don't get me wrong, I like Assassins Creed, but I guess it comes down to that I like games that you shoot people rather than pick pocket someone. I dont know, but Uncharted is a sweeeet game. Atleast that is the impression I got from playing the DEMO.

Tieno

Just Sharted! Hard for 8 and half hours. Really good, love it. Story is simple, but executed well and it's one of the fews I could actually follow in an action game (while playing it). Rather have that than it be too complicated or understated. Haven't given it much thought but I think 17 is probably my favourite chapter, love the II V VII stuff and how it mixes combat and platforming.

21 treasures, 440/1000 points.

Edit: I'm also impressed by all the bonus content they packed in and all in very sharp HD, feels like I bought a CE. I hope Sony does this for all their big games, I really like this.

Pharmacy said:

Damn with a attitude like that get used to seeing that junior tag on your name for a long time.

Tieno

numble said:
Funny what he said about the pacing, I found it very very good. What he says about the combat makes me think he hasn't played the demo. I played it for a couple of times and I had to get used to the combat too (same as with Gears, took me about 30 to 60 minutes). So when I played the actual game I was already accustomed to how it controlled and just jumped into the game without any obstacles in the way.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Finished my first playthrough on Hard. ~45 treasures (I wasn't looking too hard). So much fun. Looking forward to my second playthrough.

Steroyd

Raist said:
Just beaten it on Crushing :D

55 treasures (meh) and 830 medal points. What the hell is the hidden one between the 92FS and the Wes 44 ?

Eddies golden gun I think, which is essentially a golden desert eagle with 1 shot kill.

I suck, the TMP i.e the Micro 9mm.

Playing through uncharted in mirror world is tying my brain in knots. @_@

Grayman

Hard 100% 9h 19m 34/60 treasures 490 points

Guessing by the list I think I need to use more tmp, desert eagle, and sniper/m79 if those even have an medal.

I never did get 3 guys with an explosion. There seemed to be one good chance for it in the
german complex where some mercs were fighting spaniard zombies
but i didn't get it the first time through.

The 5 punch combos in a row really lends itself to easy mode I think. Not many spots in the game give a good chance to do it. I have a spot from the demo planned out to do this as long as the first 4 save through a checkpoint, because there are many choices for the fifth target.

That one vine that I had trouble with still was the most deaths I had. Vine swinging physics should be taught in school, i had to tap up a few times to get the right distance out of it.

The last battle was kind of tough because I wasn't used to one of the mechanics used by then. It doesn't pop up in the rest of the game really. Very good though and very rewarding. It fits up there with top movie scenes.

Amazing game. I feel like writting a endorsement for it but I would rather play more now.

Kittonwy

Banned
Steroyd said:
Eddies golden gun I think, which is essentially a golden desert eagle with 1 shot kill.

I suck, the TMP i.e the Micro 9mm.

Playing through uncharted in mirror world is tying my brain in knots. @_@

Now I feel like trying that out, too bad there's no medal for completing the game in mirror mode, that would be nice.
Indifferent2.gif

Grayman

Kittonwy said:
Now I feel like trying that out, too bad there's no medal for completing the game in mirror mode, that would be nice.
Indifferent2.gif
There isn't? I was hoping some of those empty slots would be mirror mode, flip mode, speed mode

why is there an infinte ammo cheat when you can just use gun select to get ammo back?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
I just beat it and I got 46/60 treasures. I love this game, I haven't had a good time playing a game like this in a loooooong time, I will be playing again but I'm very satisfied Naughty Dog, you guys/gals has stolen my heart :D

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
g35twinturbo said:
I just beat it and I got 46/60 treasures. I love this game, I haven't had a good time playing a game like this in a loooooong time, I will be playing again but I'm very satisfied Naughty Dog, you guys/gals has stolen my heart :D
Play it with underpants this time, very rewarding. And the twists and turns it takes are so good. We're talking movie quality production here.

womfalcs3

Banned
I'm going through it again to collect the treasures and amass more medal points.

To be honest, I'm using a guide to accomplish the first. :D

3rd time through and I finally got all 1000 points.
Took me three times to find all the treasures. Those ones hiding in plain sight are a bitch.

calder

I have to play through the game again to get all the treasures, and I definitely need to do it before Home launches and everyone can see how weak my final score was on the first play through. :lol

Basch

Loudninja said:
I beat it with 56 treasures :D

Well, yeah... I got 47. What now? :lol I want to start my second playthrough so badly, but it has to wait. Resistance and Ratchet need to be fed too. :D

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Basch said:
Well, yeah... I got 47. What now? :lol I want to start my second playthrough so badly, but it has to wait. Resistance and Ratchet need to be fed too. :D

Same, I want to play it while its fresh in my head, I decided to play folk lore. Its a beautiful game, highly overlooked.

First time poster.... long time lurker.

I love this game so much but I've been doing a LOT of yelling at my tv playing this game on crushing. I'm in the middle of the "Sanctuary?" mission at the second big shoot out. So frustrating. Any tips? Thanks.

Top Bottom