• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Has Gone Gold

tenor.gif

My bad, forgot that we can't analyze politics in games Neogaf likes.

I mean, even if you want to make this point, an entry where the two main characters are women of color probably isn't where it's best directed.

One of those characters grew up in Australia and the other is voiced by a white woman. If their actions in the game are no different from a white imperialist then they're essentially white imperialists.

Of course I don't know about the plot to this game yet, it could be about the two of them exploring India together and then leaving without causing any death or stealing any artifacts. But given Uncharted 4 was about a white man who was so upset at his average life that he had to go kill foreigners and loot their lands one last time; and then is celebrated by the game for doing so, I'm not expecting much.

if it was actually 6-10 hours ( i highly doubt that), but if it's actually that long, i would assume it's 5 hours climbing, 1.5 hours cutscenes, 30min puzzles and 1 hour of action

Considering their last two games both lasted about 15-20 hours, there's no reason to assume this won't fall in the 7-10 hour range.

One of those characters grew up in Australia and the other is voiced by a white woman. If their actions in the game are no different from a white imperialist then they're essentially white imperialists.

Of course I don't know about the plot to this game yet, it could be about the two of them exploring India together and then leaving without causing any death or stealing any artifacts. But given Uncharted 4 was about a white man who was so upset at his average life that he had to go kill foreigners and loot their lands one last time; and then is celebrated by the game for doing so, I'm not expecting much.

Chloe is half South Asian.

Frostman

Not too hyped because U4 was a disapointment. I hope this is more shooting, less climbing again.

ND can't win. UC 1-3 people complained about constant shooting galleries, and Drake being a murdering phsychopath. UC4 people complain about there not being enough shoot shoot. It's a lose, lose scenario.

This thread is dreadful though. A gone Gold thread turn full drama.

jacobeid

Banned

TIL, Nadine, a black woman from South Africa, is a white imperialist.

Aren't the vast majority of people you kill in Uncharted games just mercenaries working for the big bad and not the locals at all?

AudioEppa

Hey, not every thread needs to be a circle-jerk.

I've been in my fair share of ND/Uncharted 4 topics that become hostile. At the end of the day we are stuck in a culture where discussions are never mature. And people have a goal to have a circle jerk to feel justified in their feelings on games. And I'm not perfect when it comes to my attitude either.

I love cinematic video games like U4 that don't push gameplay moments in my face every five seconds. Having that opinion on video games gravitates hate with a lot of people in our community that only care about gameplay. I try to understand someone's opinion that is different from mine. But I get pissed off more then I'd like to adamant when people just talk shit like that poster.

I apologize for keeping this going, I had to say this one last thing and be done with it.

Can't wait to play TLL next month.

But that's not what Uncharted 4 was about. You fight a PMC group that is helping a guy who wants to find pirate treasure while you hunt for the same pirate treasure.

ND can't win. UC 1-3 people complained about constant shooting galleries, and Drake being a murdering phsychopath. UC4 people complain about there not being enough shoot shoot. It's a lose, lose scenario.

We had four Uncharted games that were primarily third-person-action-games within an adventure-setting. If they wanted to make a family-drama walking/climbing/chatter simulator with some action in between they shouldn't have called it Uncharted 4.

The pacing in Uncharted 4 was really bad. It was about twice as long as the other games, yet I feel the other games offered way more memorable situations.

I hope they get this right with Uncharted Lost Legacy again.

Drencrom

Uncharted is a series about white people invading foreign lands, killing 1000's of locals, and stealing their treasures for personal gain. I can't wait to see what new imperialist techniques they have in this one.

Why are people who obviously haven't played the Uncharted games going on about shit like this? Drake never kills any locals in any game, he's always fighting mercenaries which are mostly white (Russian, British or white South-Africans). The only POC he kills are Indonesian pirates/mercs in UC1 and some mercs in Nadine's army, never any civilains or locals.

tenor.gif

Uncharted 4 was a boring game, it only won GOTY because of fanboys, white imperalism.

Y'know... drama!
people keep saying how Uc4 had so much platforming that makes it boring.

To me, the shooting is what's most boring about this game. Just endless ways of people to kill. The platforming is where the game shines, especially because of those gorgeous graphics.

Aren't the vast majority of people you kill in Uncharted games just mercenaries working for the big bad and not the locals at all?

I mean if you're just going to assume that all these people joined the mercenary group out of their own free will, sure. I'm sure none of them of them were kidnapped as children or had their families threatened to be forced to fight for the group.

Besides that, Nathan's actions in Uncharted 2, 3, and 4 cause innocents to have their lives put into danger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdpulvJSdUk
https://youtu.be/rYnSuXOht2I?t=7m59s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XX8ZC4xCFY

But that's not what Uncharted 4 was about. You fight a PMC group that is helping a guy who wants to find pirate treasure while you hunt for the same pirate treasure.

It's a fight he didn't have to participate in, he chose to go kill people and then loot treasures for himself because he was bored of a normal life. And there are no consequences for any of his actions.

Shredderi

I mean if you're just going to assume that all these people joined the mercenary group out of their own free will, sure. I'm sure none of them of them were kidnapped as children or had their families threatened to be forced to fight for the group.

Exactly. There could have also been ongoing investigations being conducted on those mercenary groups and there could have been undercover agents there who were good guys trying to bring bad organizations down.

Besides that, Nathan's actions in Uncharted 2, 3, and 4 cause innocents to have their lives put into danger.

It's a fight he didn't have to participate in, he chose to go kill people and then loot treasures for himself because he was bored of a normal life. And there are no consequences for any of his actions.
Sure.

You must be fun at social gatherings.

Drencrom

Are you actually serious? Litterally making up reasons and events to paint war criminal mercs as victims in Uncharted lmao

He chose to participate in it because he believed his brother was in danger. Regardless, this isn't what you were saying before. I really think you're trolling at this point because I'm pretty sure if people keep proving you wrong you're going to keep changing your argument without admitting you were wrong, as you just did.
The saddest part is there are legitimate discussions to be had about subjects related to these, and you're delegitimizing them.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Holy shit, it might be time to take a step back.

Is there something in the air today that's making this particular thread such a shitshow? I mean, it's entertaining, but some of you all are on a completely different fucking level.

Ricky_R

Hahah man... ND/Uncharted games always bring the goods.

kpaadet

I never said that Naughty Dog is racist, probably because they might not be, but I can't ignore the fact that they hired a white woman to voice and do the motion capture for a character that is black.

Surely Naughty dog could have found a talented Black actor to play the part.
Are you also going to boycott God of War where a black man plays a white guy? Also in the Unchared case the voice actor Laura Bailey was cast before the look of the character was finished.

Popsickles

It's just a game bro chill out. You can dig into the politics of any game and find fault but that's not what Vidya games are about

With this wrapped up it will likely mean a break for the team and then TLoUPII finally enters full production. Since as of now they've been operating with a smaller crew while most of the studio has been on this.

Anyway, I expect this to end up being a lot of peoples favorite entry in the series. They've certainly said all the right things

I would say this is the sum of all Uncharteds. Everything you have loved about it. We’ve scaled the proportions of it back to some of the original Uncharteds, where they are epic as you saw, you know these Ganesh archaeological sites of the Hoysala Empire. We’ve gone into more of the discovery, more of the adventure, I would say more set pieces even.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/06/25/uncharted-lost-legacy-sum-of-all-uncharteds/

Drencrom

Is there something in the air today that's making this particular thread such a shitshow? I mean, it's entertaining, but some of you all are on a completely different fucking level.

Naughty Dog threads have been attracting a fair share of vocal and salty ass posters lately. It's always about their game(s) being 'overrated', 'bad', or 'immoral'.

Naughty Dog threads have been attracting a fair share of vocal and salty ass posters lately. It's always about their game(s) being 'overrated', 'bad', or 'immoral'.
Naughty Dog makes masterpiece games. I would not say that they are overrated or bad but I agree with some of the points made against Nathan Drake's character. It doesn't detract from my wanting to play through it though.

It's 2017 so I don't say this lightly, I don't think I have ever seen anyone try so hard to be offended over nothing as you are now.

Footos22

Jesus you need to get out more. It's a video game it's fun. Zone out and have fun. Christ. You must be the life of every party.

Duxxy3

Well being a murdering psychopath can be fun! Walking around isn't.

tootie923

Lately I feel like I've been reading GameFAQs everytime a Naughty Dog thread pops up, and it's the usual suspects trolling.

Elandyll

Banned
Actually, in pretty much all Uncharted games, groups of (mostly White) Mercs controlled by (White) families or powerful (White) companies are oppressing locals in foreign countries, and Nate comes to help them to be free of the oppressors!

Also he doesn't pillage ruins, stuff just needs to go to a museum, that's all.

/smh

On topic: August looking good between Hellblade and a near full size UC expansion with goddess Chloe!

Top Bottom