• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - Game Informer details

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Cutter had better show up, be cool, and then unceremoniously break his arm and get sent home on another bus.

AudioEppa

I don't care about how it's pacing will be, each game it was fine to me.

I'm a little concerned about "puzzle heavy" i've never cared for it is the other games. It's always felt unnecessary, just something to stop the player so the game feels a bit longer. I guess it depends on how quick you are to understand it. Whatever I'll get over it.

Someone ask ND about the triple pack buyers. the dlc was advertised as included but has since changed. if it ain't included anymore i think i'll pass on this for false advertisement. payed $25 for pretty much nothing so far

What evidence is there that it's changed? Pretty sure it should still be included.

Ascenion

Not that we knew much about Chloe aside from her apparently being British, but is the half Indian thing retcon? I mean Sam is pushing it as it is.

We really need an Uncharted game where we play Sully and Sam. Dunno why they withdrew the idea.

Probably didn't want to make another game with white males as the leads

I'm ok with this Chloe game, she's the best Uncharted female. I'm just worried the location/environment variety is gonna be crap (like an Uncharted 1 or GA) with it all taking place in India.

So is this a full blown Uncharted title.

IDK why the PSX reveal made me think this was a side story DLC like 6 hour game

Probably didn't want to make another game with white males as the leads

I'm ok with this Chloe game, she's the best Uncharted female. I'm just worried the location/environment variety is gonna be crap (like an Uncharted 1 or GA) with it all taking place in India.

It won't be a globe trotting adventure sure but India has got tons of variety so I wouldn't be worried.

Ascenion

Think so, but not sure why it matters.

I'm just reminded of Nepal in Uncharted 2 and how Nate having dated Chloe and likely knowing of her past, neither of them mentions anything interesting while being in a predominantly Hindu country. Like not a thing but she's half Indian now and raised Hindu. That's kinda stuff bothers me, in the same sense that Marlowe would've known about Sam and could've used that as leverage to get Drake's ring which was the most important thing to him because of Sam. But yeah no one thinks about that stuff. I'm just agitated by the inconsistencies especially since it's made by the same people so there's less reason for them.

I'm just reminded of Nepal in Uncharted 2 and how Nate having dated Chloe and likely knowing of her past, neither of them mentions anything interesting while being in a predominantly Hindu country. Like not a thing but she's half Indian now and raised Hindu. That's kinda stuff bothers me, in the same sense that Marlowe would've known about Sam and could've used that as leverage to get Drake's ring which was the most important thing to him because of Sam. But yeah no one thinks about that stuff. I'm just agitated by the inconsistencies especially since it's made by the same people so there's less reason for them.

Sure, I get that. It is a retcon. I personally just don't think it matters much and we shouldn't constrain characters to one specific game like that so long as you can mostly make everything fit.

Ascenion

Sure, I get that. It is a retcon. I personally just don't think it matters much and we shouldn't constrain characters to one specific game like that so long as you can mostly make everything fit.
Usually I'm okay with it but Chloe being half Indian and Hindu changes Uncharted 2 for me. I can never play it the same again. The Cintamani stone is pretty well known in Buddhism and Hinduism. For them to be chasing after it but this is never mentioned or even hinted at, it's just immersion breaking.

Foxxsoxx

I like how they're implementing MP in there as well, pretty smart move, as the MP is pretty good.

Really lookin forward to this, can't come soon enough!

Formosa

Sounds so much better than UC4. Uc4 had a few large areas but was so empty and boring. So little battle and puzzle. The game really felt empty. Hopefully it's going to be a longer game too.

Sanojio

More info from mag, just got off work, sorry:
*So again, they spent months just figuring out who to use.

*They decided not to use Sully's past since he spent most of his youth in the navy and Cassie, being so young giving her a gun was out of the question.

*They planned to do a DLC with the scope and size of UC5. However the Last of Us II screwed that, so they settled and scaled it down to tell Chloe's story.

*People were pleased and disappointed Chloe wasn't in UC4 besides the note she sent Drake, but they never do cameos unless its an important role to play and there was no place for her in that story

*They added Nadine since the contrasts are just as fun and exciting as the similarities.
Nadine is very structured and pragmatic, Chloe is unpredictable, emotional and rash.

The main theme of UCLL is self-preservation in contrast to self-sacrifice. "When do you save yourself, when do you sacrifice yourself for others around you?"

*Asav is a cultured badass but he is being simplified, a "war profiteer who fooled himself into thinking his cause is superior and that he is better than these thieves and mercenaries whose world he is in"

*Both Nadine and Chloe are compensating for something

*Nadine will mark enemies and even do stealth kills. She is a fully trained mercenary

*Asev is undoubtedly Nadine's equal and she realizes that

*Lockpicking will be important to get extras such as the silenced pistol, no visual feedback to know if you're picking the lock, you have to get a feel for it from a vibration with the controller

*Some of the exploration is a uc1 and uc2 feel, a mystical feeling, feeling small in a space visiting temples and old churches

Nadine is not at all skilled at climbing. She also is getting used to do dirty work herself. She used to have her men blow shit up and its a change of pace for her

Chloe's climbing is much more elegant than Drake, but she dosen't have his reach or body strength

Implied that Chloe's father has been dead for decades

Chloe hired Nadine for two reasons. One, Nadine knows Asev from her mercenary days and only for financial motivation. Nadine is much more desperate than Chloe. Asev's organization was the one from the gameplay vid. They barely manage to stay ahead of him. With his resources, intelligence and determination, he finds a clue to get the Holy Tusk.

*Asev's organization was similar to how Nathan and Sam were being pursued by Shoreline. Asev knows Nadine personally and professionally, knows how she thinks

The reason Chloe is so self-centered is due to her father. She is facing a lot of old demons in India

*Stories of Hindu gods run parallel for Chloe's trials, illustrating the lessons she's learned. Hindu gods and goddesses, the Hoysala Empire. Unlike other uncharteds, this is a story about the region, religion and philosophy

From the sketch, Asev is a light skinned Indian with a salt and pepper ducktail beard and Ghandi style round glass lens. My opinion, imagine Rajinikanth but light skinned and evil

The Tusk of Ganesha
is not a literal tusk, but a jewel the Hoysalan Empire's nobles created to honor his legacy.

ND is taking the approach of the subject matter so seriously they went so far to cast actual Tamil insurgents, not actors from an agency. Some of the gameplay had inaccurate language and references such as restaurant signs and they corrected it immediately. They are talking to historians, locals, priests, to have this as authentic as possible

Western Ghats is a mountain range which is larger than all of madagascar in uc4

The Jeep does return with the winch

The MOST important thing is
that ass is back with a vengeance! According to the photos I saw in there

vivekTO

Really excited for this, especially the Setting. I hope it will be a more coherent experience for everyone .

Thanks for the details SANOJIO!!

*Stories of Hindu gods run parallel for Chloe's trials, illustrating the lessons she's learned. Hindu gods and goddesses, the Hoysala Empire. Unlike other uncharteds, this is a story about the region, religion and philosophy...

ND is taking the approach of the subject matter so seriously they went so far to cast actual Tamil insurgents, not actors from an agency. Some of the gameplay had inaccurate language and references such as restaurant signs and they corrected it immediately. They are talking to historians, locals, priests, to have this as authentic as possible

Thanks for posting that, very good to know they're talking to people, and actually making an effort at authenticity. Did anything strike you the wrong way, when you read the piece?

Aside from Escayg's ”weird deities" remark, some curious design choices within the December trailer were pointed out here (language/architecture/iconography/etc).

vivekTO

Thanks for posting that, very good good to know they’re talking to people, and actually making an effort at authenticity. Did anything strike you the wrong way, when you read the piece?

Aside from Escayg’s “weird deities” remark, some curious design choices within the December trailer were pointed out here (language/architecture/iconography/etc).

I think they have taken note from that(wierd comment) , and have done some changes regarding it. like doing better research of locality etc.

black070

and the best part of it all is I already have it paid off by paying £10 more for the digital deluxe edition at launch. :')

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
This sounds great, up until now, all I was expecting was a 90 min episode like Left Behind. Part of me is hoping they actually delay it and expand it up to an 8 hour game.

I'd guess we are looking at a 3-4 hour game as it is.

stryke

I'm probably being very reductive but Chloe having daddy issues doesn't sound particularly exciting. It's all in the execution I suppose.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Hmm. When I first saw the reveal I assumed it was set further in the past, before Nadine's encounter with Drake and perhaps tapping into the time when Chloe was more 'familiar' with Nathan too. But this is good too.

Psoelberg

All this sounds way more interesting than the original Uncharted games (which where already amazing). Really looking forward to this.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
There won't be any crate puzzles, well one or two as a joke. People hated using the crate in UC4 and they got a lot of negative feedback from it
giphy.gif

Nev

Banned
- "more personal, grounded story"
- big open levels
- Nadine

Zzzz.

Even Uncharted is open world now. Nothing is safe anymore. I don't want to play a gritty war story with lock-picking and vehicles for going from A to B in a Uncharted game for god's sake.

"More personal grounded story" than Uncharted 4. So, overly serious The Last of Us levels of doom and grittiness. Great just what everybody wanted of a Uncharted game.

Still day one but it's not looking good. I fully expect the same braindead platforming and easy puzzles that Nadine will solve for you anyways within 20 seconds.

Top Bottom